1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Kuroshitsuji / Black Butler Discussion

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Steampunk, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

Well, I recently finished this anime and I noticed a lack of a thread on it, so figured "what the hey".

For those of you who do not know what Black Butler is, this is how wikipidea puts it:

Black Butler has had 2 seasons and a third season is confirmed, and there is to be a live action adaption coming soon, but in my opinion, it looks like it will be one of those movies, that fans of the series will never speak of.

So what about you guys?

2. Skeptic

Skeptic New Member

I'm still struggling to find time to finish it. I'm about halfway through the second season but it really is a good anime imo. I didn't know there was going to be a live action adaptation, but I'm not a big fan of those as it is. Can't wait for that third season though!

3. Steampunk

Always nice to meet fans of the anime that you enjoy. ^_^

Yeah, the movie looks meh ant best, just looking at the trailer, I notice 2 little things that already throw me off. 1) it appears that they cast Ciel as a girl. and 2) It is not in Victorian England, but rather, modern day.

I also can't wait for season III, though from what I've heard, it will not include Ciel/Sebastian, but rather a new set of characters.

4. Shao-May

Shao-May Trainer in training

I never watched the anime, though I follow the manga and from what I understand, manga is better (but which serie differ really). The only thing the manga lack is more Grell, but I'm afraid they might had overuse him in the anime.

5. Steampunk

Well, I have yet to read the manga so I cannot compare, but I feel like Grell was used just the right amount in the anime.

Speaking of the anime, I mentioned season III. Apparently it wasn't going to feature Sebastian & Ciel, yet I just came across this, which is the cover of Feburary's GFantasy, the one that announced Season III and it has Sebastian on the cover, so I have no clue what to make of that.

6. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

I hope they pull a Brotherhood and just reboot the series. There's enough manga chapters now that they can probably safely end the Anime around the same time the manga ends, like they did with FMA.

Or maybe just retcon the whole angel shitshow arc and the entire awful season 2 and start with the Circus arc, which looks to be their plan.

7. Rio!

Rio! Composer

The whole Angel thing really irritated me as well; it literally had about nothing to do with...anything really. I actually didn't think the second season was bad though.

I've never been a fan of live-action adaptations of animations what so ever at all, so it's likely I'll just skip over it.

8. GhostlyMaiden

GhostlyMaiden Old User: OtakuGamer

Everyone knows about the Season three that is going to be based on the manga right?

I wished the angel female and angle male were two different people. The just combine their ideals.