• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last book you read and rate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTYL by Lauren Myracle
9/10

It was this book that got me to be a fan of Mrs. Myracle's writing. This book is very unique - it's written entirely in instant messages, yet it tells a very clear storyline. I have yet to read it's sequals - TTFN and L8r G8r, but i'm sure they will be good as well.

I reccomend this book to older readers though, as there is swearing and mature themes in it.

rekreatur

"Med Gorami" by Ivan Tavčar.
1/10

It was a book I had to read for school, which pretty much explains why it failed. I wasn't even paying attention tbh.

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Diary of a Whimpy Kid: The Last Straw
10/10
This book is soooo funny! Can't wait for the next book to come out!

Kreis

Still Dirrty
To Kill A Mocking Bird
9/10
Very enjoyable, hooked me since the beginning.

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
The Titan's Curse
----------------By Rick Riordan
10/10
The story is fantastic, and the adventure is exciting since the begining.
Also all 12 Olmpians and Titan Atlas appeared! Hurray for gods!
Next stop: The Battle of Labyrinth---Book 4

Last edited:

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Im reading the eye of the moon now and its intense.
I finished invisible city. Just had to erase his memory :(

zipzap713

@Peteyism
Lord of the Flies

This is an odd book. Yeah, it was gruesome and bizzare, but I thought it was fairly interesting. Very different from the usual school book.

8/10

Plato

Well, first theres twilight. 0/10 nuff said. Then there was 2001: a space oddysey and it was awsome! The cavman part at the beginning was cool too 9.5/10

Plato

Watchmen!!!

Watchmen by Alan Moore (Illustrated by Dave Gibbons)

10/10

Re-read the Watchman Graphic novel in one sitting, damn I'm cramped, but damn it was good.

YEAH!!! WATCHMEN!!! RORSCHACH ALL THA WAY!!!

*SPOILERS ALERRRRRT*

RORSCHACH=GREASE STREAK!! MUAhAHA!

^ if you're going to spoil something, use a spoiler tag.

Rhymes With Witches by Lauren Myracle
8/10

Although the storyline has been recycled a bit (unpopular girl wants to be popular, yadda yadda yadda), the author put a bit of a twist on it by having a few harsh requirments that come with being in this "popular" group. It got a bit eerie at some parts, and the ending coul have been done better, but a good read in the long run.

NPC

sleep researcher
The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway

It's somewhat ridiculous to criticize this book at this point, I guess. I've always liked Hemingway's prose and the novel is only fully understood if you have considerable background knowledge of what is going on with the world at the time of the story, but if you can explore the glacier beyond the (entertaining, well-presented) tip, a whole new book opens up. But that's Hemingway. And I'm not gonna give it a numerical rating, what the hell.

Gonna get started on a series of stories by Julio Cortázar now. Possibly my favorite Spanish author.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
The Great Gatsby
9/10

I read this in my English class. I like how the characters are excellently fleshed-out and the symbolism that's put in (eg. the green light meaning hope), but I didn't like that it was short.

it all started with eevee

eevee's so pimpin :]
Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

It's really dark, about a girl who gets kidnapped when she's ten and for the next five years is raped by him a lot and lives kind of like a slave; and she's growing up and is afraid of what he'll do with her when he realizes she's no longer a child and is going through puberty.
I started it yesterday afternoon, and I finished it this morning (it's so short! 170 pages) and I seriously couldn't put it down throughout reading it (Not very great for History [where I finished it])
OMG it was sooo good! She was so cruel towards the end, and her ultimate choice made me happy. I would have cried..if I hadn't been in school :p
Overall, I LOVED the book in general, especially the ending. It's going on my list of favorites.

10/10

But it definitely needs a MATURE rating. Not family friendly at all.

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Inkspell by Cornilia Funke 8/10

For some reason this series I don't enjoy as much as others, or a least the first book made me fell like it. But Funke did a great job with this one. Finally they go into the book! And the ending, incredible! I was almost crying.

Desert_Rose

Amour toujours gagne
^I read that book recently. It was really good. (Inkdeath was a little bit of a let down, though. It just went on forever..)

Dreamhunter by Elizabeth Knox
9/10

AMAZING book. It has an extremely original story idea and good characters to boot. I just read it for a second time and now I'm re-reading it's concluding sequel Dreamquake, which is a 10/10. These two books are up there on a level near Harry Potter and Twilight, in my opinion.

Blk Charizard

♥ ☻ ♥ ☻ ♥ ☻ ♥
Book: The Elder Gods
Author: David & Leigh Eddings
I read it once but I finished it in no time so I decided to re-read it. A great book, I loved it.
9/10

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Book: The battle of labyrinth
Author: Rick Riordan
10/10
Finally finished this book,and it was awesome. Can't wait til the next one comes out...

it all started with eevee

eevee's so pimpin :]
Bliss by Lauren Myracle (the same author of ttyl and l8er g8er and stuff).
It was okay, but the ending reminded me of another book. It took me a while to think of what it was, but then I realized it was Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher, which is our school's "One Book One School" this year.
mmm... 6/10 I think. Bliss was way too nice, and I guess it just wasn't my type of book. I did like the racism thread through it, and the cult thing, but maybe the high school aspect repelled me.

By the way, if you decide to read it, it takes place in 1969 - 1970, which I couldn't figure out until like halfway through.

Haunted - Chuck Palahniuk
Bloody freaking amazing. It was brilliantly twisted and morbid, but I expected nothing less from Palahniuk. Every individual story was memorable and interesting. And his writing style is gorgeous and unique. My only complaint is that the actual main plot of the book seemed to drag a bit until it got near the end and some of the stories actually tied into what was happening to the characters. But still, it didn't detract from the reading at all, because, for the most part, I could never put it down.

All in all, I give it a 9.5/10. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.