• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last Call, First Round! (642)

Linkdarkside

Kenny probably got his Prinplup evolved recently and had no time to see Empoleon extend of power.

yeah Dawn had the best performance ,the second best was Ulsula.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
I just cannot stop laughing at how Kenny messed up on the GRAD FESTIVAL. This guy was always annoying and felt like the least skilled coordinator but this just proves it. This is the biggest event in a coordinator's life, and the appeal's stage is arguably the hardest part.

He went in there with a routine that wasn't totally mastered. What was he doing earlier? Goofing off while Dawn was training. I'm glad that he didn't make it past the 1st round, his messing up shows how much he isn't serious about this. I'll bet everyone else practiced their routines until they could do it in they're sleep. There are also those who couldn't get it down completely but did the smart thing and try something they could do. He was very irresponsible.

Something else I just wanna mentioned, Dawn's house. Wow, never noticed how huge it was, it's way bigger than Ash's house or any of his friends places.

Rebeccag

Good start disapointed that Kenny didnt make it though but you always need a shock. Ursula evolving her eevees was pretty cool and I loved Dawns appeal pretty unique. Also glad to see Jessie make it through as well. Now this is when things get intresting....

AstralEon

The one and only.
And the Grand Festival begins. (Yea I’m a bit late, but I saved my critics and opinions for the end of the Grand Festivals)

I love watching an episode featuring all the main character into one half time episode show. It makes the episode seem much longer and worthwhile.

Found it funny how Gibles Draco Meteor hit Kenny instead of Piplup this time. That fab of Gibles gets a little annoying when being used on Piplup most of the time.

Hooray for Fantina on assisting in the grand festival judging. Her critics makes things much more enjoyable and not with the same dull routine with Contesta, Sukizo, and Nurse Joy. But wait, we got three Nurse Joy's for this contest and they are from the Hoenn region.

Now for the appeals.

First off, we got Ursula. Ursulas was very impressive. A very unique style on using evolution to show off Eevee's power. It was a risky move as there was no turning back; risky but effective. In a more personal relevancy, I did not like her technique. I'm a big fan over Eevee and something like this is just an abuse over Eevee and their evolution...

Second up is Nando. His appeal wasn't much of a sight to see. Music and music notes is cool and all but sticking with just one method makes his appeals stale. I just hope his battling skills are better than his performance.

Third, it was Jessie. Her appeal was Ok, I guess. She puts much more effort on showing off her style than her Pokemon. Her change in clothing looks much better though, I guess.

Fourth is Zoey. Zoey's appeal was decent. Nice use of Aqua Rings. I would like to stand on water too.... that’s pretty much it.

Fifth is Kenny. Kenny's attempt in a new fusion technique turned out to be a dud. He was more focused on power which backfired on him. It seemed like Kenny didn't put much time in practicing with that new move of his.

Last we got Dawn. Her appeal was pretty cool... figuratively, so to speak. Would be awesome to ride an ice rollercoaster. I still don't get out Buneary was able to incase herself in an ice ball. I guess that Smokescreen of Cyndaquils has something to do with it.

In the end, Kenny, out of the main group, was the only person to be eliminated in the first round. I can see why too. His fusion technique didn't go so well. And these are the grand festival contests we're talking about too. One small mistake and you're out.

Overall, I give it a 7.5/10. Onwards to the second half.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Ursula delivered the best performance in the appeal round. Evolving both of her Pokemon during the appeal round. I mean how cool is that, moreso it was a one shot thing - there was no scope for her to practice for that kind of performance beforehand, and if she messed up she would have failed big time. But in the end, she was confident about it and pulled it off perfectly. 10/10*

Tough break for Kenny though, as he had been knocked out from the GF. Not that it matters anyway, but still.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Dawn's performance was the best..... I would rate it first

Oh my God, they killed Kenny!!

You b******s!

-Among the normal people in the party...there's a witch! BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!

Hey, yeah, I noticed that too!

Finally were at the GF! It felt like it was never going to get here!

This episode was awesome because of all the appearances of old friends (Kenny, Nando, Zoey, (I'm not counting Jessilina because we see her (as Jessie) in every single episode)), and foes (Ursula). Even though Ursula is counted as a foe, It was still awesome to see her again. It seems she still has Gabite. I actually hope hers dosen't evolve, though, her Gabite is too awesome! Not that I don't like Garchomp.

"Awesome" count: 3

Hey, Blaziken/Scpeptile appearance! Didn't think we would see those two Pokemon ever again!

Kenny - It seems Kenny evolved his Prinplup and ruined the past chain of Piplup (Dawn), Prinplup (Kenny) and Empoleon (Barry). Since when does Kenny have a Floatzel? Did we ever see him with a Buizel in a past episode?
Shame he lost in the appeal round, though.

Nando - Ya know, If he'd have used his Roserade for this appeal (assuming his Roselia did evolve in the time we didn't see him), to me, it probably would've been a bit more interesting. Yeah, the appeal he did? Kind of boring with the whole singing-to-make-musical-notes-to-wow-the-audience appeal.

