• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Languages? Lingvoj?

What languages do you speak / are learning?

• Total voters

CheapChap

DIDDY DONUTS!
Minha língua nativa é português but I also speak English ( duh) and I'm learning Spanish.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Spanish was my first language although I did forget most of it for a good while. I basically understood it but barely spoke/read/wrote. I relearned after time from visiting my home country. It's such a fun language and comes in handy everywhere I go.

I learned Italian for nearly 6 years; still say it's the most romantic language around. I'm starting to forget how to write it but can still read and speak. It was definitely worth learning since I got to visit Italy in the end. :'D

I'd love to take on French in college so that's definitely next on my list. It's very likely I'll end up learning it on my next travels. Japanese is also tempting since I still listen to a good chunk of J-Pop. Hindi also seems a very interesting language to learn; I think it's a beautiful lanugage and has an great history behind it.

I can't speak English, I'm an American. >|

I mean.

I speak English. I can speak a fair amount of Latin, French, and German. By which I mean I can swear in all of them.

I speak Dutch (my native language) and English.

I've been studying French for over 6 years now because we have to study it. My country is bilanguar. I still miserably fail at it and I always fail my French tests and exams.

I want to know three languages. I'd like to know Japanese but I'm sure I'll fail so I think I'll study German once I've finished school.

Aksyel

Ya Soshla S Uma
Mi estas lernantas esperantan lingvon kaj hispanan lingvon. Mia esperanto ne estas bone. ;_;

Yo estoy aprendiendo esperanto y español. Mi español no es bien. ;_;

I am learning Esperanto and Spanish. My Esperanto is not good/My Spanish is not good.

Riversong

Buggy down.
-English (first)
-Japanese
-Spanish

My first two years of high school I took Spanish. This year i'm taking online Japanese (it's a new course the school is offering; we can pick whatever language we want.) What's funny is that i've learned more Japanese in these first few months than I have Spanish in two years. I can go at my own pace and take my own notes without having to hurry and keep up; the teacher lets us turn in assignments at any time, so long as it's before the end of the semester. Plus, I can do it at home too.

I want to know three languages. I'd like to know Japanese but I'm sure I'll fail so I think I'll study German once I've finished school.

Once you memorize the Hiragana and Katakana (and Kanji...though I haven't started that), it's not that hard at all. At least, I find it easier than Spanish.

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Why don't you speak American, it's the only language I understand!

Just kidding. Japanese here. Although I haven't learned all that much yet. Well... I know a lot more than the average Hakajin, but I'm nowhere near being fluent. Once I get back into school, though...

Also took Latin in high school up to AP and a 300 course in college. I got lazy and slacked off when I got to AP, but fortunately, the AP exam was mostly about metaphors and stuff, which is just my thing. And in my 300 course, I barely even had to translate. Most of our grades came from writing on the cultural significance of our reading. Also just my thing.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
I've been studying Old English as my second language for a bit over a year now. I'm pretty good at it.

Ic bēo leornende Eald Englisc swā mīne ōðer āgenspræce for medummicelum ofer ān gere, ond ic eom gōd mid hit.

Last edited:

biank-the-raven

Darkness Demon
I can speak English almost as well as my native Romanian, mea amata lingua. I also speak French and a bit of German and Latin.

Romana e cea mai frumoasa limba din lume. :)

Last edited: