• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Last thought about the Kalos gym battles? *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Title says it all. Rank the Kalos gyms and discuss.

Red and Blue

I`d say the best ones were the Clemont and Olympia matches. The other six, while not terrible, weren`t that great either.

Janovy

Banned
I`d say the best ones were the Clemont and Olympia matches. The other six, while not terrible, weren`t that great either.
I agree.

Others were average/solid IMO, but the truly good ones were those two.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I agree.

Others were average/solid IMO, but the truly good ones were those two.

I disagree

Kalos has easily had the highest ratio of quality gym matches compared to other reigions for me. Even Grant, the the worst one, is still better then like two reigions worth of previous gym battles.

Olympia takes the crown as best gym battle

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I disagree

Kalos has easily had the highest ratio of quality gym matches compared to other reigions for me. Even Grant, the the worst one, is still better then like two reigions worth of previous gym battles

Isnt that only cause of the animation quality compared the other 5 regions?

dp045

Clemont, Olympia & Korrina the best, Ramos and Valerie were the worst.

Janovy

Banned
I disagree

Kalos has easily had the highest ratio of quality gym matches compared to other reigions for me. Even Grant, the the worst one, is still better then like two reigions worth of previous gym battles
And then people wonder why I say XY is overrated lol

Red and Blue

Yeah?

I dont see how that changes anything, animation is very important in crafting a good gym battle believe it or not

Lol stop, that sounds petty

There is generally more to gym matches then animation budget. And I even said that the other battles outside those two weren't bad, just not outstanding

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Olympia is the best one, hands down. Clemont is also good, and Wulfric is not that bad either. I think the one I didn't like would be the battle against Valerie.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Overall really solid, olympia's was easily the best with animation and the strategies used. Definitely better than BW's.

Soniman

Break the Limit
There is generally more to gym matches then animation budget. And I even said that the other battles outside those two weren't bad, just not outstanding

Of course, but you cant say it didnt help?

Like im not sure why you're trying to disprove my own opinion? I didnt think any of Unova's gym matches were great (one or two were good, others were mediocre to terrible), Sinnoh's was solid all around but some lakced that animation budget, but made up for it with good strategy, Hoenn's are average/bland but they also had strategy (not Sinnoh level), Johto's are mediocre and do I even have to mention Kanto outside of Blaine??

Janovy

Banned
Olympia was easily the best gym battle of Kalos and one of the best gym battles overall, that's how impressed I am with that gym battle. DAMN IT WAS GOOD

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
As a whole they're pretty average at worst, very solid at best.

Olympia as everyone pointed out was hands down the best one.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Olympia is the best and one of the best battles in the entire series period. Grant/Valerie is probably the worst for this region. Ranged from great to average (though most of the in-between were in the good-solid range for me). Still not my personal favourite badge quest but still pretty enjoyable for the most part when all is said and done.
Olympia>>Ramos>Wulfric mk. 1>Clemont>Viola mk. 2>Korrina>Viola mk. 1> Wulfric mk.2>>Valerie=Grant

Last edited:

Captain America X

I'd say Top 3 are imo Olympia,Wulfric and Ramos with Grant as my least favourite .Although I'd consider none of them to be bad and tied with Sinnoh for my favourite badge quest.

Navin

MALDREAD
Final Gym Battle Record for Ash's Pokemon:

Pikachu: 6-3

- L vs Viola's Surskit
- W vs Viola's Surskit
- W vs Viola's Vivillon *
- W vs Grant's Tyrunt *
- W vs Korrina's Mega Lucario *
- W vs Clemont's Bunnelby
- L vs Clemont's Luxray
- W vs Wulfric's Bergmite
- L vs Wulfric's Avalugg

Greninja: 5-2

- W vs Grant's Onix
- L vs Grant's Tyrunt
- W vs Ramos' Weepingbel
- W vs Ramos' Gogoat *
- W vs Olympia's Meowstic *1
- L vs Wulfric's Avalugg
- W vs Wulfric's (Mega) Abomasnow *

Talonflame: 6-8

- W vs Viola's Surskit
- L vs Viola's Vivllon
- L vs Viola's Vivillon
- L vs Grant's Tyrunt
- W vs Korrina's Machoke
- L vs Korrina's Mega Lucario
- W vs Ramos' Jumpluff
- L vs Ramos' Weepingbel
- W vs Valerie's Sylveon
- L vs Valerie's Spritzee
- L vs Wulfric's Avalugg
- W vs Wulfric's Avalugg
- L vs Wulfric's Abomasnow

Hawlucha: 4-4

- W vs Korrina's Mienfoo
- L vs Ramos' Weepingbel
- W vs Clemont's Heliolisk
- L vs Clemont's Luxray
- W vs Valerie's Spritzee *
- W vs Wulfric's Abomasnow
- L vs Wulfric's Avalugg

Goodra: 1-0

- W vs Clemont's Luxray *

Noivern: 0-0 (Did not compete)

* Represent wins against the Gym Leader's final Pokemon
1 Double battle victory for Talonflame/Frogadier

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Final Gym Battle Record for Ash's Pokemon:

Pikachu: 6-3

- L vs Viola's Surskit
- W vs Viola's Surskit
- W vs Viola's Vivillon *
- W vs Grant's Tyrunt *
- W vs Korrina's Mega Lucario *
- W vs Clemont's Bunnelby
- L vs Clemont's Luxray
- W vs Wulfric's Bergmite
- L vs Wulfric's Avalugg

Greninja: 5-2

- W vs Grant's Onix
- L vs Grant's Tyrunt
- W vs Ramos' Weepingbel
- W vs Ramos' Gogoat *
- L vs Wulfric's Avalugg
- W vs Wulfric's (Mega) Abomasnow *

Talonflame: 6-8

- W vs Viola's Surskit
- L vs Viola's Vivllon
- L vs Viola's Vivillon
- L vs Grant's Tyrunt
- W vs Korrina's Machoke
- W vs Ramos' Jumpluff
- L vs Ramos' Weepingbel
- W vs Valerie's Sylveon
- L vs Valerie's Spritzee
- L vs Wulfric's Avalugg
- W vs Wulfric's Avalugg
- L vs Wulfric's Abomasnow

Hawlucha: 4-4

- W vs Korrina's Mienfoo
- L vs Ramos' Weepingbel
- W vs Clemont's Heliolisk
- L vs Clemont's Luxray
- W vs Valerie's Spritzee *
- W vs Wulfric's Abomasnow
- L vs Wulfric's Avalugg

Goodra: 1-0

- W vs Clemont's Luxray *

Noivern: 0-0 (Did not compete)

* Represent wins against the Gym Leader's final Pokemon
1 Double battle victory for Talonflame/Frogadier
Analysis on this: Pikachu carried the crew for the early part of the badge quest then with evolutions and training the bridged the gap. Talonflame is the obvious workhorse of the region with a whooping 14 separate battles. Pikachu and Greninja the obvious Gym aces though the quality of Greninja's latter victories outshines Pikachu's early ones. Hawlucha coming straight even shows its reliability and resilience as the middleman in the Gym battles. Goodra had a good win but a very small sample size to work with. Noivern is an unknown.

Damn I didnt think Wulfric rematch should be that low 0_O
The three after Clemont are rather close IMO (they're in the solid range) and could really be ranked any way. Really its Valerie and Grant that have the obvious drop in quality. It wasn't a bad match. A solid one though I say the same for VIola and Korrina.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.