• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice (M15)

Bluelatios*

Action is good and all but if every movie was like this - all action, no plot - you would get very sick of it very fast.

The length of this movie is no excuse, nor is 'it had a better story because it was about the Pokémon!'. Mewtwo Strikes Back packed a lot more story, a similar amount of action and plenty of Pokémon focus into a similar running time. There is no excuse for how lazy the writing of this movie was.

I agree, for all the movie did with focusing on the Pokemon and having good action, there was little real substance to back it up. For starters, not one ounce of the musketeer trio's history of warring with mankind was explored. And Kyurem was just sort of...there. No explanation whatsoever behind how he merged with Reshiram/Zekrom due to Team Plasma in the games. Animation and action is all good but at the end of they day, I would have expected more from a Pokemon film, even by today's standards.

Bathrezz

I thought it was okay. There have been worse movies but im not saying this one was bad. I'll have to wait for a HD version to download.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I agree, for all the movie did with focusing on the Pokemon and having good action, there was little real substance to back it up. For starters, not one ounce of the musketeer trio's history of warring with mankind was explored. And Kyurem was just sort of...there. No explanation whatsoever behind how he merged with Reshiram/Zekrom due to Team Plasma in the games. Animation and action is all good but at the end of they day, I would have expected more from a Pokemon film, even by today's standards.

That's true, actually. The Swords of Justice were just sort of there as well. Nothing in this movie seems to have been really explained that well, the Swords of Justice seem to be random Pokemon that protect people and Pokemon for no reason, and Kyurem seems to be an antagonist for no reason. I would've loved for them to explore their motives a bit more.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
I liked this movie better than the last movie. Great character growth for Keldeo as Sword of Justice. And the friendship it had with Ash was good to see. I did like the fact that Kyreum chased them though the movie just for Keldeo to finish the battle. The final battle was played out great. The animation looked great,well it's a Pokemon movie,the animation will always be good.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

Janovy

Banned
Well, I've finally seen this movie.

And it was enjoyable, but somewhat short.

One of the things I liked about it is that there wasn't too much of a plot or random nonsense like the Dragon Energy from M14. The plot was pretty much straightforward and the action/battle scenes were amazing. I really got into them and I pretty much enjoyed every second of those battles. Sadly, however, I was stuck with the dubbed version so I had to put up with Keldeo's annoying dub voice.

Another thing that annoyed me was how deformed the faces of human characters were. Seriously, isn't a Pokémon movie supposed to have better quality than the anime show? Because I've seen episodes with better drawn faces than this movie had. Yeah, yeah, the colors were vibrant and all but it just annoyed me. All the Pokémon looked amazing however, so at least that part was done right. I enjoyed seeing Iris and Cilan have a role of their own but what I truly loved was the inclusion of the Old Matriarch from the Dragon Village.

She got her own flashback and I think it was nice touch given Iris's background and connection to dragon types. Though I do think Iris could have shown a bit more reaction regarding the whole dual typed, ice/dragon, Kyurem thing. It's a shame they didn't use that opportunity.

I also wish they expanded more upon Keldeo's character. Despite his voice, he was a likable character and I rooted for him. ^^

Overall, this movie was enjoyable. (excluding the fact that a group of ten year olds managed to sneak into an unguarded museum and that a 10-year old girl managed to steal and control a blimp.) Seriously, they could try to be at least little realistic. XD The battle scenes were a blast to watch and Kyurem looked amazing. Indeed, much better than M14.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Why was this so short? Why is there no villain? Why is the script so cheezy? Why am I nickpicking? But seriously, I thought it was fairly decent despite it's lack of a villain, a rushed plot with weak elements. Saying BS like Kyreum is the strongest Dragon type ever. Kuyreum being able to switch forms at will without having Reshiram or Zerkrom inside him. Still thought it was okay, but didn't care enough, to say it was good.

JD

Why was this so short? Why is there no villain? Why is the script so cheezy? Why am I nickpicking? But seriously, I thought it was fairly decent despite it's lack of a villain, a rushed plot with weak elements. Saying BS like Kyreum is the strongest Dragon type ever. Kuyreum being able to switch forms at will without having Reshiram or Zerkrom inside him. Still thought it was okay, but didn't care enough, to say it was good.

