• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Kyurem Lv. 9 and under" - are you sick of this?

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
How many times have you seen that a lot of people that use the GTS probably want you to do something like this just so you can trade Pokemon with them?

Kyurem Lv. 9 and under

or maybe something like this?

Oshawott Lv. 100

To be honest, it clogs up the GTS and prevents any "useful" trades from occurring. Why do people troll in th GTS like this, and are you getting sick of it?

Discuss.

pikkichu

Wonder if GF will make these options impossible in x and y, though I did get a shiny kangaskhan legit on accident for basically nothing, didn't even know I got it tiill I went to rearrange it in my pc to put it in my "kanto" section, sosometimes you still get lucky

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Wonder if GF will make these options impossible in x and y, though I did get a shiny kangaskhan legit on accident for basically nothing, didn't even know I got it tiill I went to rearrange it in my pc to put it in my "kanto" section, sosometimes you still get lucky

It has already been confirmed that this will be fixed in X and Y

Puma Italia

This is one of the things that I hope they fix in X and Y. If they can make these strict hack checkers, they should be able to prevent impossible requests on the GTS.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I tried to look for some Pokémon on the GTS today (like my first time ever) and noticed how many of these Zekrom/Reshiram/Kyurem Lv. 9 trades are requested, even under completely regular Pokémon entries. Are these some kind of trade-bots or something?

It's more annoying when people request Shaymins or Darkrai's for the most normal of Pokémon.

Though the GTS has helped me a lot recently. There's a good half of people who understand normal trades (Once I found someone requesting a Shelmet for a Karrablast, I thought I had to put my Shelmet up and wait for a Karrablast. So we traded and got our respective evolutions)

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
At one point I assumed that this was some form of trolling. Lv/9 and under legendaries for shinies, popular unpopular pokemon, and other legendaries. But now it's to the point that everyone is doing this. I just can't believe all these people find this form of trolling to be "funny". I keep telling myself there has to be a legitimate reason people are doing this...

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
This use to annoy me when I used the Gts but now that I have a serbii account its easy to fine nice people willing to trade you pokemon.
But back when I was looking for the Unova starters It was hell because of all those level 9 and under Zekrom.

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
At one point I assumed that this was some form of trolling. Lv/9 and under legendaries for shinies, popular unpopular pokemon, and other legendaries. But now it's to the point that everyone is doing this. I just can't believe all these people find this form of trolling to be "funny". I keep telling myself there has to be a legitimate reason people are doing this...
this,i bet this started by some 10 year old trying to be funny,and then everyone caught on,thinking there was a way to dupicate your pokemon,and yes,i'm sick of level 9 and under

Also, not trying to be racist, but it's mostly the Japanese who do it.

Question is, how would you request a Shaymin or a Darkrai in the first place? You'd have it in your pokedex, so you'd have the Pokémon. I call hax.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Also, not trying to be racist, but it's mostly the Japanese who do it.

Question is, how would you request a Shaymin or a Darkrai in the first place? You'd have it in your pokedex, so you'd have the Pokémon. I call hax.

Probly haxs.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Here's the thing, though. There are still reasonable trades going around the GTS. Those get traded much more quickly, so what you end up seeing most times are leftover lv. 9 or under trades that no one will ever touch. If you put your own Pokemon up asking for something reasonable, chances are that trade will be done much more quickly.

Now, why people put those lv. 9 or under trades up is a different matter, but it doesn't exactly clog the GTS up. If anything, though, they do needlessly harm the reputation of the GTS, which is part of what causes some people to use it less often.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
I think the worst thing about the GTS is the hacks that go though there without being caught at all.
It really makes me mad.

Monek_OP

bernie2016
This better not devolve into some bashing/hate thread...

I've heard that people use level. 9 and under legendaries as a way to clone, but I'm pretty sure there's a more efficient way to do it. However, like others were saying, there are real trades going on, they just get swiped up really quickly...

the TCG online trading system has a feature that would solve this. It has a button that says "only show trades I can complete" and you can turn it on or off. Kyruem level 9 and under wouldn't appear on anyones list because nobody could meet that offer.

stupot

The thing that annoys me most about it is the fact that a Pokemon I put up for trade may not be seen by everybody. When you search for something, only a maximum of 7 offers appear (unless you narrow the search down to region, level or gender) so if you're the 8th person there your offer may not be seen, due to the slots being filled by people asking for Pokemon at unobtainable levels.

It absolutely sickens me and i hope that they have stuff in place that can look at your pokemon and tell if they are legitimate or not for the next generation. What's the point of a GTS if practically everyone on it only trades hacks. I don't remember the last time i wasn't offered an obviously hacked shiny Porygon -Z. That seems to be the "give me pokemon for my hacked one" starting bid.

~vava

Although i don't use the GTS to many times, is always fun to see the stupidity that some people have x)

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Oh Arceus yes. I haven't really used the GTS much lately (heck, I haven't played Pokemon that much lately), but it's so aggravating. It's like, really? Can I not just get my Umbreon/Zorua/Ludicolo/whatever without this nonsense?