• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last spot on my Emerald Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAmerica22

So this time when I picked up Emerald I decided to start with Treecko since I never have. Now that I'm about to go through Victory Road I've found that my Sceptile does not really serve a purpose with the rest of the team I've made, and now I'm looking for someone to fill the sixth spot.

No legendaries, no EV training, no trading.

Walrein
Naive
-Surf
-Body Slam
-Ice Beam
-Blizzard, looking to change (don't need to Ice types)

Gardevoir
Mild
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Thief

Camerupt
Naughty
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Take Down, looking to change

Flygon (don't feel like raising a Bagon this late)
Bashful
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Fly

Raichu
Naive
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Slam
-Brick Break

Sceptile
Bold
-Toxic
-Pursuit, would be looking to change, perhaps Aerial Ace?
-Leaf Blade
-Slam

My thought process for wanting to get rid of Sceptile is it's only good against ground, rock, and water types. In order to cover dragons I have Walrein, which also covers ground and rock. Raichu covers water types better, as well as flying.

Looking for something physical probably, but not a ground type (Aggron most notably) as I already have Flygon and Camerupt. Thinking about Skarmory, Forretress, breloom, and Heracross, but I'm open to all ideas. Any help is appreciated!

Azer

Leader
Ok, well... Do you want to change Sceptile, no? In that case, you have some options. You're in Victory Road, near to face Elite Four members (Dark Type, Ghost Type, Ice Type and Dragon Type). How about if you take a team for the story (Elite Four, Champion and Battle Frontier)?

Skarmory: NO ----> You have Flygon.
Forretress: Mmmm, It can be.
Breloom: It's really cool, because it is a Grass/Fighting pokémon... But the double type is a problem. Grass Type is weak for Ice type pokémon, but the Fighting type is strong for that other type. Breloom is an option.
Heracross: The same problem of Breloom. Weak for Fire, Flying and Ice type.

I have other pokémon. How about Makuhita (Fighting type)? Or Machoke (If you can, Machamp)? The Fighting type can be a good support for your team, but in Emerald version, the Fighting type pokémon are not... really strong for me.

I have other opinion about Raichu? Would you like to change it? I don't know... How about Manectric? Other option can be Jolteon (This one is hard to get in this version without Eevee). This is a help for you, if you want, you can change Raichu.

Walrein
Naive
-Surf
-Body Slam
-Ice Beam
-Blizzard, looking to change (don't need to Ice types)

Ok, my ultimate opinion is for Walrein. Blizzard is a GOOD attack, but it has a terrible accuracy. How about Iron Tale? This attack is really strong for Rock and Ice type (And Fairy, but it doesn't exist in this version)... But you have the ultimate word in this case.

Good luck for your team. Train your pokemon. And... My english is not very good, sorry if I have a mistake.

I know it's not what you ask about, but Gardevoir would appreciate Calm Mind, which learns by level-up, so don't worry about a TM going away (either use the Scale with the relearner or get another Ralts and yes, repeat all the level-up...). And just so you know, Gardevoir's Attack stat is mediocre, so Shadow Ball might not be as effective as you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.