• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last Resort's mechanics in the animé

uber gon

Accept Change
Last Resort's mechanics in the animé

How do you suppose the animé will handle Last Resort? Will it be an attack where the user just has to use up to 4 moves like in the games, or in a more realistic sense every move that the user has ever learned? Hopefully it's more like the game version.

thunderblade12

Maybe Dawn will use Ambipom in a contest and its enemy will be able to dodge or evade double hit, focus punch and swift somehow, on the spot it will learn last resort and use it to deal some serve damage. Dawn will then try to spam with last resort to win the contest but find out that Ambipom can't use it again. She will then find out how last resort works and have Ambipom use its other attacks in various ways to either defend or dodge against attacks(just to use up all of Ambipom's attacks and keep it conscious at the same time) she would continue that pattern. Maybe?

As for how it would look, the users body would probably just glow and it would be a high powered tackle.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Just like another tackle, likely.

I'm more interested to see Trump Card, to be honest.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
From my opinion, I'm guessing little white stars will be involved, and yes, with just another tackle attacks. Let's just see how the anime does with that, then.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if the user has to just use three moves then Last Resort in the animé, or EVERY move that he/she has learned so far?

Glow. Sparkly. Flashy Background. Tackle.

That's what Last resort will look like.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
A glowing tackle, and I presume it's just the three moves they know so far. So for Ambipom, probably Double Hit, Focus Punch and Swift.

uber gon

Accept Change
A glowing tackle, and I presume it's just the three moves they know so far. So for Ambipom, probably Double Hit, Focus Punch and Swift.

What if the pokémon has learned MORE than 3 moves? Like maybe Ash's Donphan or some other pokémon.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
What exactly is Last Resort? Sorry for asking this but I don't have Diamond/Pearl or any of the recent games.

The devastating attack that can only be used when the other three (or lower, if the moveset isn't filled up) attacks on a Pokemon's moveset have already been used in the same battle.

I still say that it will just result in a tackle-esque attack, but perhaps with some aesthetic effects indicative of the other moves the Pokemon knows flashing around it?

CliveKoopa

Oh, well in that case, I don't think Last Resort will be used in the anime as a Pokemon can use unlimited attacks and as any times at it likes in battles.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Yeah, but what I mean is just the three moves they have used in the current battle.

thunderblade12

Does Ambipom have more then 3 attacks? I honestly can only remember focus punch, swift and double hit.

I can see the writers dancing around the mechanics of this attack by never showing it though

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I think Ambipom only has Double Hit, Double Team, Focus Punch, and Swift most of the time. If Dawn's Ambipom were to use Last Resort, it's gotta lose a move that'd be less useful for a contest.

uber gon

Accept Change
I think Ambipom only has Double Hit, Double Team, Focus Punch, and Swift most of the time. If Dawn's Ambipom were to use Last Resort, it's gotta lose a move that'd be less useful for a contest.

Or maybe the user has to use ALL the moves it knows in the animé. In Ambipom's case that would be all four of its moves.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
If that's the case, then ok, gotta go with that.

Though the anime is moslty far different from the games in it's own special way, you might be on to something.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
I guess a pokemon can't just forget a move cuz it's not a machine...[or mashine...whatever lol]

but when it learns a better move it stops using one[look at pikachu...learned Volt Tackle,stopped using Thunder,Learned Iron Tail & stopped using Agility....it currently uses only 4 moves]

so,I guess Ambipom has to use all 4 moves & then use Last Resort[or it learns Last Resort when it's training & stops using a move---Focus Punch would be the one---]

Mela

pasbl. newbie
I'll bet it ... GLOW WHITE! Sorry, I've been on the "Which attacks didn't satisfy you" Thread for awhile ...

But if it shows on the anime then I bet it'll result in a KO

But remember there are attacks that still haven't been seen on the anime.