• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kusatroll

http://i.imgur.com/a93EC.png

Look very carefully at the Shadow Triad's masks, then look very carefully at the patterns on the elemental monkeys' faces.

Can any of you unsee it? CAN YOU?!

No matter where this goes, I declare Kusaka Hidenori to be one of the biggest trolls ever. I can just imagine him laughing his *ss off at any fans who notice.

And damn it, I love him all the more for it. DAMN YOU KUSAKA! STOP FEEDING THE FANWANK! First you made the Triad Mello expies when everyone's arguing over their gender, and now this?!

MonkeyX

Holy crap thats crazy, they were absent from the final battle in the games so they really could be the shadow triad, and if they are what does that mean for the anime?

Darkxninga

Holy crap thats crazy, they were absent from the final battle in the games so they really could be the shadow triad, and if they are what does that mean for the anime?

WHOAA i didn't realize that! Your right o.0! Maybe they were having tea. Somehow,unaware of all the chaos that was going on.Cress, Chilli, and Cilan are now on the suspicious list....I would have never noticed their mask were like that.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Well then they are blessed with teleportation?

and they jmust not be that strong if they can be beaten with a lvl 10 pansear/pansage/panpour

Alright, now that I've calmed down, let's go over a few important things:

-The Shadow Triad has no official art. However, their sprites appear that their masks cover their lower half of face rather than their eyes.

-In the games, the Striaton Gym Leaders did not appear at N's castle because Bianca didn't reach them in time.

-As faithful as he is to the games, Hidenori Kusaka does his own sh*t all the time. If he made the Striaton Gym Leaders evil, well, he's done it before and we haven't had a problem with it. It's just kind of a bigger deal now because of the popular fanwank that the Striaton Gym Leaders are indeed the Triad. Kind of an ascended meme, if you will.

-Of course, still no confirmation. I remember being totally convinced that Jupiter was really Sird before that theory was flushed down the toilet.

-BUT JUST LOOK AT THE MASKS. At the very least, however, Kusaka is trolling us because he read the fan wank and wanted to screw with our fragile little minds.

Last edited:

Darkxninga

Alright, now that I've calmed down, let's go over a few important things:

-The Shadow Triad has no official art. However, their sprites appear that their masks cover their lower half of face rather than their eyes.

-In the games, the Striaton Gym Leaders did not appear at N's castle because Bianca didn't reach them in time.

-As faithful as he is to the games, Hidenori Kusaka does his own sh*t all the time. If he made the Striaton Gym Leaders evil, well, he's done it before and we haven't had a problem with it. It's just kind of a bigger deal now because of the popular fanwank that the Striaton Gym Leaders are indeed the Triad. Kind of an ascended meme, if you will.

-Of course, still no confirmation. I remember being totally convinced that Jupiter was really Sird before that theory was flushed down the toilet.

-BUT JUST LOOK AT THE MASKS. At the very least, however, Kusaka is trolling us because he read the fan wank and wanted to screw with our fragile little minds.

Oh.. I didnt know Belles messages didnt get reached in time for them.....sigh. aww.... >.> for some reason i was hoping they were up to something Cilan Im looking at you especially...

...oh geez. *sees it now*

Btw, did you notice that the toning on the masks are different too?
Does that mean they are colored? or just different shades of black?

Ememew

Emerald Mew
How is it "trolling" if he just wants to make the Striaton triplets the Shadow Triad (or else is just giving false clues)? He made Koga, Surge, and Sabrina part of Team Rocket, so making Gym Leaders "evil," regardless of whether or not they are in the games, isn't that big of a deal.

If it's because there's a fan theory, well, what if that theory actually has merit? Since he writes a popular Pokemon manga, he may have earned the right to advance knowledge the fans can only guess at. ;)

And if he is making them the Triad based solely on the fan-theory, is that really so bad? He's a fan too, he's allowed to take part in fan-theories. Still, half of me wants the triplets to be the Triad just to see how the anime would handle it.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
You know this whole Striation Gym leaders secretly the Shadow Triad is a popular idea. Many people like to think that's them. I don't know if its true or not and to be honest, 100% I never cared if they were. The Striation Gym leaders had the least impact gym leaders of Unova, and in the final fight with Plasma it was stated they weren't there because Bianca forgot to inform them. If they are the Shadow Triad I don't know what impact they'll have. I'll never understand how this theory became so popular, but if they are it won't be much of a twist. I think it would be cooler if they were related to the Striation triplets and simply had the evolved forms of the element monkeys.

MonkeyX

one of the reasons i think the striaton brothers might be the triad is because the triad really wasnt important to the games plot. They dont fight you or anything they just take you to N and Ghetsis, show you around the castle and give you the orbs, GF could've just had some grunts do those jobs. But if they decided to introduce the triad in B/W and reveal their true identities in grey then things make more sense.

Satori

ʮɳȿʈɵҏҏɐɓʟɝ
Okay well think of this.... What if at the end of Platinum the Shadow triad appears and takes the Griseous, Adamant and Lustrous orb when no-one was looking....?

Edit:
Odds are their identities will be released in the Third Version in the games. Hopefully in a Triple Battle. Player+Cheren+Bianca vs them.
Or just a 3v3 Player vs Them.... Plus there is no triple battle its Rotation Battle

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
That seems reasonable, since its hinted in BW that Ghetsis was planning something with them but never happened and that he got them from other places of the world. Knowing Special's history of taking minor things and turning them into big things its possible.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
O___________O

*goes to cry in a little corner*

I really hope not T_T I like them as good innocent sweet Gym Leaders...:<

Hmm...Maybe it's supposed to make us/characters THINK it's the Sanyo Trio when really they aren't -_- or just the opposite and use a red herring...ugh.

What bothers me is that with the brothers and their contrasting and over the top personalities feels all like a lie when people compare them to the Shadow Triad T_T

Last edited:

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
O_O THE PLOT. IT THICKENS.

The Striaton three weren't at the castle after all because they "missed" Bianca's message. However, I really do think Kusaka is just messing with the fandom here. Probably the Cilan, Cress, and Chili will show up in the final battle at the castle with all the other gym leaders, since Special never follows the game's plot 100%.

Btw, after you beat the game and the Shadow Triad gives you the orbs, didn't they say something about Ghetsis saving their lives once and they've sworn loyalty to him ever since? Hmm...now how could I apply that to the Striaton gym leaders...

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
At first, I didn't see and went "Huh?". Then I looked closer and proceeded to laugh. I never imagined Kusaka doing something like that. xD I have to admit I just might like this theory as it has a lot of potential for awesomeness. The triplets being evil would be a totally awesome "twist" since they're so underused and forgotten by the main cast.