• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lag?

well ive noticed that my pokémon diamond is really quite slow and laggy. well mine is, and i dont know if anyone else's noticed before. It's waaaay slower than ruby or leafgreen, or any of the 1-3 gens. And seeing as all DSs are pretty much the same, i suspect the same of other's games.

have you noticed it?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Its the same for everyone. DP was and is like that because Gamefreak wasn't used to the technology yet and cause they didn't know exactly what framerate and such to give it. If you just got into Pokemon or at least the 4th gen and you got Diamond instead of Platinum then....you're out of luck.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Platinum is way and way faster then Diamond.
And I agree with Neekerisanni123. Before I got Platinum, I didn't even notice it, but when I got Platinum, I saw a big difference...

Tiomasta

Not amused
"Quite slow and laggy"?
I have Platinum and it never lags, and I never find something slow(except when you hit a Blissey, its HP goes down very slowly, but that's not the point).

I've seen in some places that Hearthome lags the game when you run around with the bike. I used my bike, put it on fast then I went in Hearthome.
Didn't notice any difference.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
"Quite slow and laggy"?
I have Platinum and it never lags, and I never find something slow(except when you hit a Blissey, its HP goes down very slowly, but that's not the point).

I've seen in some places that Hearthome lags the game when you run around with the bike. I used my bike, put it on fast then I went in Hearthome.
Didn't notice any difference.
Well no **** sherlock the topic on hand isn't Platinum being laggy. Do you read threads by any chance or do you click that reply button with some skimming beforehand?

iColorfulEevee

Lalalala~✰
I don't notice anything ( because I only have Diamond ) except that whenever I bicycle around somewhere the frames seem a bit choppy.... =___=

randomspot555

well ive noticed that my pokémon diamond is really quite slow and laggy. well mine is, and i dont know if anyone else's noticed before. It's waaaay slower than ruby or leafgreen, or any of the 1-3 gens. And seeing as all DSs are pretty much the same, i suspect the same of other's games.

have you noticed it?

Lag is not "game is slow." That's how it was designed It's supposed to be in comparison to some of the 3rd gens. Lag is when a game takes on an unusual amount of stress. Some N64 multiplayer games start lagging, for example, everyone attacking in close proximity in Smash Bros 64. Nowadays, it's often associated with how well an Internet connection is working and isn't strictly related to gaming either.

Remember you can always turn off battle animations and increase the text speed.

Platinum "fixed" this, with the translator for the series trying to reduce the amount of space dialogue took up, speed it up, and the programmers of the game sped up the Surf speed.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I've never noticed any lag. Even after I got Platinum, diamond seemed the sa--
Oh, wait, no it didn't. I notice that if I run Diamond and Platinum side by side, and have them both do the same thing, at the exact same time, Platinum will finish first.

Its the same for everyone. DP was and is like that because Gamefreak wasn't used to the technology yet and cause they didn't know exactly what framerate and such to give it. If you just got into Pokemon or at least the 4th gen and you got Diamond instead of Platinum then....you're out of luck.

oh okay, i'll bet when i get heartgold/soulsilver there'll be a big difference then.

muumajii23

Ya, when I first took my Pearl version out of the box and played it, I was like "Wow, this is really slow...". You get used to it after a while.

Then I played my Emerald. xD I felt like the ****ing Flash. xD It's really noticeable in battles though.

AstralEon

The one and only.
I don't think it's "lag". I think of lag when the game is going properly and suddenly the game starts to twitch up and everything starts to go frame by frame.

If the game is just slow and steady then it's not lag. Just how the game was designed.

fireperson

advanced trainer
Ive only had lag in my pokemon platinum after i inserted pokemon emerald in the same ds,maybe too much information in the ds?

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Yes DP is slower then the other games from previous Gens, but Platinum is faster.

hello moto

Top of the morning
Then I played my Emerald. xD I felt like the ****ing Flash. xD It's really noticeable in battles though.

Yeah, when i played Emerald again, i got into a battle, looked at my TV screen while pressing A (I knew which move i was using), looked back and saw the battle's already over, in Diamond this would be like the first turn.

Though Platinum is less laggier than Diamond, its "SAVING A LOT OF DATA", is longer than of Diamond.

Kyogre911

now getting tsutaja
d/p was always laggy, i noticed it right away the first time i played diamond, because i was making comparisons 2 the 3rd gen.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Oh I had Diamond for a long time . I didn't noticed the lag all I did notice that the games was kinda slow but when I bought Platinum and played it , I was amazed on how the game was faster than Diamond 0-0 . lol So I compared both games out and really Platinum fixed all the lag Diamond and Pearl had :p

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
When I first played my Diamond, I didn't really realise that the whole game is slow, but I did notice that how slow the surfing speed was. It's really annoying.

Glad that they had fixed this problem in Platinum.

Last edited:

Abysmal Flames

Hmmm. When I first played Diamond, I knew the game was running at frames slower than that of 3rd Gen. But I got used to it. I picked up Platinum about 2 months ago and didn't even notice that GameFreak improved performance. Bulbapedia says that all the GenIV games are 30 FPS. But Pt seems to perform better making me believe that it's false.