• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice (M15)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
From what I remember about watching this movie a long time back, I don't think Kyurem and Keldeo were too bad at all even though it wasn't too interesting. It was good to see Black Kyurem and White Kyurem but it was weird to see it transform into them without the presence of Reshiram and Zekrom. Overall, what I was most interested in was Keldeo's ability to turn into its Resolute Form and it learned Secret Sword, which made it perform better in its rematch against Kyurem.

Daizy

I call you honey
I guess I'm alone in thinking that the Rocket-dan deserved more screen-time here. This movie premiered after they had regained their funny attitude in BW, so they could've had a few comedic scenes.

They wouldn't have added much to the plot since Keldeo's rematch against Kyurem was the main purpose of the movie when you think of it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mega Altaria said:
It was good to see Black Kyurem and White Kyurem but it was weird to see it transform into them without the presence of Reshiram and Zekrom.

I wonder if it was done because the movie writer didn't know about the DNA Splicers, or if it was merely a creative change because the writer couldn't figure out how to introduce Zekrom and Reshiram into this movie.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
This movie was..meh...Kyurem being able to literally transform on the spot was kinda stupid, the only really cool thing was Vic Mignogna voicing Keldeo. The guy's voice acting resume is HUGE. lol

Too bad Vic is a sex offender. I didn't think his voice suited Keldeo anyway since he ended up sounding exactly like Edward Elric and it was distracting. Then again maybe it's just because Vic lacks diversity with his voice. Anyways, I didn't like the lack of DNA Splicers, Zekrom or Reshiram in this movie either.

Kiarran

It never made sense that the Swords of Justice aka the musketeer trio even battled Kyurem in the 1st place. Kyurem was completely secluded from humans in an abandoned mine, and with the exception of the Cryogonal that it ruled over it hardly interacted with anybody prior to the Keldeo battle. Kyurem did not threaten the lives of any humans or Pokemon until Keldeo ran away from fear after their first battle, and even then Kyurem was only interested in finishing its battle with Keldeo.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kiarran said:
It never made sense that the Swords of Justice aka the musketeer trio even battled Kyurem in the 1st place. Kyurem was completely secluded from humans in an abandoned mine, and with the exception of the Cryogonal that it ruled over it hardly interacted with anybody prior to the Keldeo battle. Kyurem did not threaten the lives of any humans or Pokemon until Keldeo ran away from fear after their first battle, and even then Kyurem was only interested in finishing its battle with Keldeo.

I assumed that the reason why they battled it was because of the possibility that Kyurem would've caused trouble eventually, similar to how it has a vicious reputation in the Isshu games since it would apparently kidnap people according to the in-game dialogue. The musketeer trio and Keldeo were probably just being extra cautious about the possibility of Kyurem attacking humans.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't get why enough people talk about this but they literally screwed kyurem. I liked the swords of justice and keldeo in the film and i like the movie overall but kyurem was screwed. First not only did they scrap his history with zekrom and reshiram and made him randomly be able to change between forms which was stupid, but they implied that cobalion, terrakion, virizon each defeated kyurem. What? That's bs

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don't get why enough people talk about this but they literally screwed kyurem. I liked the swords of justice and keldeo in the film and i like the movie overall but kyurem was screwed. First not only did they scrap his history with zekrom and reshiram and made him randomly be able to change between forms which was stupid, but they implied that cobalion, terrakion, virizon each defeated kyurem. What? That's bs
I felt the same way. And the main characters of the anime weren’t even necessary to the movie. The only notable things they did were find an injured Keldeo and trying to free the other Swords from the ice. That’s literally it. They had no bearing to the plot whatsoever and if you removed them from the movie, it would have ended the same way. While watching the movie, I actually forgot Ash, Iris, And Cilan we’re even in it. That’s how forgettable they were in this particular movie. I mean even Pikachu did nothing for a majority of the film and this is the mascot Pokémon of the entire series! If your mascot is just sitting around watching stuff happen around it in a movie, that’s a sign that you have yourself a pretty bad movie. To put into perspective it’s like having a Batman movie where the villains he has to pursue are the Joker and Bane and they are causing mass destruction but our hero does nothing but sip a nice cup of hot tea for 80 minutes while buildings are being blown up and Bane is demolishing entire city blocks with a single punch.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think most of us here noticed how weird this movie was from the start.

Captain Jigglypuff

I think most of us here noticed how weird this movie was from the start.
And one of the least popular Pokémon movies. The only other movie that is widely disliked is Hoopa’s but it does have more involvement from the main group and the Legendary battle in the city was handled pretty well in terms of animation to the point it flowed nicely and not overwhelming.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I meant the "Kyurem doesn't need two Legendaries and a key item to change forms as it pleases" part. Anime!Kyurem is the biggest offender with that kind of freedom.

Exactly heck i wouldn't have minded it if it tied more into the Tao trio lore to give some explanation. I wouldn't have minded latios latias diancie and Mewtwo mega evolving without a mega stone or a key stone ( diancie did have a key stone but not a mega stone) if there had been some explanation, even if it would be half assed

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This movie would work much better as an hour long special rather than a movie.

Captain Jigglypuff

I thought the same way. At the same time, I felt like the Meloetta arc should have been a movie itself because of how long it is and you could form a cohesive film by removing the episode recaps and cliffhangers.

Leonhart

Imagineer
U.N. Owen said:

If it had been a two-part episode used to promote B2/W2, I think it would've been better as well, because then the writers could've condensed all the unnecessary plot elements instead of them trying hard to extend the plot of the movie.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Rheena said:
Oh man you're definitely right that Kyurem got the raw deal here because even its forme changes went unexplained. But I've faced the fact that this film was just a quick cash in for the B/W sequels.

In a way that really is what this movie amounted to, just a way to increase the hype surrounding B2/W2. And I was one of the people who was suckered into thinking that we'd see the return of Zekrom and Reshiram from the 14th movies here, but of course I was extremely letdown.

HOLY CRAP PORYGON LINE IN THE INTRO SEQUENCE
This movie was kind of boring but Keldeo is awesome. For the first 30 mins Ash and co are just running around.
Nice ending song. 4/10, slightly better than the Victini movie.

Starcross~Cleffa

Keldeo sucked so much. Even after all that drama that he went through he still couldn't knock out Kyurem. Talk about a movie that had a huge anticlimax ending sheesh.