• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

L.A. Noire

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
I kinda think Dr. Fontaine was one of the best villains Rockstar ever created. He has a certain sinister aura about him that's really intriguing. I think the game would've been worse without him.

Sabconth

Kanto Ranger
Does anyone else think Dr. Fontaine was one of the best villains Rockstar ever created? He had a certain sinister presence that made him intriguing. The game would've been worse without him.

I thought he was a bit of an over actor actually, especially compared to the rest of the cast.
I much preferred Roy Earle as a villian. From the moment you meet him he just begs to be hated. Great character, great actor.

Flamle

Every Weekend....
Several of my friends have purchased this game, and I have considered buying it. Would it be worth it, or should I spend my money on something else?

Buizelster

I'm finding LA Noire to be amazing thus far. Even if I haven't made it to the Vice desk yet.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
God this game drags. It gives one hell of a first impression, but now 10-15 hours or so into it, its gotten downright tedious. Just the same kind of stuff over and over again, in the exact same pattern, over and over again. Its a good game, but not a great one.

And honestly, I think this game would be better if it wasn't an open world game. Really the only thing to do in the world outside of finding absolutely pointless hidden items, are "street crime" side missions that are really poorly developed for the most part, and completely ruin the pacing of the case.

totally agree with this, I am disappointed how the whole game lacks pace in general. Even shootouts aren't that entertaining, another one for the shelf *sigh*

I am not wanting another open-world mayhem game like gta, but I wish there was something you could do to entertain yourself during free roam.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
i dont really see much of a Story in LA noire so far, aside from the main character moving up to different departments.

im in homicde missions right now all the game seems to be is one case to another and street crimes. Its like the True crime Games except LA noire has no story and Better Graphics.

Theres more to do in True crime and GTA, IMO. I only Rented it for a week, dont plan on buying it.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
i dont really see much of a Story in LA noire so far, aside from the main character moving up to different departments.

im in homicde missions right now all the game seems to be is one case to another and street crimes. Its like the True crime Games except LA noire has no story and Better Graphics.

Theres more to do in True crime and GTA, IMO. I only Rented it for a week, dont plan on buying it.

The story really starts after you get to the Vice Desk. Keep on truckin'.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Does anyone know what character John Noble voices?

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Would anyone mind explaining to me what exactly this game is? I've been hearing a good bit about it.

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder
The story really starts after you get to the Vice Desk. Keep on truckin'.

Which is another on my list of complaints. You dont get a proper overarching story till nearly 2/3s of the way through the game? I'm on the last case and everything from the last vice case onwards has been far more enjoyable than everything before. Which makes me feel all the more they really dropped the ball on this game.

Buizelster

I'm just finishing up the Vice desk now, and I have to say I'm sympathizing more with Cole than thinking him the world's biggest scumbag. I mean he knew his squad wasn't meant for offensive fighting, and yet they were sent to sugar loaf hill anyways, and when Hank died it seemed like that was Cole's breaking point. Meanwhile Jack is just being a major ***, and I can see why Sheldon became the way he was after the war. Though I wonder if he was that insane before being shipped out.

As for Cole cheating on his wife. I kinda feel like it was tacked on too. He really didn't spend any time with Elsa outside of Manifest Destiny. We just get some cutscenes of him going to the club and we're just supposed to buy that he cheated? Heck I could have seen John Marston cheating on his wife with Bonnie Macfarlane before Cole did with his wife, and that's because John and Bonnie's relations were a little more developed.

viaddie

Other Priorities
woo i finished this game last night.very good game

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
@Buizelster; It becomes more evident near the end of the game, mainly in the middle of the Arson Desk. You'll see.

Buizelster

Making my way through Arson now and I have to say I kinda hate how everyone's treating Cole like he's the only man alive who's ever cheated on his wife. Especially when you look at some of his past partners. I was kinda hoping that maybe Roy had been feeling a bit hesitant about turning traitor on him though since he hand picked Cole to be his partner in the first place, and despite everything seemed to like him. Then I saw the newspaper in Manifest Destiny and that just plain threw me for a loop that it was easier than I had thought for Roy to turn on him. I'm not pissed off at Cole nor think he's the worlds biggest scumbag. I'm more pissed off that the LAPD threw him under the wheels to save their own asses. I mean they didn't need to sacrifice Cole for that, and despite Fontaine being close in with the LAPD it's not like he'd have gone down if Sheldon had been convicted.

I still think the whole adultery thing is lame. The worst kind of out of nowhere plot twist considering we don't know why Cole cheated in the first place, how Cole and Elsa got together, and Cole's homelife. Heck his wife seemed like a raging psycho***** and that's the only impression we have of her, but it's pretty cool how they revealed that Biggs was the narrator from the patrol desk cases.