In the game Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are the strongest dragon types ever.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
In the game Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are the strongest dragon types ever.

Arceus sez hai. He brought a Draco Plate.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Ah well I saw the movie on its premiere night and was kind of.. okay. Something seemed missing abut it that felt like it was not quite as good as other Pokemon movies >: The shortness of the movie makes me think that it was rushed >.>

The only good thing I liked was the battle between Kyurem and Keldeo, but I didn't like it that Kyurem could change into its Black or White form without the use of Reshiram or Zekrom. It would have been nice to have seen an appearance by both of them <.>

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
This is actually one of the worst, if not the actual worst Pokémon movie I have ever seen.. and I've seen them all.

There was no real plot, the Pokémon characters were all shallow and the sheer amount of 'talking' Pokémon was utterly ridiculous. I liked how they tied in Iris's Village Elder and had Team Rocket casually spying from a distance just to show they're still there, but everything else was just awful.

I don't usually give actual ratings on things, but out of 10, this wouldn't have even got a 1.. In short, My Little Pony should've stayed as My Little Pony.

Azureth

Well, this movie was enjoyable enough, but it has the weakest plot of any Pokemon movie by far. This is the first one ever to not have the destruction of a city or more as the outcome had Ash and the gang not been involved. This seems more like it should be a 2-3 part episode rather than a movie.

PokeTimmy

Collector
I just watched M15 and I think it falls somewhere between "just ok" and "pretty good" on my scale of Pokemon movies.

I really enjoyed the way Kyurem was used in the movie. He wasn't just a stereotypical villain - rather, he acted as a gate-keeper for admission to the Swords of Justice, pushing and pursuing Keldeo until he reached his potential and learned to accept defeat. It's almost like Kyurem is some wise sensei for the Swords of Justice.

As for intermittently changing forms, I guess that this Kyurem had the opportunity to absorb the powers of both a Zekrom and a Reshirem at an earlier point, and thus can change to both Black and White Kyurem? That was my hypothesis at least.

TheMaster327

Just seen the movie, and it was great. The only thing I didn't like is right at the beginning...

Ash: Scraggy, you're gonna have to jump!

Really, Ash, why don't you just recall Scraggy to it's Pokeball? Instead of endangering it's life by having it jump into the path of a moving train?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Just seen the movie, and it was great. The only thing I didn't like is right at the beginning...

Ash: Scraggy, you're gonna have to jump!

Really, Ash, why don't you just recall Scraggy to it's Pokeball? Instead of endangering it's life by having it jump into the path of a moving train?

The balls might of been in his bag or maybe Cilan was cleaning them or something and left them on the train. The movie was one of the better ones tbh. The second best one since the VA switch since the Sea Temple one. Vic was a nice touch but the main story idk still better then the DP ones but it was missing something it felt

diakyu

So I saw it when it was on CN but I'm just now getting around to saying anything about it. Overall I thought it was pretty good, definitely better than M14. The action was great and the animation in them was pretty great imo. I liked the approach of having Keldeo as the central character instead of pushing Ash to the front like most Pokemon movies tend to do. My favorite part of the movie had to of been when Ash and Pikachu were flying (I guess you can call it flying) around the city on Keldeo.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
In short, My Little Pony should've stayed as My Little Pony.

Slightly off topic, but I love how people keep comparing Keldeo to MLP even though the only thing they have in common is they're the same species. And they're both cartoons.

Anyway, like I said earlier, I was only really half paying attention to this movie. Were Kyurem's motives ever really explained? WTF does he have to do with the Swords of Justice?

diakyu

Anyway, like I said earlier, I was only really half paying attention to this movie. Were Kyurem's motives ever really explained? WTF does he have to do with the Swords of Justice?
I seemed like fighting Kyurem was a way of proving yourself when you become a sword of justice. It really wasn't explained that well. Kyurem's motivation for chasing Keldeo was basically to teach him that he needed to man up and finish what he stared.

What I want to know about is the giant Ice gate. Why did Keldeo have to cross it when he battled Kyurem both times? I take it was basically a physical representation of Keldeo agreeing to fight when he passed through it.