• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last Call, First Round! (642)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was actually mildly surprised that Musashi passed the Appeal segment of the Grand Festival, because she once again made the mistake of making her Appeal more about her than her Pokemon.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I was surprised that Kenny was eliminated so fast, especially after being gone for so long. Oh well, he was probably the weakest and the least developed rival.

Vulpicks

It's really satisfying to finally see all the contest rivals meet each other!

But oh my goodness that was brutal, I didn't expect Kenny to get eliminated right from the beginning. I don't even really like the kid, but yikes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kengo failing to pass the Appeal round seemed harsh at first, but then again it kind of showed us that even skilled Coordinators had to impress the judges greatly in order to make it into the Grand Festival's main event, and Kengo's Appeal wasn't that amazing.

Daizy

I call you honey
I liked how this time Jessie actually used her Pokemon's attacks to make a beautiful performance. And wow at how Ursula threw the Fire Stone and Water Stone to evolve her two Eevee into Flareon and Vaporeon.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Ahhhh it’s finally here! The Grand Festival is THEEE main event of Dawn’s journey; very much looking forward to this 4-parter (which is an appropriate episode count, I love that it’s given so much attention).

Seeing everyone meet up and interact was really nice, and again felt like everything Dawn had been through coming full circle. Dawn thanking her Pokémon and Ash/Brock for everything just further hammered that home.

Dawn’s Grand Festival look is gorgeous omg. In 10+ years it still hasn’t been topped; the Rococo princess dress and hairstyle is such a slay. She really came and showed everyone else up; that’s what you do when you’re the best Pokégirl o_O

Ursula’s double evolution appeal was iconic and unique. I love Contests because really only here can you see performances like this. Nando’s was pretty but par the course for him, and Jessie’s was very…..distinctive. The second dress was camp I have to say. Kenny’s was technically good until the end but I was bored by it. Felt a bit amateur for the Grand Festival. Zoey’s water appeal was beautiful and impressive, as expected of her.

Dawn however…..her appeal was absolutely the greatest performance in both Contests AND Showcases; absolutely tops anything in any kind of competition even slightly like this. Like are we seeing this? Buneary having so much control over Ice Beam that she creates a huge, twisting slide, making use of the entire arena? Cyndaquil highlighting the ice by using Flame Wheel and creating a path for Buneary to ride on? Smokescreen obscuring but then eventually revealing Buneary inside that meticulously made ice Pokéball with Cyndaquil’s fire looking like wings??? This is a Top Coordinator level performance. Truly was art, like the episode is titled. I would’ve given her the trophy right then and there, like everyone else go home!

Kenny not making it past the first round and leaving was tough, but that’s how it is. I can see how this leads to his last episode later on. I quite like him and Dawn’s relationship, at least by this point, so I thought their moment at the end was nice and cute.