• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last Pokemon of Ash's you want to see in the D/P Battle Frontier?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash still has all his old Pokemon. Whether he'll use them or not again we'll have to wait and see.

His Johto starters haven't been used since 2002, although we did see them again at Oak's lab.

Magician_Ruwla

Ash still has all his old Pokemon. Whether he'll use them or not again we'll have to wait and see.

His Johto starters haven't been used since 2002, although we did see them again at Oak's lab.

Seeing them is not enough for me.. I want more character development and battles/training.. :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Seeing them is not enough for me.. I want more character development and battles/training.. :p

Agreed. But when you think of it in real time, it really was a long time ago.

The last time the Johto starters and Noctowl were in battle was during the Johto league tournament, and that aired back in October 2002 in Japan.

Can you believe 6 entire years have passed since then? Those Pokemon were seen again briefly at Oak's lab, but we haven't seen them used again for 6 entire years.

When you think of it in real time, the Johto seasons really are very old now. And as a result, a lot of the Pokemon Ash captured in that region were just dumped at the lab. Only Heracross and Phanpy/Donphan were used again.

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
I meant.... Pokemon You DID NOT want to see back.

not that i dont like those pokemon, just others need time too.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

I wouldn't like to see his Kanto team, seeing that they put another nail in the coffin for the Johto team.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
I want Totodile or Cyndaquil one of them to go all the way.
DO the Totodile Dance :p
And The Cute Cyndaquil yell :) Yep good times

char-cario

The only reason why Noctowl was so weak is because Ash had no idea how to handle a pokemon with psychic abilities and the writers back then was terrible at character development. The entire Johto team was screwed over so badly that the writers had to bury their head in sand if they were asked what happen to them. Heracross had a good battle against Spenser's Venasaur, and Phanphy did come back and evolve into a powerful Donphan, so if they both had a chance, then there is hope for the Johto starters and Noctowl as well, although I really don't see how you can use the owl properly, unless they had a Frontier battle against a Ghost type, and Ash decided to use Noctowl, who learns Extrasensory and Zen Headbutt.

MorseCoder

Pokemon Champion
I really Wished all Of his Pokemon Evolved.. They Suck In their baby forms and Act Like Morons IMO

shac

I really don't see how you can use the owl properly, unless they had a Frontier battle against a Ghost type, and Ash decided to use Noctowl, who learns Extrasensory and Zen Headbutt.

Noctowl is really a flying type, rememer? It can learn one or two good flying moves as well so as not to be treated as a psychic wall all the time.

char-cario

I'm well aware that it was a Flying type, but it was Noctowl's psychic abilities that set Noctowl apart from the other fliers. Maybe Air Slash or Sky Attack might work.

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
Alot could have been done with Noctowl, I always felt something more was waiting for it. It was shiny, which means different. It also had different, yet unused abilities.

Gliscor_111

well since i'm confused as to which i should comment on.......
who I'd like to see: Glalie, Gliscor, and Toda/Cindy/Noctowl/Swellow
who I WOULDN'T want to see: Buizel. I like Buizel, but he'll run his course in DP. Maybe he can be brought back for some frontier brains.

edit: and Heracross. I love that beetle so much....

shac

To answer the title question I'll say Pikachu - but since that's not an option I'll say corpish or swellow. Swellow had its time during AG and corpish can't evolve. So bringing back corpish is useless.
I really want, like so many others, Ash to bring out the Johto starters and start evolving them. And also Noctowl needs some highly deserved screen time.

silbirnite

i want to see the pokemon from johto and kanto that havent had screen time for a long time, but mainly pidgeot!!! give back our first bird!

jaxonferz

i wanna see donphan, totodile, and the amazing tauros

Ancax

So much wasted potential with Noctowl. It has the distinction of being Ash's only pokemon to date able to use Psychic attacks, and they decide not to use it then, and now. I would really enjoy seeing Noctowl used sometime in the near future.

shac

So much wasted potential with Noctowl. It has the distinction of being Ash's only pokemon to date able to use Psychic attacks, and they decide not to use it then, and now. I would really enjoy seeing Noctowl used sometime in the near future.

Yeah! Noctowl with zen-headbutt will be pawnsome!