• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kyoukai no Kanata

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
[img200]http://chikiotaku.mx/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2013/09/Kyoukai-no-Kanata-700x981.jpg[/img200]​

Like a goddamn phoenix KyoAni rises out from the ashes of fujoshi pandering and returns to making a decent series once again. Once news hit the streets people around the world rejoiced and a reported 36 suicides were stopped. The president of Canada resigned saying "oh snap this anime looks sick as balls." Life as we know it has been changed forever.

"The dark fantasy follows a high school sophomore named Akihito Kanbara. Although the boy appears human, he is half youmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among members of the spirit world. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai." Starts October 3rd (source MAL)

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Though i do like Free im really excited for a new Kyoani anime. this one looks to be really promising

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I kinda hope they use new designs for the characters

It's really jarring to see Satoshi in Free! sometimes

Xionea

Half a centaur
Watching this mainly for the heroine. I'm hoping the story is also good, and it sounds good, but I'm mostly watching for the heroine.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
KyoAni is enough of a reason for me to watch this, the fact that it sounds really damn interesting is just a bonus.

Like a goddamn phoenix KyoAni rises out from the ashes of fujoshi pandering and returns to making a decent series once again.

Come on, it may be fujoshi bait, but Free! has been pretty good.

I kinda hope they use new designs for the characters

It's really jarring to see Satoshi in Free! sometimes

Yeah, that's not really happening. These will be the same old KyoAni designs we all know and love.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yeah, I don't know if you were joking or not, CC#06. Can't blame you if you don't like it (though I think you don't mind it anyway), it's just a bit of a stretch to call it "decent".

Anyway, the synopsis looks interesting. I was so sure this would be a horror since I doubt KyoAni has done horror titles yet, but supernatural's fine with me. As long as it lives up to what it's advertising (and it looks beautiful, as to be expected form KyoAni), I'll give it a watch. Honestly does sound like it's down my alley anyway. So that's another title to tuck into my belt for fall, then.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Yeah, that's not really happening. These will be the same old KyoAni designs we all know and love.

That's really the only thing I have against KyoAni. Reused character designs. I see they ripped Chitanda's design, and I saw two or three others that I swear they ripped out of their other anime

Of course it's a lie. Canada isn't a real country.

People live in Canada? I thought it was a made up land that had free health care

Canada is to America as Wales is to England, or New Zealand is to Australia, just parts of our countries that we let think are their own country.

Wouldn't Ireland be a better example for England? Because it tried to be separate and all?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
That's really the only thing I have against KyoAni. Reused character designs. I see they ripped Chitanda's design, and I saw two or three others that I swear they ripped out of their other anime

A lot of studios do it, KyoAni seem to be the only one people complain about though.

Wouldn't Ireland be a better example for England? Because it tried to be separate and all?

I guess they could be interchangeable really.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
A lot of studios do it, KyoAni seem to be the only one people complain about though.

Well, it's the only one I notice it with. Besides Shaft, with Hidamari Sketch and MSMM, but that connection is obvious

I have no doubt there are others, but KyoAni always seems to use the same designs for their characters

Plus, people like to hate on KyoAni because it makes good shows

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Well, it's the only one I notice it with. Besides Shaft, with Hidamari Sketch and MSMM, but that connection is obvious

I have no doubt there are others, but KyoAni always seems to use the same designs for their characters

Look at P.A. Works and three of their more recent series in Hanasaku Iroha, Tari Tari, and RDG.

Look at A-1 Pictures and things like The iDOLM@STER, Magi and Working!!

Although they aren't as blatant as KyoAni, the similarities in character design are easy to pick out. Other studios do have more variety though, which would likely be where they get off the hook. Look at P.A. Works with Uchouten Kazoku, or A-1 Pitcures with Uchuu Kyoudai. Though, to be fair, Nichijou wasn't exactly the same old art style you expect when you think of more recent KyoAni works.

Last edited:
The president of Canada resigned saying "oh snap this anime looks sick as balls."

I have no idea why this amused me so much but it did.

Canada is to America as Wales is to England, or New Zealand is to Australia, just parts of our countries that we let think are their own country.

We've never let Wales think that.

Though, to be fair, Nichijou wasn't exactly the same old art style you expect when you think of more recent KyoAni works.

Reason no. 9684 why it's the best.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Look at P.A. Works and three of their more recent series in Hanasaku Iroha, Tari Tari, and RDG.

Look at A-1 Pictures and things like The iDOLM@STER, Magi and Working!!

Although they aren't as blatant as KyoAni, the similarities in character design are easy to pick out. Other studios do have more variety though, which would likely be where they get off the hook. Look at P.A. Works with Uchouten Kazoku, or A-1 Pitcures with Uchuu Kyoudai. Though, to be fair, Nichijou wasn't exactly the same old art style you expect when you think of more recent KyoAni works.

That's true. It's just that since K-ON!, almost all of their designs are pretty much the same. I still love them to death, but KyoAni is really the only studio I see that does it so blatantly