• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kyurem

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Parachomp said:
Odd? Last time i checked, while in its attack forme, Deoxys has base 180 offences.

Oops. You're right. Sorry about that! I overlooked that detail just because I was in a slight hurry.

On subject, I would think that White Kyurem is better than Black Kyurem (not meaning to sound racist here). Here's why I think that: White Kyurem gets Fusion Flare, which means that it can hurt opposing Steel types more easily than Black Kyurem could with Fusion Bolt. Fire + Dragon attacks + Turboblaze= coverage against the entire game. It will be interesting to see which one of the forms is used more frequently, though.

Calculating! Also, I put the last EV in Speacial Defence due to Stealth Rock and the abundance of special attackers in Ubers. The only power boosting item Smogon recommends to use on Mewtwo is Life Orb and does not recommend Focus Blast or a Special Attack boosting nature. Want the other calculations? Do them yourself and some are easy to figure out.

242 - 286
61.9% - 73.1%
222 - 262
56.8% - 67%
314 - 370
80.3% - 94.6%
288 - 340
73.7% - 87%

Now for Kyurem hitting back...

192 - 226
54.2% - 63.8%
224 - 264
63.3% - 74.6%

White Kyurem this. Black Kyurem that. Am I the only one who thinks they sound racist?

Huh. Black Kyurem Adamant Outrage does 81.6% - 96% with Outrage. White Draco Meteor does 95.2% - 112.2%. This assumes no item for either one. I think you forgot STAB...

Klaus™

Banned
I am seeing abomasno usage in ubers will rise along with more spinners and espeon.

I see no problem using both reshiem and white kyurem... in the same team...

i see no problem either. sorta double dragons going on, imo. sorta.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
I use both Reshiram and WhiteKyurem in the team I've been using on Pokémon Showdown. It's excellent, and I even got to #2 on the Ubers ladder on that simulator.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Huh. Black Kyurem Adamant Outrage does 81.6% - 96% with Outrage. White Draco Meteor does 95.2% - 112.2%. This assumes no item for either one. I think you forgot STAB...
0__0

Ooh, you're right, I did! I can't find a good online generation 5 calculator so I used Smogon's calculator (that still needs to be updated) and opted Kyurem with Deoxys while attacking and Walrein while defending. I swear, I did put in the correct EV spread to make their stats the same as Kyurems.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Wonder how Imposter Ditto will fare with these formes.
Not good unless they're at the KO mark, lack the Choice Scarf, and Ditto has the Choice Scarf. Also, why did you mention Ditto, did it get the boot too?

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
subroost............

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I run Glaciate on my Kyurem (with Modest 128 HP/252 SpA/128 Spe) and it has proved quite useful in the past. Though not that strong of a STAB, it still does a fair chunk and the speed drop comes in handy the odd time. In all honesty, should I keep it if I change to Sub-Roost (never used this strategy in general so I can't really say)?

BurningWhiteKyurem

I remember people saying that they'd run this set for added coverage plus recovery: Ice Beam / Fusion Flare / Draco Meteor / Roost.

If people have B-Kyurem, is there any chance that Kyurem's TM List is unchanged? If so, why not make it similar to W-Kyurem where we can give it coverage in the form of Outrage or Dragon Claw / Fusion Bolt / Stone Edge / Roost. Only issue is you sacrifice Ice STAB, but at this point there is nothing other than Ice Beam that makes it worth using Ice Phyiscal STAB (looking mainly at abusing 170 physical)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I run Glaciate on my Kyurem (with Modest 128 HP/252 SpA/128 Spe) and it has proved quite useful in the past. Though not that strong of a STAB, it still does a fair chunk and the speed drop comes in handy the odd time. In all honesty, should I keep it if I change to Sub-Roost (never used this strategy in general so I can't really say)?

No, you should run

-Sub
-Roost
-Ice Beam/Blizzard/Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse.

It allows you to take down Blissey apparently, with Toxic Spikes support.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
I use subroost and ice beam and earth power on mine. enough hp evs to give it 404 hp 252 speed and the rest in special attack. very good set.