• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last book you read and rate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchee

extra toasty
Uh... Death Note, Volume Five xD Does that count? I give it 10/10, I love the series and the artwork is amazing.

To Kill a Mockingbird. I give it a 10/10 as well. It's such a simple book with characters that are so easy to enjoy and like. One thing I really enjoyed was that it was written back when most people were racist still and that Harper Lee didn't leave out anything that would be considered unapropriate to her audience. My English class read it and I was one of the ones who read ahead and finished before everyone xP

BA~~

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Lady Friday, 5th book in the keys to the kingdom by Garth Nix.
7/10 Same as the other.
Brisingr - 7.5/10

The book was insanely large and dragged a lot in the middle, but it kept the action, excitement, and unexpected twists up. The ending was somewhat heartbreaking but good and just leaves fans wanting more.

WHAT?! It was way better than that!

Terachi-San

Shaymay <3
Jurassic Park - Michael Crichton

8/10

The details were awesome but there were some parts that just didn't seem necessary in the book at all. Most were minor details which had no reason to be there. Overall though, the book was great. Wish they put more of the actual book in the movie.

Mariku -- kitten

Toshiya lover<3
Needful Things by Stephen King 7/10.

I'm an avid Stephen King fan, and this book was pretty good, although it had a forced, choppy feel that I don't normally see in his work. The character developement was a little lacking as well.

Atticus

I read a few posts back and for those reading "the outsiders" I suggest "that was then this is now" by the same author. It's my favorite of S.E. Hinton's books. Hopefully it could be yours too.

Riversong

Buggy down.
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck 9/10.

We had to read it in class. I thought it was very good, especially the foreshadowing with the dog and Lennie. The ending is sad, but the last line was stupid. Hence why it's not a 10/10.

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Percy Jackson and the Olympians----The Sea of Monsters
8/10

This book is pretty good, it would be better if more gods had appeared....

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Sheep
7/10

The begining and middle part is good,but the ending totally suck....

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Primeval:Shadow of the jaguar.
10/10
Cool plot, interesting ending...

CrystalSaurTower

A Great and Terrible Beauty

8.5/10

It's about this girl in the late 1800s that moves to this all-girls boarding school in England after her mother commits suicide to avoid being killed by a shadow monster, where she makes trains to become a lady of etiquette, make friends, and travel to this other dimension from time to time.

It really sticks to the peroid as in how the characters act, and speak, and expect others to (back when words like genuflect were common ilk), and I guess that's what really got me hooked since it's so different from my usual tastes. The better half of the book focuses as Gemma enters the school, meets the other protaganists and really focuses on the essence of the time. It turns out later on she has these mystical visions, and can enter this other world called "The Realms" where this orginization named "The Order", previously stationed at the school, used to govern it before being mysertiously dispersed.

Gemma eventually gets this diary that she reads bit by bit that recalls two other girls experiences at the school and of "The Realms". Since it's all written in first person, Gemma slowl unravels the mysteries of her school while mingiling with the decadence of the time making for a really leisurely read. The plot's no Harry Potter, but for a similar book of colleges and magic, Libba Bray makes a distinct world from Rowlings.

While the main character can feel somewhat soulless at times, and the ending was rushed waay too fast, it was a refreshing read, and I definately reccomend it to anyone who wants a change of pace.

The Theif

8.5/10

The book was very detailed and such, but I found it hard to keep track of the many gods. And the ending felt rushed and... lacking.

Phantom of the Opera

9/10

There were times in which I kinda zoned out of parts because of the confusing dialogue. Overall, very good and romantic.=)

Firehawk10590

Never lost a randbat
The Trial, by Franz Kafka. I had to read it again for AP. 9/10 because I've already read it 5 times or so.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
Blindness - Jose Saramago
9/10 because it really makes you think, and the style of writing is INTENSE

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Nothing to Fear

Just a book I read for homework. It took place in the Depression, and was actually a rather good read. Not anything epic, but it wasn't boring. 6.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.