Zoey - A lot better than Kennys and Nandos appeals, in my opinion. Apparently Zoey and her Pokemon are Jesus! We have just witnessed the second coming, ladies and gentlemen. And in anime form to boot! Cool to see see that her Finneon and Shellos have evolved now. You know, seeing Gastrodon in the anime makes me think of it cry in DPPt.

Ursula -She definitley had the most interesting appeal of them all. Evolving her two Eevees on the spot. Talk about thinking on your feet! Well, maybe she planned to do it before hand, but it's awesome that she was able to pull off!

Jessilina (Jessie) - I must've not been paying close enough attention to hers because as I write/type this, I now don't really remember it all too vividly. And I just watched this episode today!

And last but not least...

Dawn - Better than Kennys and Nandos, but not as good as Zoeys. It was neat to see Buneary make a whole freaking Ice roller coaster, but it seems to me that Dawn always does ice appeals for almost every contest she's in.

On to round two of the Grand Festival!

Edit: totally forgot to mention someone! Fantina!
We haven't seen her for so long!

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was disappointing to see that Kenny didn't make it through the 1st round. Kenny's appeal with Whirpool and Razor Wind was cool, but unfortunately Floatzel got hurt during the appeal. Zoey, Jessie, Dawn, Ursula and Nando's appeals were all great. It was unique to see Ursula's appeal where she evolved her 2 Eevees with Elemental Stones during the Appeal. Nando's appeal with Altaria and Kricketune's Sing looked and sounded so beautiful. Dawn's appeal was incredible and the best of the day, in my opinion.

89/100

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
I thought that Ursula's appeal was the only good appeal with Dawn's being the only one that comes close in terms of how nice it looked. Her use of the the evolutionary stones were unique and I was surprised when I saw it at first. Kenny being eliminated so early was a surprise but it just cemented how useless he's been throughout most of Sinnoh. Zoey's and Nando's were pretty weak to be honest especially the former. The CGI was bearable in this episode though so that's a plus.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I was definitely happy to see Jessie participating in the Grand Festival for the first time. It was such a nice break after she failed to get any ribbons the first two regions. Great appeal from her, too. At least Team Rocket always getting their disguises blown off came in handy for an idea. :) LOL I also like Kenny's reaction to Dawn having no problem with him calling her "DeeDee" anymore. Too bad Kenny blew it in the first round, though.

8/10

p96822

Evolve me please
This episode was really slow pace here and really could have been better then this. The charaters were very boring and hardly showed any personally. They should have more time for the appeals looking like they were super high level. Dawn's performance was really good and appealing to me as the two Pokemon looked like they were having so much fun. Urusala's performance was the most instressing for being the first time that we see Eevee evolve on screen. Zoey's and Nando's could have done a little bit better if we had more time thinking up appeals that looks really cool for the charaters. Kenny could have stayed and wacthed Dawn contest battle, but it's just like alot of rivals doing that. He could have helped with Gible's Draco Meoteor promblem or something. I'll give this episode a 5/10. If it wasn't so slow with it pacing and charater showed a little bit more personally it would got a better score here.

NPT

Just a member
In this episode the grand festival begins. I didn't like Kenny poking Dawn's cheek and calling her Dee Dee dear, he was really dumb. I liked the part where Zoey was brushing Dawn's hair and and told her to stay clam to make her less nervous about the Grand Festival. It's nice when Zoey was brushing Dawn's hair and she blushed.
In my opinion, Dawn and Ursula's grand festival performace were the best. Their GF outfits were the best too, both of them were looking great. Kenny didn't make it to the second round ..... I guess he didn't practiced his Contest appeal before performing it in grand festival. I LOL'd at scene where he got hit by Gible's Draco Meteor.

Last edited:

JudySpell

Banned
Woozers Kenny failed the first appeal round which I wasn't expecting. For being such a prominent Dawn rival I thought he'd make it further in the Sinnoh GF. 6/10

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I was sad and shocked that Kenny lost the first round. But the performances here were amazing especially the frozen pokeball Dawn made with ice beam and Cyndaquil on top with Fire wings was awesome.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved seeing Ursula, Kenny, Nando and Zoey at the Grand Festival, plus Ursula's evolution appeal was magnificent hee hee. I was sad for Kenny however and it's too bad how he didn't pass the appeal round. :[

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poor Kenny he seemed really disapointed..but this is the grand festival... I'd be disapointed to eliminated from the first round. but he's looking up and carrying on.

Kengo's sudden elimination felt as though it was done just to give Hikari less opponents in this Grand Festival, which is lazy writing if true. Kengo deserved better.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I loved Jessie's appeal. I thought it was unique, something only she would have come up with. The whole Haze thing was a bit bland, but the Silver Wind combo that tore her clothes off was amazing. <3

Shayuin

Banned
Finally, the arrival of the Grand Festival. Well, we saw quite a few recurring characters return: Nando, Kenny, Zoey, and Ursula. Of all the appeals, Ursula's and Jessie's was my least favorite.