• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last Names?

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
ok, now we know that Ash's last name is Ketchum, and Gary's is Oak, but have any other characters last names been said?

Desert Flower

Sandstorm Trainer
None of the main characters at least. And I doubt there's any minor characters with surnames. Needless information.

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
im surprised u cant find mays considering i thought they would give out gym leaders so u could know her fathers

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
Just the mentioned and Tracey Sketchit.

scizor08

Back here. >.<
Looks like he just make it up..

uber gon

Accept Change
Darn, that stinks.

Well there's the whole "Waterflower" business.

Rooreelooo

Most people are willing to accept Waterflower as Misty's surname, because of that episode. Heck, I didn't even realise it was non-canon 'til this thread.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Eric Stuart said that Brock's last name is Harrison, but I don't think he was ever involved with writing...but then, I think he *was* involved with directing.

There's also Jon Dickson, winner of the Johto tournament and named after someone at 4Kids...also Dee Dunstan, *also* named after someone at 4Kids.

There's also Felina Ivy and the rest of the professors, although I think she and Oak are the only ones to get *first* names.

And let's not forget the Hales from movie 3, and Mr White from movie 4.

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
Brock Harrison? ok then...i thoght it was Stone.:p
well ok, thanks for sharing your knowledge. but yeah, i guess it is needless info.

I don't think the characters need last names, they're less linked and more unique that way.

Plus you just KNOW the dubbers would run out of names and we'd start to get really cheesy rubbish names.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Why would it be the dubbers any more than if they started giving more surnames in Japanese?

Geodude

"The Water Flowers" was two words. It obviously wasn't her last name.

Nobody's mentioned that a key one-shot character in each of the last two movies was given both a first and last name, both in English and Japanese: Kid Summers and Jack(ie) Walker.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I was thinking that the Japanese would probably come up with cool surnames for the characters, albeit unneeded, whereas the dubbed would be horrible and we'd wish they'd never came up with them.

Well, that's a pretty big double standard, isn't it?

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
Though Brock is no doubt NOT Brock Stone, there IS Steven Stone and Mr. Stone, the Hoenn champion and the president of the Devon corporation, though I'm sure you would already know that.
oh yeah...forgot them. i really have no idea where i got that....0_0

Yeah, forgot about that one. How lame. Ketchum, Sketchit..
yeah. they seriously need more imagination XD