• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kyurem

Psycho Cut

(Presuming Fire/Ice + Electric/Ice typings)

Well, i think KyuResh will be dreadful, at least relative to normal Kyurem. It loses it's Dragon STAB and gains a meh one, but also gains a x4 weakness to SR. The only think that could remedy this'd be a boost in stats or good addition to it's movepool.

KyuZek on the other hand is probably going to be better, as it gets STAB on the infamous BoltBeam combo. If Kyurem does get a nice boost to its Stats/Movepool, this form could well go Uber.

I suppose it also depends on how the forms are changed. If it's by holding an item, then their competitive value may be decreased, as they can no longer use 'good' items such as Choice Items, Life Orb, Leftovers etc

Ciliano

Kyurem, as it is now, is probably one of my least favorite Pokemon. Its typing shoots it in the foot despite it having decent defensive stats. It's a shame really.

Vivian

In the trailer of the 15th movie, it looks like kyurem changes to black/white kyurem when he wants. So, it might be like deoxys that changes when he want in the anime, but needs meteorites/be traded to another version to change.
I think kyurem is ice type because all the energy he had when he, reshram and zekrom split stayed with reshiram and zekrom. Without energy, things becomes cold, so kyurem is ice type. But the Black/white kyurem will either stay as an ice/dragon type or become dragon/electric and dragon/fire. In the new trailer of the 15 movie, white kyurem is seen using an fire type move.

Zachmac

I think kyurem is ice type because all the energy he had when he, reshram and zekrom split stayed with reshiram and zekrom. Without energy, things becomes cold, so kyurem is ice type. But the Black/white kyurem will either stay as an ice/dragon type or become dragon/electric and dragon/fire. In the new trailer of the 15 movie, white kyurem is seen using an fire type move.
That could be, especially since fire and electricity are producers of heat.

Or perhaps we're looking to far into it.

In the trailer of the 15th movie, it looks like kyurem changes to black/white kyurem when he wants. So, it might be like deoxys that changes when he want in the anime, but needs meteorites/be traded to another version to change.

There is definately some logic there.

~Ace

i can show you how
Kyurem is pretty nice, it has decent bulk and can hit hard (as said in O.P) It does even better in hail. Which is a bonus with it's coverage and stats.

Zachmac

There is definately some logic there.
Actually, it's logical enough. Well, not exactly something I'm really seeing gamefreak doing, but it still has some logic behind it. Just be happy it's not someone claiming that Marowak was originally going to evolve into Kangaskan.

Though looking further into it, it's probably false.
Pokedex said:
It generates a powerful, freezing energy inside itself, but its body became frozen when the energy leaked out.
....So it's still got some energy inside of there, it's just a freezing energy.
Kyurem is pretty nice, it has decent bulk and can hit hard (as said in O.P) It does even better in hail. Which is a bonus with it's coverage and stats.
Actually, it's bulk is amazing. It's just it's ice typing that holds it back.

Eaglehawk

Banned
It's almost like having Ho-Oh in OU in a sense it has Uber stats but not banned into the Uber tier.

coolminun

Banned
you know. with the total power creep the dw gave, and all the new stuff 5th gen has come up with i'm surprised it never occurred to anyone that kyurem could be the first with 3 types. Went to look up the new trailer on youtube, and someone translated some of the things from the jp website. it said Kyurem is supposedly the strongest of all dragons and blah blah.

What if they did give him 3types? Well it'd really be 4 but more than likely the forms will be version exclusive. what kind of upset would this cause the metagame??

Zachmac

you know. with the total power creep the dw gave, and all the new stuff 5th gen has come up with i'm surprised it never occurred to anyone that kyurem could be the first with 3 types. Went to look up the new trailer on youtube, and someone translated some of the things from the jp website. it said Kyurem is supposedly the strongest of all dragons and blah blah.

What if they did give him 3types? Well it'd really be 4 but more than likely the forms will be version exclusive. what kind of upset would this cause the metagame??
I've seen plenty of the 3 or 4 types theory, but I seriously doubt it. I mean, seriously doubt it. Why wouldn't Rotom-W be water/electric/ghost then?

Besides, it's just an unlikely decision for them to make. More then two types could really get out of hand.

coolminun

Banned
i thought about the rotom thing too, but rotom is a minor poke. This guy is supposedly the master of the Tao trio and has an entire game and movies dedicated to him. somehow, this doesn't seem that far fetched. An I know that it seems like things could get out of hand quick, but I mean really what if??

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver

From what I've heard, three types is impossible with the current coding. I doubt they wanna revamp the game engine or w/e just for something like that.

Vivian

Well, since RSE we´ve had a third legendary that nulify the power of the other two. Groudon makes eternal sun, kyogre makes eternal rain, raquaza nulify the efects of both. Dialga controls time, palkia controls space, giratina makes both time and space instable. Reshiram produces heat, zekrom produces heat, kyurem gets rid of the heat. It still has energy, but uses it to make its body and the surroundings free of energy, and thats why its could. If we fuse a dragon that generates heat with a dragon that gets rid of the heat, we will have just a regular dragon. So, the fusion kyurems might be pure dragon types. They may learn ice and fire/electric/ice moves, but won´t have stab in any of then .

coolminun

Banned
OMG, he's the second most powerful physical or special sweeper in existence!! He's so mad powerful. The ubers game will change for sure once this beast comes to town. Black and Wite kyurem ftw!!! The only poke who beats him out in raw power is freakin deoxys atk form. he hits almost 500 on the base scale! MY FREAKIN GOSH!!

Vivian

Can any kyurem fuse with any reshiram/zekrom with that item, or only the ones caught in BW2? Can you fuse kyurem with reshiram in Black2 if you trade a reshiram? Can we fuse a reshiram/zekrom that came from Black/ white with kyurem?

Eaglehawk

Banned
Kyurem with base 700 stats. Finally.

170 att/sp. att is tremendous, and I feel they would make excellent sweepers/wallbreakers in Ubers, especially White Kyurem.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
1/2 of HP from Stealth Rock.

Kyurem with base 700 stats. Finally.

170 att/sp. att is tremendous, and I feel they would make excellent sweepers/wallbreakers in Ubers, especially White Kyurem.
No, not finally. Being Ubers is a kick in the nards (not as hard as NU but still). Nonetheless, it's most likely the strongest overall Pokemon out there, well rounded defences, decent speed, makeshift Mould Breaker, and attack stats that rival Deoxys, I know what everyone will be using in Ubers now...

Anyone got ideas for counters bar itself?

Klaus™

Banned
it can be countered, but probably revenged the most. terrakion seems the hardest counter to kyurem white. looked on smogon, and saw a jirachi set that is a hard counter to it to. a certain ev spread, cant remember though. it all depends on what set they use. but they are going to be paired with the weather duo, i predict that. reshykyurem with groundon, zekyurem with kyogre