• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kyurem

As I've said kyurem with the right support in the team and scarf can be sooooo deadly. Hp fire can deal very decent damage to those annoying steels aswell, ik that this pokemon may be outclassed in some ways however, with those respectable stats and stabs it's so often underated.

TropiOUs

Come at me bro
Kyurem has decent stats.
But it is too weak against Priority moves and his typing is awful for the metagame.
Kyurem should only worry about Scizor's Bullet Punch because the other common priority that is common and super effective against him that you might have guessed it is Conkeldurr's Mach Punch can't OHKO after Stealth Rock damage with a little investment in his hp(24 evs only)and OHKO it back with specs Draco Meteor on par with Latios power.Technilloom is irrelevant because it is not released yet.

And his typing is not one of Kyurem's problem,his movepool is.

kyurem with a choice scarf in hail, blizzard hits hard, i just started runnin him with a scarf and i'm seeing improvments in my team already, i run max spd and spattk, psychic, dpulse, blizzard and shadowball for those pesky psychic pokemon

i just checked the last post, sry for bumping this

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
master you should add substitute set._.

yeah the sub set is probably the best one available really ****s teams up.

EDIT: so I'm not totally useless I'll just list it so you can c/p.

Kyurem@ Leftovers
Pressure
Modest
56 HP | 236 SpA | 216 Spe
-Substitute
-Blizzard
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast

Gray™

Kyurem is cool but it sucks. It's a shame too because it has 660 BST.

Power Creep is so stupid this gen.

in which sick twisted universe does kyurem suck?
ive used it several times before and besides the huge list of weaknesses that his ice typing provides i havent got one complain about kyurem

ParaChomp

be your own guru
in which sick twisted universe does kyurem suck?
ive used it several times before and besides the huge list of weaknesses that his ice typing provides i havent got one complain about kyurem
Exactly!!!!

Zachmac

in the sick twisted universe that is B/W standard.

You do realize that it's BL meaning that it's too powerful for UU but sucks too much to use in OU? Yeah. Terrible.

Not to mention that it's ice STAB is walled by the most popular walls in OU. Also, it a dragon. Why in the actual **** doesn't it get dragon dance? Seriously. This fact alone easily makes him the worst dragon banned from UU.
Someone here is a little pessimistic....

Anyway, I don't think it would matter much if it got dragon dance. What's would the set be? Dragon Dance/Outrage/Rock Tomb/Shadow Claw? It's better off specially anyway, kind of like Latios.

Ice STAB is walled by Jellicent, Jirachi and friends, but fighting, often considered the best STAB can touch a Jellicent either, and still has troubles with Skarmory, Gliscor and Jirachi. Yet, we've still got Terrakion in OU. Oh, and lets look. Cloyster is OU for skill link icicle spear. Mamoswine for the amazing coverage it Ground/Ice. Starmie is almost never seen without boltbeam.

Ice is actually an amazing offensive typing, it's only problem is that it's a terrible defensive typing.

Anyway, I have a question. How is the B/W universe sick and twisted in anyway?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Anyway, I have a question. How is the B/W universe sick and twisted in anyway?
Those idiots at Smogon won't let me use Blaziken with the Blaze ability!

Does everyone remember what blue text means?

bugcatchersdream

is not a moron
In Grey, Kyurem needs a new form with 125/140/95/140/95/105 stats, Fusion Flare/Bolt, Earthquake (actually give this to the whole Tao trio), Icicle Crash, and Ice Shard. That thing would be such a boss in Ubers with above-average Speed, an excellent offensive typing, and a fair amount of unpredictability. It could actually run a Choice Band set with Outrage/Icicle Crash/Earthquake/Ice Shard, but it would still be outclassed by Rayquaza.

Let's not forget that Kyurem has pretty much the best mixed offensive stats in OU. A simple mixed setup of Outrage/Draco Meteor/Focus Blast 2HKOs pretty much everything, and Base 95 speed isn't that bad. It's also incredibly bulky and can be used alongside another Dragon wall breaker, namely MixMence, to destroy pretty much anything.

You're going to have to give it some support, but that's true about a lot of successful sweepers.

B/W universe is cool...it's just the metagame that needs work. Serious work.

And dragon dance wouldn't benefit Kyurem?

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Stone Edge
Return

Sounds like a damn decent moveset to me. Plus, he needs something for that mediocre speed anyways. Yes 95 base speed is mediocre when you think about it in a relative sense. It's one of the slowest dragons, if not THE slowest in OU.

Nah, Kyurem would really need Earthquake or something to make a DD set worthwhile. Literally the only thing that a +1 Outrage wouldn't kill or heavily damage is Steel types, and neither Stone Edge nor Return helps with that. Btw, Base 95 really isn't all that bad in comparison to other Dragons. With a Timid nature, Kyurem outspeeds all Dragonite, Adamant Haxorus (the most common variant), Modest Hydreigon (again, most common), and neutral Salamence (still fairly common), which isn't half bad.

M4zz

Banned
Not to mention that a Dragon Dance Kyurem is a terrible idea to begin with, and is most easily outclassed by whichever Dragon Dancer in OU.

Between the Substitute set and the Scarf set, Kyurem has its own little niche on Hail Teams where it belongs.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I actually never knew Kyurem got DDance. But Jesus said it all anyway. It doesn't have the right physical move pool or stats to pull it off. Cool typing, but not the best.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
Kyurem has too many weaknesses among wich are the most common pokemons, Steel, fight. even with choice scarf it is probable enemie carries bullet punch scizor or mach punch conkeldur. Beeing ice it looses it's resistant to fire and beein dragon it looses it's weakness to ice. Yet he has more weaknesses and less ressistences than most dragon type pokemon.
i personally woudln't use him buti could try him to test his power.

Zachmac

I actually never knew Kyurem got DDance. But Jesus said it all anyway. It doesn't have the right physical move pool or stats to pull it off. Cool typing, but not the best.
It actually doesn't, someone just said it would be better if it had it.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
i thought kyurem was really cool.. but it's current movepool blows. at least until it gets freeze shock/ice burn. maybe.

Zachmac

i thought kyurem was really cool.. but it's current movepool blows. at least until it gets freeze shock/ice burn. maybe.
To be honest, I don't think those two moves will help it much. They're like sky attack, they have to charge. They give your enemy a free turn....
On the second turn, an ultracold, freezing wind surrounds the target. This may leave the target with a burn.
On the second turn, the user hits the target with electrically charged ice. It may leave the target with paralysis.