• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lack of Ash's battle winning ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

An00bis

Wicked Witch
How about that Thunder Armor he used against Tate and Liza?

I think Lisa said it best: I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WORKED!!!

What they decided to do later on in Sinnoh is a more acceptable approach to that with Grotle and Mamowswine swallowing their own attacks to artificially raise their power. Too bad they introduced that one so late in the region. It didn't get much use despite all the practicing.

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
I liked that Ash uses creative strategies in his battles, such as counter shield, ice-aqua jet, and the spin used by Aipom and Pikachu to dodge Roark's pokemon.

For Thunder Armor, it only took Pikachu and Swellow getting hit by lightning to create it. A little bit of more work probably should of went into its creation.

Kustem

Stylish knight
this thing about strategies sometimes its awesome like counter shield,

others,,,an epic fail, like the horn or the thunder armor, but ash always shows something
the last one was the use of string shot to evade camus atacks, really smart,i hope ash improve a new combo (hope with oshawott) to surprise trip in the unova league

Last edited:

MisterM

That's what she said
It's true that Ash hasn't used many out-of-the-blue strategies for a while and they're always very nice, especially with the improved animation style.
What I'd like to see :
Palpitoad - Mud Shot + Hyper Voice/Hydro Pump (to make the mud balls way faster and maybe even control their directions)
Roggenrola - Flash Cannon + Stone Edge (same as Palpitoad, to increase the speed of the rocky spikes)
Swadloon/Leavanny - Energy Ball + String Shot (to control the direction of the Energy Ball by keeping it 'stuck' somehow to the string shot and thus controlling it)
Oshawott - Aqua Jet + Razor Shell (like everybody, but maybe later as a Dewott/Samurott)
And that's pretty much it since Ash's other Pokemon don't have enough moves to try and guess some combinations.

BTW I also loved Thunder Armor!

Bell56

The One and Only
I would like to see Swadloon use Sting Shot in a defensive way. I can see him creating a webshield (ala Spiderman) or using a combination of Razor Leaf and String Shot to create some kind of leaf barrier held together with the webbing.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Come on people, the region hasn't ended yet.

Chupaca

Thunder Armor was my favorite, it caught me off guard. I hope ash continues to keep up the strategies during the BW series..

Tom Greenville

Come on people, the region hasn't ended yet.

This. Perhaps the reason why we haven't seen Ash using innovative strategeries is because he hasn't needed to yet (Gym rematches excluded). We'll probably see a great deal of innovation at the Don George Tourney.

On a side note, I also have to wonder what would happen if Ash was in an uncontrolled battle situation, i.e. against Team Plasma. He'd have to think on his feet as though his life depended on it. Because in those situations, it just well might.

JD

In the recent Zorua episode I noticed something Ash had Pikachu use Electro Ball and then Thunderbolt to power it up or make it bigger I'd like to see him incorporate this into an actual battle. I don't see why he can't just bring back spinning aqua jet or countershield maybe even swallowing electro ball somehow?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I remember when he was against Liza and Tate he used thunder on Swellow and Swellow was yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.