• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kyurem

Too bad it's not like Solarbeam and doesn't have to charge in the Hail. Btw, I think Freezer Burn would have been a great pun name for the move. Better than Ice Burn, anyways.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I like Kyurem. I've ran hail teams and it acts as a great late game clean up Pokemon. Running the Sub + 3 attacks it can take out many weakened Pokemon late game with STAB Blizzard, STAB Dragon Pulse, and Focus Blast.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
I like Kyurem. I've ran hail teams and it acts as a great late game clean up Pokemon. Running the Sub + 3 attacks it can take out many weakened Pokemon late game with STAB Blizzard, STAB Dragon Pulse, and Focus Blast.

same + its a good counter to rotom-w since it resists ist common moves and easily 2hkos with dragon pulse.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
it could be ran with a power herb when it's freeze shock/iceburn comes out.

M4zz

Banned
I don't even want to begin on what I just saw from that announcement. Will this make Kyurem better in competitive? I guess we'll find out in June.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Wow, so there's a possibility of Kyurem getting TWO alternate types? Well, this is exciting!

Alternate formes. Not too sure about the type stuff, because retyping w/out new moves is just stupid. Even Freeze shock and ice burn are ice stabs.

If they give it Snow Warning, it might be better. I just hope it just gets a new movepool, preferably with Thunderbolt/Flamethrower or Fire Blast as it takes on the alternate form of Reshy or Zekky.

Zachmac

Wow, bad version names aside, this could make kyurem at least OU. Maybe give it a little more speed.
People were wondering if the 3rd game was going to be called Grey or Gray in English....I think it'll be both.

Well, it could interesting. I think it'll face competition with Reshiram or Zekrom though, depending on the form.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Wow, bad version names aside, this could make kyurem at least OU. Maybe give it a little more speed.
Depends, really. I don't think this will do anything to its original form.

If it's solely type changes that change the Dragon typing, the Reshiram form will be awful while the Zekrom form will be amazing. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
People were wondering if the 3rd game was going to be called Grey or Gray in English....I think it'll be both.

Well, it could interesting. I think it'll face competition with Reshiram or Zekrom though, depending on the form.
The games were confirmed to be sequels of Black and White. They're called Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2.

Eaglehawk

Banned

I have a feeling that Kyurem's stats are gonna be rehashed. 20 more to BST to make it a 680 monster. Plus, Stat redistribution is possible. For the Zekky fusion, attacks prob gonna be 140 Att/120 SpAtt.

Other than that, I really think nothing is really gonna change with his other stat.

lol We don't even know anything about its base stats right now or any movepool changes.

Or ability changes.

Zachmac

The games were confirmed to be sequels of Black and White. They're called Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2.
It was a joke. :/
Depends, really. I don't think this will do anything to its original form.
Except new moves, maybe. Ice Kyurem would simply love Blue Flame.
lol We don't even know anything about its base stats right now or any movepool changes.
Nothing says I can't get my hopes up, right?

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
It was a joke. :/Except new moves, maybe. Ice Kyurem would simply love Blue Flame.
Oh, oops. ^_^; Also, on Pokebeach, there's a little statement that says that Masuda will reveal the names' of the two new formes at a later time...("Their names, Masuda promised, will be revealed later.")

Eaglehawk

Banned
And I was wondering why there was little activity an hour and a half ago.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
I think that Gamefreak will make Kyurem keep its Dragon/Ice typing and give it a signature move from Reshiram and Zekrom. I'm hoping that the Kyurem forms get an increase in Speed so it can survive in OU if not maybe go to Ubers. And even though it will be weak to Stealth Rock, it doesn't mean its terrible. Just look at Volcarona, a premier sweeper who is 4* weak to Stealth Rock.

Just look at Volcarona, a premier sweeper who is 4* weak to Stealth Rock.

the reason Volcarona stayed in OU even having a quadruple weakness to rock type is mainly because of Quiver dance. More over, he has an additional resistance to common priority attacks like bullet punch, ice shard, mach punch etc.

Let's hope Kyurem gets agility or dragon dance at the very least, or even a stab priority move like ice shard. oh god Kyurem WHY U NO HAVE ICE SHARD? lol.

Zachmac

I think that Gamefreak will make Kyurem keep its Dragon/Ice typing and give it a signature move from Reshiram and Zekrom. I'm hoping that the Kyurem forms get an increase in Speed so it can survive in OU if not maybe go to Ubers. And even though it will be weak to Stealth Rock, it doesn't mean its terrible. Just look at Volcarona, a premier sweeper who is 4* weak to Stealth Rock.
I would love it if Kyurem got their signature moves. Blue Flame or Fusion Flame would give it much needed coverage, while Fusion Bolt or Bolt Strike would give it a slightly larger physical movepool.
the reason Volcarona stayed in OU even having a quadruple weakness to rock type is mainly because of Quiver dance. More over, he has an additional resistance to common priority attacks like bullet punch, ice shard, mach punch etc.
Kyurem is deadly in hail. Abomnasnow's usage might come up a bit because of it. Sure, weak to priority, but powerful special attack, 120 power STAB move that won't miss in hail, and hopefully a good fire type move.