• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last book you read and rate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seveguy

Flowers in the Attic
V.C. Andrews
10/10 (My favorite book)

I have read this book before, and it always mesmerizes you. I can read the first chapter over and over again and not get bored. The author got so into this book that she put herself through what the characters went through in the book just to get a better idea on what she was writing about. It has the perfect amount of pages, it is not too long nor short. I would recommend this book to anyone. It ties with The Stand as my favorite book. It was followed by three sequels and a prequel, and none of them disappoint. If you read this book it will change you.

The Dead Zone
Stephen King
4.5/10 (Not his best work)

After reading like ten other Stephen King novels, this one is really poor. This isn't my least favorite Stephen King book (Christine takes that title) but it wasn't very him. This book isn't very out there and I think will surely become an unknown Stephen King book about fifty years down the road when he achieves that "immortal author" status. It just doesn't have that same scary feeling you get when you read them at night. I was terrified of The Shining and IT and even Carrie.

Wuthering Heights
Emily Bronte
8/10 (The beginning is hard to understand though)

I had this list for summer reading and this was on it. When of my friends said it was one of her favorite books, so I gave it a whirl. It was hard to understand, but towards the middle, it got really good and the last third of the book really intrigues me. After I finished it, I would give it maybe it six out of ten. However, I reread the first five chapters, and immediately the whole book just clicked. Now I can see why this is a classic.

The Exorcist
William Peter Blatty
7.5/10 (A case where the movie is better than the book)

I watched the movie first and there was a lot of stuff I didn't understand so I decided to read the book. After I read the book, I thought it was good, and it made the movie a whole lot better too. Even better than the book, which came out first.

Last edited:

pidge14

Head Case
Choke-Chuck Palahniuk
9.5/10
do graphic novels count? Watchmen-Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons 10/10
more realistic superheroes in our day and age. def read this. it is excellent

mew801

Breaking Dawn 10/10!!
Stephanie Meyer
possible the best book i have ever read. i am totally in love with edward cullen!!

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
OP center by Somthing Clancy 9 out of ten

It was good but not great

Charizard's Flame

Bibliophilist
Starlight by Erin Hunter: 7/10

It's a good series, but it's very overrated. I like it anyway, typically because I love animals.

-Vulpix-

Cynder Kiryah
The last book I read is Eragon and I'm still reading it. I forgot the who the author is. The book is pretty good 10/10 I got the second book Eldest which I'll read after I read Eragon and I'm getting Brisingr(Not sure if it is spelled right) sometime this year. I'm also reading chronicles of Narnia and several other books.

The last book I read is Eragon and I'm still reading it. I forgot the who the author is. The book is pretty good 10/10 I got the second book Eldest which I'll read after I read Eragon and I'm getting Brisingr(Not sure if it is spelled right) sometime this year. I'm also reading chronicles of Narnia and several other books.
Christopher Paolini. XD And yeah, I think the books are pretty decent. I'm going to go reread Eragon and Eldest before I buy Brisngr.

Cutty

Forever now
Running with Scissors 8 / 10.

Well, it's a memoir book, although some parts of the book sound not real. It's still enjoyable nevertheless.

Glajummy

Why so S E R I O U S
Brisingr: 8/10

Paolini has made obvious improvements from Eragon, but he's still quite not there. The books are still a little to centered around Eragon even though scenes change a lot.

Crystal Mew

Gym Leader
The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons

9/10

It has a very good story, and I liked it alot. Though I do not recommend it for people under 18 because its really for adults and it has very mature scenes in it. I need to get the time to go see if I can find the sequel now..

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Titanicus by Dan Abnett
9/10
Well pretty much everything written by Abnett gives me a huge raging stiffie, but specifically I loved the way the Titan engagements were made out, like singular warriors traversing massive battlefields on the look out for one another, I'd never thought of Titan skirmishes before, only open warfare. I also loved some of the more minor characters like Zink who was awesome.
Also the way the revalation was made out as fully true and then thrust back into the realms of uncertainty was awesome (Even though unnecesary because everyone knows the Omnissiah is the Void Dragon anyway)

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code - Eoin Colfer
Rating: 9/10

Best out of the first three I've read, IMO.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
Hoot by Carl Hiaasen

9.6/10

I thought the book was interesting. I love how it takes place in Florida, my favorite state.

Cobalt_Latios

Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code - Eoin Colfer
Rating: 9/10

Best out of the first three I've read, IMO.
I'm still in the process of reading it. I think I'm nearing the halfway point though...

~C_L~

defno

I'm still in the process of reading it. I think I'm nearing the halfway point though...

~C_L~
I liked the first one and the lost colony the best, the time paradox was dissapointing to me.

The Book Of Names
8/10, a decent ending

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Bourne Supremacy- 10/10

I saw the movie, but I wanted to read the book.
Very good book.

Johnny Tremain- 7.5/10

Not as bad as I thought it would be, but books taking place in depressing, prehistoric times (1700's) don't usually appeal to me too much. It was alright, no cigar.

Mysty

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell: Tucker Max

7/10

My god this guy is such a dirty womanizer but I can't help but laugh my bum off at the horrible things this guy has pulled.

Beowulf- 8/10

It's a really nice story. The story, in my opinion, is one of the best one's I've read so far. Also, having a vague description of Grendel allowed me to imagine how he might have looked like...until I saw the Beowulf movie that came out last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.