• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Kyurem Lv. 9 and under" - are you sick of this?

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
Wow, are you serious?

It's what I brought up earlier - there are loads of biased people that use the GTS just so they can get legendaries because either they're too lazy to catch them or they want a competitive team (probably for the PVGC). If it's a legendary for another one that I don't have, then yes.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been running into lv.9 and under trades on there and people asking for that kind of Ditto... along with more than my share of rare Pokémon. Don't have as much of an issue about those, as much as I do the lv.9 and under ones and the ones asking for Pokémon at REALLY high levels. -_- *ugh*

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
It's what I brought up earlier - there are loads of biased people that use the GTS just so they can get legendaries because either they're too lazy to catch them or they want a competitive team (probably for the PVGC). If it's a legendary for another one that I don't have, then yes.

You got to be kidding me. Not that I mind catching but team, really? I can understand they want a cool team or proud of themselves to have it. They should able to catch Legendary Pokemon hard enough. There no excuse being lazy to get it. Unless, there an event Legendary Pokemon then I can understand it. It would be frustrated not to have event Pokemon if you or me miss it. But hacked Legendary Pokemon is one thing I am against. Cloned Pokemon...well I don't know what to say. Sorry for a rant.

Been running into lv.9 and under trades on there and people asking for that kind of Ditto... along with more than my share of rare Pokémon. Don't have as much of an issue about those, as much as I do the lv.9 and under ones and the ones asking for Pokémon at REALLY high levels. -_- *ugh*

I am not quite understand what you said. You been ran into GTS to look for rare Pokemon, and its asks you for high lv Pokemon? Perhaps Legendary? Am I wrong?

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
I think they should make impossible trades be exempt from the hack checker. So when they ask for a level 1-9 groudon, you can give them a hacked one with slow start, all 0 IVs, and splash etc.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
I think they should make impossible trades be exempt from the hack checker. So when they ask for a level 1-9 groudon, you can give them a hacked one with slow start, all 0 IVs, and splash etc.

Actually, my idea is possibly bad or worst. Forget about it.
I would have to wait and see what works for X and Y in GTS or whatever that is.

Last edited:

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
theres something horribly wrong when someone wants a Reshiraim or a Dyoxys for a Patrat, normal or otherwise!

I'm kind of scared to see what outrageous things they will ask for in 6th generation...

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I am so thankful they removed the literal impossible wants for GTS offers.

Oh sure, there are people asking for Articunos for Bidoofs, but at least they're asking for Articuno's at plausable levels. There will always be implausible trades, but no longer impossible ones

Cuthrout

I honestly can not stand the GTS. The concept is great, no doubt about that. However when searching for pokemon I see people expecting me to trade Xerneas or Yveltal for very basic pokemon. It does just clog up the GTS.

Hazmiter

Agree with cutthroat there.
The gts should trade instantly when you place a pokemon, and the one you want matches up with something some one else has deposited.
I dont bother searching anymore, i just deposit them and wait.
I can see alot of people wanting yvetal or other legendaries for charmanders etc.....

Ashrynn

Let them do what they want to do. They're just wasting a lot of space and it is very annoying, I must admit, but hell they have some dumb ones on there so far!!!

Took me multiple searches at various times to find a Bulbasaur... but now I've bred like a ton of females and can start asking for my own ridiculous things!

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I wonder if the GTS copy glitch has remained constant up into X and Y. If that's the case, then it would explain as to why these are found on the GTS now.

The idea is that, when you want to get a copy of you Pokémon, you put it up on the GTS, then when it is halfway through saving and stuff, you turn the game off. This will result in the Pokémon residing in the space it was in your team/PC, whereas there's a duplicate of it on the GTS in your offer slot. But because it is up for offer, anyone can get it, should they have the right Pokémon for trade. This is why they ask for the impossible; any legendary at Lv. 9 and under. This will promise them that the Pokémon that they copied will still be there when they go to get it.

Again, this is only if the glitch still exists in these new games. If not, then yeah, they're just being trolls.

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
I am such a hypocrite.
I used to hate when people did that.
But know I sorta understand.
They want to show off.
Why do I think this?
Well,. I did it myself to show off a shiny Infernape on Diamond.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I remember receiving a Level 9 Mew on the GTS in Diamond and using it to take a shiny Charizard. But then I felt guilty afterwards and put it back on the GTS for a random Cresselia.

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
What particularly bugs me is the fact that not that there are some impossible trades, but in the GTS in B/W, almost every time you try to trade with someone who matches your criteria, it displays this message:

Unfortunately, it was traded to another Trainer

It happens nearly all the time and what's particularly bugging is the fact that the same trainer appears with the same Pokemon when you try and trade again. Why is this? Why are they forcing us to put up with the impossible trades?