• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

LAN parties

For those of you that don't know, a LAN party is a spontaneous, gathering of people with computers, between which they establish a local area network, primarily for the purpose of playing multiplayer video games.

I have only done it once or twice, and there's another one tomorrow. If you have ever been in one, this is a thread to share your experiences. What's your favorite game to play with a LAN party?

To answer my own question, my favorite game would be the original Counterstrike.

Rezzo

Occasionally
I went to an Internet Cafe a few years ago and everybody in there was playing Battlefield 2. That's the closest experience I've had to a LAN party, even though I wasn't part of it.

Bhatman

Chilled Hottie
Yep; almost daily in fact. It's always Counterstrike 8D

atypicalorca

Bird Keeper
My brother used to host LAN parties with his friends to play StarCraft. I'd play, too. :) Good fun.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
LAN parties are a waste of time imo. There is no need in wasting a nights sleep for gaming purposes, as gamers usually play their games all day anyway

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
*SNIP*There is no need in wasting a nights sleep for gaming purposes,
A true Gamer does not let something as insignificant as sleep interrupt his/her playing. I've played RPGs sometimes 2-3 days straight without sleep. :D

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
yup i played Counterstrike with my swim mates.

I am only good in suicide -_-