• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ladder sand

248.gif
385.gif
508.gif
647-resolution.gif
251.gif
645.gif

As the title suggest, this is one of my better teams that i dedicate just for the ladder. this team functions more as a middle finger towards the meta whiles still being diverse enough to keep offensive momentum. at the moment i am 40-11 with this team pretty good if i say so myself. so please be nice and rate this team :]].

248.gif

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SDef / 48 Spd
Gentle Nature
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Specially defensive ttar is always one of the pokemon i go for when making teams. playing a wall, ability to set up rocks and even trap threats such as latios and latias accordingly makes this pokemon shine in my team. Sand stream allows me to get rid of rain and sun since both of those weather have abusers that can put holes in my team. this pokemon ev spread is design to outspeed either bulky scizor or choice banded scizor with no speed ev's, this pokemon has a gentle nature so i dont have to lower my speed or weaken my fire blast.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

This pokemon is probably weird to see in the metagame at this time. this old 4th gen / early 5th gen set is surprisingly well suited for this team of mines. wish to give my team some form of recovery and calm mind to help this pokemon go for late game sweeps. i gave it thunderbolt just to hit water types and to get neutral damage on to other steels, and it has psyshock to deal heavy damage to chansey and blissey, since they literally cannot touch this pokemon i can use them as the perfect setup fodder.
this pokemon is physically defensive only because i am going to be boosting my special defense all the time. this pokemon is also my wall towards dragons being a steel type with great bulk.

*This pokemon last set which was the bulky wish calm mind set with psyshock and t bolt actually didnt allow this team to remain momentum very well, so i took another approach to jirachi. I decided to make pretty much a brand new set where as it can still be bulky enough to take the hits i want it to , and be able to keep up momentum whiles still allowing to pass off wishes. Fire punch is mainly for scizor, since if the opponent only safe switch in to jirachi iron head is that .. it can potentially be 2hko, u-turn to allow me to go into appropriate counters if need be , ike predicting heatran switch ins and so on.*

508.gif

Stoutland (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Pursuit
- Fire Fang
- Superpower

After a few calculations this stoutland set outpseeds the entire meta scarfed or not. this pokemon can outspeed scarf latios by a bear minimum whiles the sand is up. With the remaining evs i drop them towards hp which adds a small amount of bulk towards this pokemon. stoutland plays as my revenge killer and late game sweeper. i opt for pursuit to trap alakazam or gengar that fear the crunch, fire fang is mainly for ferrothorn so i dont have to resort to superpower lowering my atk and def everytime i use it.

647-resolution.gif

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Now this monster right here is a great pokemon to this team and is majority of the time hard counter towards rain team. dealing a miminum 52% to tentacruel from hydro pump in the rain is quite a feet, seeing that tentacruel is really bulky. keldeo is my wall breaker and technically another pseudo physical hitter sending out banded secret swords at my opponent and then being able to send specs special attacks when needed the most.
*Dropped HP Ice For Ghost since it still hits everything that needs to be hit. Also this team struggled with jellicent so this helps to cope with this.*

251.gif

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This pokemon plays a vital role in dealing with breloom and pretty much any rain team that stands in my way. once i send out a pokemon i deemed useless in the battle as sleep fodder i can safely send out my celebi to deal with it easily at anytime deal super effective damage to it no matter what i do. i carry the hp fire for steel types, and i chose baton pass over u-turn so i can dodge pursuits and still keep offensive momentum whiles doing so.
*After a bit of tinkering and the uprising of jolly loom, i have decided to change celebi evs and nature where it can speed creep jolly loom and still remain bulky. this set allows celebi to outpace it by 2 points.*

645.gif

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Last but not least sheer force landorus. the final power house behind this team legitimately destroying any team in the meta single handed, i run u-turn just for opposing celebis trying to swallow up the earth power or focus blast. u-turn also helps me to keep momentum in a match if i dont feel safe going for a earth power knowing they have counters like latias on their team. to be honest there isnt much i have to explain about this pokemon its pretty much a nidoking on steriods.

as i said earlier please rate this team if you have any suggestions on how to improve this team please tell me asap. to help you understand just a little bit more here is a battle i had on showdown (not the best, but better than nothing)
http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-14137245

Last edited:

Rosez66

Ace trainer
Just putting it out there, sand force landrous? I mean your using sand anyway so may aswell benefit from it.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Comments in Bold
248.gif
385.gif
508.gif
647-resolution.gif
251.gif
645.gif

As the title suggest, this is one of my better teams that i dedicate just for the ladder. this team functions more as a middle finger towards the meta whiles still being diverse enough to keep offensive momentum. at the moment i am 40-11 with this team pretty good if i say so myself. so please be nice and rate this team :]].

248.gif

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SDef / 48 Spd --> 252 HP 4 atk 252 SDef
Gentle Nature
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Specially defensive ttar is always one of the pokemon i go for when making teams. playing a wall, ability to set up rocks and even trap threats such as latios and latias accordingly makes this pokemon shine in my team. Sand stream allows me to get rid of rain and sun since both of those weather have abusers that can put holes in my team. this pokemon ev spread is design to outspeed either bulky scizor or choice banded scizor with no speed ev's, this pokemon has a gentle nature so i dont have to lower my speed or weaken my fire blast.It still gets k0d by BP from CB Sciz so im not sure why it's important that it outspeeds...

385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Wish --> Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

This pokemon is probably weird to see in the metagame at this time. this old 4th gen / early 5th gen set is surprisingly well suited for this team of mines. wish to give my team some form of recovery and calm mind to help this pokemon go for late game sweeps. i gave it thunderbolt just to hit water types and to get neutral damage on to other steels, and it has psyshock to deal heavy damage to chansey and blissey, since they literally cannot touch this pokemon i can use them as the perfect setup fodder.
this pokemon is physically defensive only because i am going to be boosting my special defense all the time. this pokemon is also my wall towards dragons being a steel type with great bulk.
It still gets ko'd by most earthquakes wish is for a more support type rachi imo.

508.gif

Stoutland (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Pursuit
- Fire Fang --> Wild Charge
- Superpower

After a few calculations this stoutland set outpseeds the entire meta scarfed or not. this pokemon can outspeed scarf latios by a bear minimum whiles the sand is up. With the remaining evs i drop them towards hp which adds a small amount of bulk towards this pokemon. stoutland plays as my revenge killer and late game sweeper. i opt for pursuit to trap alakazam or gengar that fear the crunch, fire fang is mainly for ferrothorn so i dont have to resort to superpower lowering my atk and def everytime i use it.Wild charge is a need not a want

647-resolution.gif

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Now this monster right here is a great pokemon to this team and is majority of the time hard counter towards rain team. dealing a miminum 52% to tentacruel from hydro pump in the rain is quite a feet, seeing that tentacruel is really bulky. keldeo is my wall breaker and technically another pseudo physical hitter sending out banded secret swords at my opponent and then being able to send specs special attacks when needed the most.
i carry hp ice to easily ohko dragon types and give me some lee-way to deal with special defensive celebi. Icy wind is fun because speed drops

251.gif

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This pokemon plays a vital role in dealing with breloom and pretty much any rain team that stands in my way. once i send out a pokemon i deemed useless in the battle as sleep fodder i can safely send out my celebi to deal with it easily at anytime deal super effective damage to it no matter what i do. i carry the hp fire for steel types, and i chose baton pass over u-turn so i can dodge pursuits and still keep offensive momentum whiles doing so.

645.gif

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Last but not least sheer force landorus. the final power house behind this team legitimately destroying any team in the meta single handed, i run u-turn just for opposing celebis trying to swallow up the earth power or focus blast. u-turn also helps me to keep momentum in a match if i dont feel safe going for a earth power knowing they have counters like latias on their team. to be honest there isnt much i have to explain about this pokemon its pretty much a nidoking on steriods.

as i said earlier please rate this team if you have any suggestions on how to imrove this team please tell me asap. to help you understand just a little bit more here is a battle i had on showdown (not the best, but better than nothing)
http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-14137245

closing comments: This is the type of team thundurus-T would love with it's agility set. (But then again it can do that with most any team...) With jirachi down on your side you get swept by it with ease. Also whats that with the tyrannitar? Out speeding scizor? CB Scizor only needs to bullet punch ttar and its dead. Mix Mence also handles your team pretty well because jirachi's gone after an EQ or FB. (This also explains most of my reasoning)
If you're looking for a thundurus counter in addition to jirachi Opt Mamoswine> something. I'm not sure what I would use it over.

Set: Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Just putting it out there, sand force landrous? I mean your using sand anyway so may aswell benefit from it.
that set is inferior to me these days, sorry. saphirapwns you seem to doubt ttars natural bulk bp from adament banded scizor can only do a max of 97% even with my negative defensive nature besides every scizor i battle always u-turn on a ttar if u bp your a fool since i clearly have jirachi on my team. im not adding flash cannon because i dont have use for it i dont want it 3 attacking the set i have there is just right for this team .. giving my team support as implied when i stated " wish to give my team some form of recovery and calm mind to help this pokemon go for late game sweeps". to be honest i dont use wild charge just a personal thing, also dont say a need on my pokemon , i obviously know your going by standard smogon sets which i try to stay away from sometimes just so i dont be 100% predictable . i dont use icy wind cuz as a specs set i want sure OHKOs and base 55 isnt gonna accomplish that for me. thunderus t isnt a problem for my team since after i know what set it is running i can deal with it accordingly since between celebi ttar and even landorus i can wall it easily. i enjoy criticism (which is obvious) but how about showing me something that i haven't already accounted for :]] (sorry if i sound like a d**k , im really not . im really nicer than i seem if you get to know me :]] )

Last edited:

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
that set is inferior to me these days, sorry. saphirapwns you seem to doubt ttars natural bulk bp from adament banded scizor can only do a max of 97% even with my negative defensive nature besides every scizor i battle always u-turn on a ttar if u bp your a fool since i clearly have jirachi on my team. im not adding flash cannon because i dont have use for it i dont want it 3 attacking the set i have there is just right for this team .. giving my team support as implied when i stated " wish to give my team some form of recovery and calm mind to help this pokemon go for late game sweeps". to be honest i dont use wild charge just a personal thing, also dont say a need on my pokemon , i obviously know your going by standard smogon sets which i try to stay away from sometimes just so i dont be 100% predictable . i dont use icy wind cuz as a specs set i want sure OHKOs and base 55 isnt gonna accomplish that for me. thunderus t isnt a problem for my team since after i know what set it is running i can deal with it accordingly since between celebi ttar and even landorus i can wall it easily. i enjoy criticism (which is obvious) but how about showing me something that i haven't already accounted for :]] (sorry if i sound like a d**k , im really not . im really nicer than i seem if you get to know me :]] )

Thundurus isn't account for though? Once rachis gone, hp ice 1hko landy 2hko celebi focus blast 1hko ttar? please explain how you think it is? The fire fang won't do enough imo to actually take down things that threaten it. thundy t does work in most situations anyway because of excellent coverage. Side note: mamo > stoutland. it may not seem like the best choice right away but i think it benefits in the long run. If you'd test it i think you might like it... sry i missed the wish support part tho. nice team also

Last edited:
hp ice 3hko celebi . i can stall it out with recover then psychic for kill . im going to be totally honest i respect your choices and i see what your saying i understand 100% but at the moment thunderus doesnt bother me atm so i will hold out on swapping mamo in. i use mamo alot trust me , but stoutland is just my revenge killer ,cant drop him

McDanger

Fairly standard, thus pretty solid

wallbreaker lando i manhandles this team, u turn OHKOing celebi, leaving stoutland its only check which can be a pain as the team is mildly rain weak, nothing to big. Without winning the weather war you`re weak to a lot of scarfers like keldeo and dd dragonite. Scarfed rachi seems to be a big threat as it can stop most of stoutlands attacks, while threatening lando, ttar, celebi, and rachi with ice punch, iron head, u turn, and fire punch. Only thing i can suggest really is try latias>celebi as it can handle wall breaker lando better, puts pressure on thunderus, and the opponents team in general

hmmmmm . got a point with the scarf rachi, and latias may be a good addition seeing that it can do the things almost just like celebi , if not better. but i just hate the fact it can be potentially pursuit trapped you know . none the less its worth testing a little bit.

MAde a few alterations to this team of mines , completely change the jirachi set , change the ev spread on the celebi and also changed keldeo hp ice to ghost... if there are any questions/ advice you would love to ask / give me it will be high appreciated and welcomed ..

[Kingdra]

I feel like Terrakion with a Choice Scarf can do Stoutland's job better as it has actual useful STAB and resistances.

Also why put Surf and Hydro Pump on Keldeo? Swap one of them out for Focus Blast.