• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last pokemon needed for Ruby

Which water type to be used

• Azumarill

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Miltolic

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Wailord

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Walrein

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Hey I'm re-setting on my Ruby version however I've yet to decide on a water type pokemon to complete my team. I'm deciding between:
Miltolic/Walrein/Azumarill/Wailord. I can breed for them and transfer the egg, its just a matter of finding my 2 GBA's and making the link work.

Here are there pro's and cons.

Miltolic:
- Pros: Nice bulky water type and good moveset and fairly quick to train.
-Con's: Bugger to evolve

Walrein
- Pro's: Walling type of pokemon, dual type and starts looking cute
- Con's: doesn't level up quickly

Azumarill
- Pro's: High attack, Looks cute and nice to train
- Con's: Erm not to sure really erm low movepool, Needs Sub

Wailord
- Pro's: Never used before, high HP, can rest
- Con's: Never used before, is apprently difficult to level up.

Here are the Move sets to be used if I do use them:

Miltolic:
Bold
Dragonbreathe
Surf
Ice beam
Recover

Walrein:
Bold
Amesia
Rest
Surf
Ice beam

From the Ingame moveset's
Azumarill @ Leftovers
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
Substitute
Focus Punch
Surf/Ice Beam
Encore/Sing

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Brave Nature (+atk, -Spd)
- Double-Edge/Return
- Dynamicpunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Here is the rest of my planned team:

Blaziken
Jolly
Bulk up
Rock Slide
Flamethrower
Sky Uppercut

Gardevoir
Timid
Will O Wisp
Psychic
Calm mind
Thunderbolt

Cacturne
Modest
Needle Arm
Leech Seed
Spikes
Thunderpunch or Faint attack

Flygon
Naughty/Jolly/Rash - Going for a Lonely natured one instead. Same moveset though it'll be good enough ingame.
Flamethrower
Dragonclaw/breathe
Earthquake
Faint attack

Dont critise the MS I used this the first time I went round Emerald and it worked loads.

Manetric
Timid/Modest
Thunderbolt
Crunch
Thunderwave
Thief

NO HIDDEN POWER or EV's please thank you and please remember its only ingame.
Reasons for limiting pokemon: I'm not using Sharpdeo and Crawduant because Cacturne is part dark. Whiscash because Flygon is part ground, Tentacruel because i dont really like it and is orginally from Kanto region, Starmie because of the lack of stones around. Golduck because it too was orginally an Kanto pokemon. Gorbyss/Huntail/Kingdra - I have a dodgey connection so dont want to use it when I dont need to. Corsola because it was orginally an Johto
pokemon. Lanturn because i have my electric pokemon covered by Manetric. Kyouge is not in Ruby.

In short I want an all round Hoenn team without doubling over my covered types as it'll leave me open to more weaknesses.

Last edited:

alli940

I can see you
yay first post
well i would say milotic
and it isnt that hard to max out beaty. just take 10 minutes in the pokéblock maker with the right berries

If I were to use Milotic, I would get a modest one so it would evolve easier. Also, it's probably better in-game than bold anyway. Recover is a helpful move that distinguishes it from the others.

What makes Wailord special is that he has a high enough attack stat to use Earthquake, but you already have it on your Flygon so you may as well use something with higher special attack.

Walrein gets stab on both Surf and Ice Beam which is pretty cool.

I wouldn't bother with Azumarril.

It's up to you which one you use.There isn't really any "best" one out of those.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Anyone else want to vote

Miltolic is winning at the moment by 2 votes, Wailord has 1 vote and Walrein and Azumarill have 0 votes

Saberu

Walrein!

Why?

It looks cool, it's part ice, and it reminds me of my favorite song!

I say have ice beam and surf on it. Covers fire and grass.

Azumarill is just weird. It sounds like crystal falling on glass pipes.

What's with all the hating of blaziken recently?

Go with Walrein imo. I would value dual STAB higher than the ablity to use a recovery move when you can just use potions for recovery. And although Milotic is more useful against Steven, it's not like you shouldn't be able to beat him without it anyway.

[jokereply]Go with Wailord, for the optimal Wailord get one bred with a Skitty.[/jokereply]

Meh, I'd opt for Walrein.

Dartsa

Vaugeness
Im training a Walrein and although it lacks speed, anything super effective is a 1HKO. So, Wlarein

M4zz

Banned
I would chose milotic. Get a modest one, and a s***load of wiki berries. After maxing out beauty, level it up once.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Miltolic - 7
Walrein - 4
Wailord - 3
Azumarill - 2

Everyone loves Miltolic around here

yiazmat

The ultimate terror
u should give milotic hydro pump and trash surf.

Undead_soul

What's the matter?
I have a Milotic and i suggest you should go with Milotic. has high HP and good speacial attack.

Go for Milotic.

Miltolic - 7
Walrein - 4
Wailord - 3
Azumarill - 2

Everyone loves Miltolic around here

You really just need to be more decisive and make up your mind about which one to use, rather than questioning the whole forum. This poll is two weeks old, and you're still getting answers. Milotic isn't necessarily better than the other options, but people have personal bias towards it.

the_eevee_breeder

Pokemon Breeder
I'm in 2 minds.....

Y'know, I'm tied between Milotic and Wailord. It just depends on what you'd rather do for ages. If you'd prefer to spend a while making dry poffins and searching for a Feebas, but you want the special attack, go for Milotic. If you can afford to spend a while leveling up, but want high attack and HP, go for Wailord.

I just restarted my game and I'm going to raise a Wailord. It all depends on what YOU want for your team.

M4zz

Banned
dude, everyone is for milotic. Be smart and follow our advice. It is up to you, but the milotic is a good choice.