• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last book you read and rate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redpanda

Artemis Fowl The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer

8/10

The story line was very good and interesting, but was a little confusing at points. Overall, I really liked it but hated how a character I dislike was 'brought back' as the main villian. A very good book though.

joker0187

my rolfcopter goes..
"the prince and other writings" by niccolo machiavelli

NINJA PENGUIN

The Fall Of Lucifer - Wendy Alec 9/10
Brilliannt description of the First Heaven, Lowest Hell World And The Brotherly Feelings Between Archangel Micheal Gabreil And The Reneade Lucifer (now Satan)

Frigated

Naval warfare geek
Flight of the Old Dog by Dale Brown:

Technothriller about a souped-up B-52 facing off against a Soviet super-laser and its defenses. A very good book for its genre, very exciting and tense, though just a little overtechnical at times.

kyogre king

^he's my hero :)
The Scarlet Pimpernel.
I rate it lame. It was way to goo goo romantic for me. To the point of not even being believable: some dude kissed the footsteps of his wife on some stone stairs, like ten of them, all the way up to the doorway, and where her hand had touched some nearby wall.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

Rate: 10/10

Amy Tan is now of my favorite authors ever. Her writing is so beautiful and moving. The insight into human nature is just amazing. Plus, I seriously broke down and was crying when I reached the end, which, while definitely not hard to do, says something about emotion and truth of this book. I recommend it to everyone. :)

Torpoleon

The Diamond of Darkhold(fourth book of Ember)- Jeanne DuPrau

Rating: 10/10!

This book rocked! Jeanne DuPrau is one of my favorite authors! I hope she writes great books like this.

Babey_blue

Foreva and alwaez...
the goldsmiths daughter by tanya landman
8/10
i enjoyed this book and recommed it to others.

Hawksong by Amelia Atwaters-Rhodes
9.5/10

After re-reading Twilight again, this book was a nice change of pace (even though I already read it). All the descriptions are vivid, the plot is unique, the dialogue is great, and the actions are simple but brilliant. I'm not that good with rating books, but Hawksong (and every book in the Kiesha'ra series) is great. If I had to chose between this series or the Twilight series, I'd go with the Kiesha'ra.

Next up, Snakecharm...

kirby8933083

mai husbando
A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer

9/10

Nothing like a nice book of child abuse. Even though I'm not a fan of books that make you almost want to cry or that just leave you speechless after some parts, I liked this one. I sort of disliked how the book started off with the end of the story and then the rest of the book was just re-cap the events he endured. Just knowing the outcome though made it a bit easier to swallow what he had taken on up to that time. The description of the events was rather well done. I'd recommend this book, you'll be shocked with what this kid's twisted mother had in store for him.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
Running with scissors-Augusten Burroughs 7.5/10

A memoir of a gay man recapturing is obsurd childlife. His humor makes me laugh but some deep details kind of make me cringe. The memoeir informs us of the characters he lived with that were too weird to be made up. Overall, a great memoir that must have taken time to write effectivly. It must be hard recalling a sexual childhood and a crazy mother.

Snakecharm- Amelia Atwater-Rhodes 9/10

It's just as good as Hawksong: great detail, actions, etc. The only problem I had with it was that it was really short (less than 200 pages).

Torpoleon

Pendragon Book 1: The Merchant of Death- D.J. Mac Hale

I give it 10/10! A awesome book and read!

The Dragon's Boy- Jane Yolen

I give this book 6/10. I didn't really understand it and I didn't like it much, but it did fit the criteria for my book report.

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
Lord Of The Flies: 10/10

When school boys go bad and kill each other. The descrption was tedious, but well written.

Romeo and Juliet: 5/10

They can't speak english. (Thy love, thoust) They add extra words (Than that which on thy humor..). It's incredibly noring when your FORCED to read this. They saving grace is what these little pricks deaserve for f***ing with the english language.

Babey_blue

Foreva and alwaez...
hmmm i think the last book i read was breaking dawn.
9/10
i love it and i think the book was a great conclusion to the twilight saga.
=D =D =D

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
The Children of Hurin - J.R.R. Tolkien (edited by Christopher Tolkien)

9.2/10.0

I could definitely see some Shakespearian influence in here. The way it was worded was amazing, and the only really thing missing was some little details. A little bit of it seemed like a summary of some of the events, but it was in-depth detail during the other bits. The artwork was also fantastic, really up to par with other illustrations from Tolkien works. It was amazingly thought out, though there was quite a bit of name-changing going on (you'll learn to understand it once you read it). It ended with two suicides and two murders. What can you expect?

Wolfcry: 9.5/10
Great, like her other books. It's just a little confusing, as well short.

Atticus

Ham on rye by Charles Bukowski.
Amazing book. Imagine catcher in the rye but harder, grittier, for adults.

Lullaby by Chuck Palhniuk
Also great. Entertaining, funny at times, and easy to read. I also suggest Choke by this same author. He also wrote fight club which is pretty good but I really suggest lullaby above all others. *warning* palahnuik is accused of putting some things in his books just to shock people.

Filth by Irvine welsh
Hilarious, entertaing read. Subject matter is a bit adult. (drugs, sex, murder) the protagonist is a police officer after all. The Scottish accent it's written in is a bit hard to get used too but after 30 or so pages it's fun to read.

House of Leaves by *forget the author* ha
Very trippy book. It will actually pull you into reading it. If ever there's a book that actively forces the reader to interact (somewhat) in the subject matter. Very cool but not to be taken lightly.

That's it LOL. I read a lot :/

Status
Not open for further replies.