• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice (M15)

Rio!

Composer
From watching, I guess battling Kyurem is some sort of 'rite of passage'. Or something. ;p

I rather like how Terrakion is portrayed.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well, it took Keldeo an hour and a half to do it, but he finally got his sword up. And it was huge.

So is this the first movie that didn't have an antagonist?

If you mean antagonist, no. Kyurem was the antagonist.

If you mean villain, yes. Kyurem wasn't evil.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
That oath was very cliche, but it ended the movie pretty well for Keldeo.

This wasn't a bad movie, but it was different. I say it gets my rating of 7/10. Solid; average; not bad/good.

JD

Well, it took Keldeo an hour and a half to do it, but he finally got his sword up. And it was huge.

If you mean antagonist, no. Kyurem was the antagonist.

If you mean villain, yes. Kyurem wasn't evil.

Oh I see well I'm glad they didn't do the whole human antagonist controlling legendary Pokemon thing.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
"We heard you through the ice" What?

If rampaging Pokemon like Dragonite can shatter ice from within, it shouldn't come as a surprise that they can also hear anything happening outside.

I liked the movie only because the main trio (specifically Ash) didn't have such a very important role in the end. It was entirely based on Keldeo and his quest to pass the "surprise" test from Kyurem. This movie ranks a little higher than the Reshiram and Zekrom movie to me.

GEEZ, I just realized Kyurem is technically right around the corner of San Francisco-esque city of the movie itself.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This movie was actually a lot better than the last one that I saw. Initially, I hated Keldeo's voice, but my ears eventually did get used to it. I kinda thought Keldeo's flashbacks of Iris and Cilan telling him their plan was unnecessary since it pretty much went without saying. I also thought Kyurem was cool (no pun intended) and I have to admit that towards the end, I had thought he turned into black AND white Kyurem. My eyes played tricks on me.

Matori

THE QUEEN IS BACK
Got the VA list from the credits, for all interested.

Names cut off at the bottom are Emily Jenness (Dawn, Unova Jenny, Matori) and Tom Wayland.

qrasH.jpg

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
The best thing this movie had going for it was the action and art. There was almost no story to speak of and the morals were cliche and forced even for this series.

I won't rank it worse than the Manaphy and first Celebi movies, but I really am hard pressed to find things to give this a positive review on.

I hope the Genesect movie is better.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well... The Movie started out ok but as it when on it just got kind of dull... Still... It's nice to see Virizion having a nice feminie voice to comfirm that it is indeed female also Keldeo is the closest Pokemon comes to My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. I wonder if one was inspired from the other design wise. But.... Zoroark is still the sexiest Unova Pokemon I still remember her arms, her legs, and of course.... Her lush furry body... She don't need an illusion to hide that beauty.

That confirms nothing.

Jessie's Yanmega had the deepest voice ever.

And it was female.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That reminds me. Team Rocket didn't even appear in this movie. Aside from a small appearance of James at the cliff overlooking the train and Jessie appearing inside a cable train before Kyurem froze the water in front of the city.

Lorenzo The Comic

Pokémon Maniac
Keldeo vs Kyurem

Well, I did enjoy this movie a lot better than the Victini one which eventually got boring. The beginning to this movie was exciting, but that was just me.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
Ok!! So I really like this movie...!!

The animation was awesome...the Ash riding Boldore on the ice was epic!!

Love Kyurem voice!!! And Keldeo's too!!!

Btw- When Kyurem froze the abandoned mine and Cilan said "It look like an Ice castle" look more like a dragon!!

Final - I freaking love the lesson in the movie "If you lie the evil ice dragon will kill you"

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Decent movie. It was better than I thought it was going to be, which is good.

Liked
- Keldeo and Kyurem's voices.
- Animation.
- Iris and Cilan each having personalized roles. Usually the sidekicks don't get to do much. Not this time.
- The chase scenes through the city.
- The settings. They weren't as in-depth as some other past locations, but the abandoned mine and Rochelle City were cool.
- Music. Nice to hear the full Rival Destinies theme. Kyurem's Mine OST was amazing.
- Kyurem and Keldeo's final battle.

Disliked
- Virizion's voice. Not because it was female, but because it lacked any emotion.
- The plot. It was pretty bare bones, but I guess it was solely to highlight the moral of the movie.
- No ending song. That's one of my favourite things about Pokemon movies.

Platina2000

The movie was a lot better than I thought it'd be. Pokemon USA's getting better at the voice acting, but some of the lines still irked me, and for the legendaries to be called 'Sword of Justice'...doesn't really make sense to me, but maybe going by their other title, sacred swordsmen, would call for angry religious people? I seriously don't know. And...did anyone else notice the telepic voices that the Pokemon produced didn't echo this time? I don't think the Japanese version did, either. Not that big an issue; just thought I'd point it out. Animation was nice, and I loved the soundtrack.

Last edited: