• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lag-Be-Gone Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3R0

LordHotstuff
Oh Thank God!
Ive Been Waiting For The Page To Come Up But It Takes Like 5 Minutes!!

Hope This Does It

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
To build on my last comment. A good test would be to see how much the new server can hold just after the pokemon sunday announcement. The website will most likely be flooded.

That's good, Serebii. ^^ Lol at how laggy it was just to get to this thread.x3 Anywayz, thanks alot Serebii!

A simple woohoo in response to this!
It will be nice to have some slightly faster response times on both the main site and forums, well, for the next week or so, anyway...

AstralEon

The one and only.
Awesome, no more lag =)

Its been a pest but not much of a threat to me. Every time it lags I just come back later, which eventually makes me forget what I was going to do for later....

Hooray for Serebii.

pikoria

i hope this makes it even a little faster because it takes like 3 minutes just to load sometimes i thought my computer just got slower for some reason

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
A Sppf with-out lag, I havent been here long enough to experence it, and I have gotten along fine with it. Well, a less laggy forum, sounds wonderful. As always, thanks Serebii, you are a great webmaster. [/being a suckup

PokemongreenFTW145

EV Training Noob
HOORAY!! LAG-BE-GONE IS COMING!! I hate the fact it locks up my comp whenever I try to search around the forums. Thank you.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
No that'll still happen as we have 10 bajillion users :p

Over 80,000 last time I checked. And really, can't we just delete old accounts that haven't been active in years? Sure it doesn't look great if we see a dramatic decrease in registered users, but wouldn't that help quite a few things if we get rid of excess clutter?

edit;; damn, over 90,000. Seriously, I bet at least a couple of thousand are permanently inactive accounts.

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Seriously, I bet at least a couple of thousand are permanently inactive accounts.
I bet at least 10,000 are inactive accounts. Yay, lag has decreased! The difference in lagtime now than a few years back is wonderful!!! =] And perfect timing for adding a new server - they'll be mighty full on the 10th regarding the Pokemon Sunday announcement. Thanks a heap! =]

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
That's great!

Less lag=more time to post things ^_^

Bella Swan

Charmander!
Yay this should be good! Thanks Joe for putting your time into this.

And what is this "Sunday announcement" you all speak of? What's happening? ... What's going on?! Where am I?!!

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
This is great Joe ^_^

Nice to see the quicker response times when posting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.