1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

laptop touchpad's left-click not working

Discussion in 'Technology Help' started by emeraldellie, Dec 1, 2012.

1. emeraldellie

emeraldellie Δ Staff Member Admin

so while i was changing the names tonight my left-click button on my touchpad was being weird and then stopped working. it doesn't work if you click the button or if you tap the touchpad itself.

the right click works and i can move the cursor with it. i also found a wired mouse and tried that and that works fine so i'm using that for now. i tried enabling and disabling the touchpad, restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers... nothing works.

i'm using windows 7 on a sony vaio if it makes a difference. please help me :(

2. Djura

Djura 99% chance to hit

It might be a problem with the left-click button part of the laptop's motherboard. If so, you should send it into Sony or whoever.

3. P-body

P-body Aperture TestSubject

It might be a problem with the touchpad cable or the touchpad itself. If it is, I suggest you send it to Sony to get it repaired.

4. emeraldellie

emeraldellie Δ Staff Member Admin

yeah, i talked to the tech counter where i work and they said it sounded like an internal problem too. im pretty sure my warranty is up so i really dont want to but it looks like i might have to at this point :/

5. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Ye sure that yer touchpad thing isn't locked? :/ Common problem. If it isn't, did ye try to fix it in the settings? Ye know... the double click thingy.

If none of those work... I saw this in Google, it might work, nya~:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012