• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last team member in Firered

Hello everyone,

I need one more pokemon to complete my team in pokemon Firered.
My team consist of the following pokemon:

Togetic Lv. 24 (Just evolved)
Timid - Hustle
Moveset:
Yawn
Ancientpower
Sweet kiss
Flamethrower

Politoed Lv. 61
Modest - Damp
Moveset:
Ice beam
Hydro pump
Waterfall
Surf

Gengar Lv. 64
Naughty - Levitate
Moveset:
Psychic
Hypnosis
Shadow ball
Thunderbolt

Venusaur Lv. 61
Carefull - Overgrow
Moveset:
Razor Leaf
Frenzy plant
Sleep powder
Synthesis

Crobat Lv. 62
Adamant - Inner focus
Moveset:
Fly
Poison fang
Wing attack
Shadow ball

So I need one more pokemon, I was thinking of Scizor or Porygon2. But maybe you guys have some better suggestions.
This team wasn't made to be the strongest, but it's main purpose is fun. Also if you have any suggestions on the moveset of my pokemon, you can give some advice if you want aswell.

Thanks in advance!

Latch

Funky Fresh
Politoed should only have Hydro Pump, maybe give it Equake?

Same w/ Crobat & Venusaur. Two moves of the same type. I could suggest Toxic for both. Get rid of Fly and Wing Attack, give Crobat either Aerial Ace or Air Cutter.

I'd go for a Rock/Ground or Steel Type as a last member. Nice to have a defensive Pokemon of those types. Steel resists more but you could go for Rhydon or as you said Scizor. If you want Golem could be another idea.

Politoed should only have Hydro Pump, maybe give it Equake?

Same w/ Crobat & Venusaur. Two moves of the same type. I could suggest Toxic for both. Get rid of Fly and Wing Attack, give Crobat either Aerial Ace or Air Cutter.

I'd go for a Rock/Ground or Steel Type as a last member. Nice to have a defensive Pokemon of those types. Steel resists more but you could go for Rhydon or as you said Scizor. If you want Golem could be another idea.

Aight, thanks for the reply. I can't learn Politoed Earthquake because I spilled it on Kangaskhan, huge mistake. I will think about your suggestions.

Edit: Also, I might wanted to learn sludgebomb to either Crobat or Venusaur.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Hello everyone,

I need one more pokemon to complete my team in pokemon Firered.
My team consist of the following pokemon:

Togetic Lv. 24 (Just evolved)
Timid - Hustle
Moveset:
Yawn
Ancientpower
Sweet kiss
Flamethrower

Really, Togetic has no need for Flamethrower, and Yawn is rather mediocre. Although Flamethrower is still usable, I suggest changing Yawn to Magical Leaf for extra Coverage.

Politoed Lv. 61
Modest - Damp
Moveset:
Ice beam
Hydro pump
Waterfall
Surf

You really do not need 3 Water Type moves. 1 is enough. I guess Surf and Waterfall are for getting around, but get rid of Waterfall, as it's useless that it's only usable once, annd doesn't even get you anything after having used it to get there. Just change Hydro Pump and Waterfall into Psychic and Dig (or Brick Break/Double Team if you already used Dig).

Gengar Lv. 64
Naughty - Levitate
Moveset:
Psychic
Hypnosis
Shadow ball
Thunderbolt

Fine.

Venusaur Lv. 61
Carefull - Overgrow
Moveset:
Razor Leaf
Frenzy plant
Sleep powder
Synthesis

Okay. Really, do not use the Elemental Starter Moves, eg Frenzy Plant, as even though they most likely will finish off the opponent, it makes you a sitting duck for the next turn. Change it. In either Sludge Bomb or Earthquake (if you can get another one somehow).

Crobat Lv. 62
Adamant - Inner focus
Moveset:
Fly
Poison fang
Wing attack
Shadow ball

Fine.

So I need one more pokemon, I was thinking of Scizor or Porygon2. But maybe you guys have some better suggestions.
This team wasn't made to be the strongest, but it's main purpose is fun. Also if you have any suggestions on the moveset of my pokemon, you can give some advice if you want aswell.

Thanks in advance!

I suggest you take either Scizor, like you said, or Magneton.

Wolfram74

Shiny Feebas
Get rid of Gengar's Shadow Ball for Ice Punch or Giga Drain. Gengar already has a horrendous physical attack stat.

Scizor is probably the better one to go with; it is reliable with high attack and defense. You could Swords Dance + Silver Wind to physical sweep or use Agility to go first.

Togetic is more defensive than offensive, so you could go with Softboiled or Thunder Wave instead of flamethrower.