• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Late to this knowledge

Tanktypesonly

Hey all, I went to trade pokemon for the first time with my cousin out of state, and it said I needed some kind of subscription. What's the reason behind this? We've traded for a long time with just GTS without needing something like that. I don't see any game benefit at all for paying to transfer pokemon back and forth a couple times. Is this just another EA/Epic-esque money grab? I really don't see any big roi for something that should be free.

Ghost94

Like you said, a money grab.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yep. I think you can still get a week free to Nintendo Switch Online. Past that, it is $20 a year. They also add in new free games each month. That said, I still view it as a money grab as well. But at least it's not Microsoft or Sony, who both charge $60 a year for their online services.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I am against NSO as a concept, but because it's pretty vital for games like Mario Maker 2 I ended up getting a copy of MM2 that came with 12 months NSO included, which was £10 cheaper than getting both separately.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If you got Twitch Prime, you can get a free month. And more... I don't know how it works beyond that, I only signed up to watch a new series lol
It is a money grab for sure, there's really no 'benefits' for buying a year's worth. And it's just watered down version of Xbox Live, can't talk to your friends without a PHONE app.... if Xbox or PS did that, people would be all up in arms but Nintendo gets off too easy
The fact you need to pay for Home just solidifies how greedy Nintendo's becoming. Have to pay for Bank, Home, and Online.... good grief.

$5 for a year is much more reasonable for how Nintendo Online currently is, heck $10 would be just as good. $20's too much... if Wonder Trade's out in gen 8, I'm honestly not going to renew it. It'll be a race to finish the dex before December 10th!

Yep. I think you can still get a week free to Nintendo Switch Online. Past that, it is $20 a year. They also add in new free games each month. That said, I still view it as a money grab as well. But at least it's not Microsoft or Sony, who both charge $60 a year for their online services.

At least those give you free games you can keep
Or at least that's how Xbox does it
I have over 200 games in my log and still play Black Flag(Which was given out... 2014?) every few months