• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last book you read and rate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find any threads relating to books, so I decided to make one.
Give the name of the book, the author, and your thoughts about the book. Then rate the book from 1 to 10 (1 meaning that you did not like it, 10 meaning that you loved it.)

Here is mine:

The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill-Mark Bittner
I enjoyed this book because I like birds, especially parrots. I enjoyed Mark's relationship with each parrot. He loved being around the parrots and I admire his strength in taking care of the birds and observing their actions and day-to-day activities.
10/10

Now someone elses turn.

Geist

Great Old One
Storm Front - Jim Butcher 7/10
Alright I guess, but the German translation kills quite a bit of it. That said, I will continue the Dresden Files but probably in English.

trapezechimpanz

Maddigan's Fantasia: 6.5/10
This book sounded really interesting to me when I first read the summary on the inside cover. It sounded original, and just a copy of something magical. Although as I read it, I found it to be very repetitive and there were even typos! (One of the chapter's had the wrong title on the top of every page!) So, I gave it a 6.5 only because it had a good storyline. It would make a better movie.

The Candy Shop War: 9/10
Although I have yet to finish it, this book is amazing. It is very original, thrilling, and "action-y". I've much enjoyed it so far. When I first saw it, I though it looked horrible. But this book is one of my favorites! It didn't get a 10 because the characters could use just a little more character.

Josiah

is your favorite
Flowers for Algernon 3/10 Probably because I knew what would happen and to me the story just got tired and repetitive by the time I was halfway through.

hIrAm

Catalyst; Laurie Halse Anderson
it was a very good book - and I much enjoyed her others, "Prom" and "Speak". this book contained an amazing allegory of chemistry throughout the whole book, each chapter referring back to the metaphor. I won't reveal any plot, because that's as horrid as driving a stake through your foot (imo). but I shall rate...

9/10

duncan

Pendragon: The Lost City of Faar

Well, I'm a pretty big fan of the Pendragon series, so I decided to reread them all again. Interesting plot and tons of twists make this one probably my favorite out of all the others. It was not without loss, and the whole thing felt well put together. The way that two seperate plots were running at the same time also made the book more enjoyable.

9.3|10

Not perfect, but plenty good enough to keep you hooked for the whole ride. Definitely a great read.

HRH (Her Royal Highness) by Danielle Steel
7-8/10
It was good, but she created quite a lot of unoriginal characters.

Renami

Benevolence
Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
6/10
It's inspiring and famous but boring and very old book D=

Chappu

Samurai Pizza Cat
I Am America (And So Can You)
7.5/10

Hilarious. And that's about all you get out of it. Don't read if you don't like/get sattire.

Chelc

Laughter in the Dark by Vladimir Nabokov
8/10 - I was expecting a totally scandalous May-December romance/affair. :p Yeah, it pretty much was or was supposed to be, but it just...wasn't all that interesting. I didn't like the characters as much as I thought I would, either, especially Margot. It was a pretty good read for the most part, though.

Cobalt_Latios

Well, this is a shock for me; I've actually read something. Yeah, I rarely read. Which is particularly amazing, even for me.

Anyways:

Artemis Fowl: The Artic Incident

9.5/10

Friggen great. If you've read the first book, it makes a lot more sense, but it's still a great read if you haven't (they make enough references to the first book anyways). The plot is great, there's a lot of funny moments, and it seems to be written like how a movie work look. In fact, I just made a book talk of it, so I already have a pretty good understanding of what's its about.

~C_L~

Seth_X_of_Fortree

Torterra Firma
Ha, I've read the longest book.

Count of Monte Crisco i mean, Cristo
10/10

Cutty

Forever now
Sea of Trolls - forget the name of the author. 8/10

Viking story is always catchy.

Dark-Angel

~Darkness Prevails~
'A monk Who sold his ferrari'...Its very nice book...and i suggest every one to read it...uhh..rating...9/10

noobiess

6 different pokemon
the cupboard..(a book af the Netherlands):
a telphone conversation between to people about a cupboard!!
really boring:0/10

and now reading a english book about a fairytale..(something about someone called haroun)

Status
Not open for further replies.