• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Latias and Latios Guides

Chrono Mew

Chronos-itis
Since i havnt even been in the dungeon they are in i wont be much help. This thread is also helping me out. There are some things that could be very helpful for people like me

Move's:
Level:
Where:
How To Get There:
Item's:

And other things all wrapped into one guide. I will put all of the guides here with your name.

--==GUIDES==--​

Resque Team Rocket's Guide
Both dungeons are really quite similar. Bring Electric/Ice/Rock types as most enemies are Flying types. Both dungeons have 25 floors.

Northern Range: On the first few floors, Beautifly has Silver Wind and Spinarak has Poisoning and Speed-lower moves. On 18-24 there are Togetic, SUPER deadly as they have Metronome and Ancientpower. Lots of seeds and orbs here.

Pitfall Valley: Beware of traps, there are lots here. Seeds/orbs/berries are common. Status conditions aren't good too, Butterfree and Aerodactyl = Confused, Skiploom = Poison and Sleep, Masquerain = Paralyze. Aerodactyls are also Agility abusers, Farfetch'd has Fury Cutter, Doduo has possible status condition inflicting Tri Attack, and Swellow, Pidgeot and Yanma have Quick Attack.

Latios: He knows Protect, so try to damage him as much as possible before he use that. If he does, use throwing items like Sticks. He is a Dragon/Psychic, so use moves he is weak against, like Ice moves. You can't recruit him at that time, just so you know.

Scepgatr's Guide
Northern Range and Pitfall Valley are easy dungeons.
Some basic facts:
Both dungeons focus on mainly flying types. There will also be a few non-flying Pokémons, such as Sevipers or Raticates. Strongest foes are usually only level 40. In the last few floors, Aerodactyls are very common. They are dangerous, since they can Confuse you and they abuse Agility.​

Last edited:

Scepgatr

Northern Range and Pitfall Valley are easy dungeons.
Some basic facts:
Both dungeons focus on mainly flying types. There will also be a few non-flying Pokémons, such as Sevipers or Raticates. Strongest foes are usually only level 40. In the last few floors, Aerodactyls are very common. They are dangerous, since they can Confuse you and they abuse Agility.

rescue_team_rocket

Pika, that's right!
Both dungeons are really quite similar. Bring Electric/Ice/Rock types as most enemies are Flying types. Both dungeons have 25 floors.

Northern Range: On the first few floors, Beautifly has Silver Wind and Spinarak has Poisoning and Speed-lower moves. On 18-24 there are Togetic, SUPER deadly as they have Metronome and Ancientpower. Lots of seeds and orbs here.

Pitfall Valley: Beware of traps, there are lots here. Seeds/orbs/berries are common. Status conditions aren't good too, Butterfree and Aerodactyl = Confused, Skiploom = Poison and Sleep, Masquerain = Paralyze. Aerodactyls are also Agility abusers, Farfetch'd has Fury Cutter, Doduo has possible status condition inflicting Tri Attack, and Swellow, Pidgeot and Yanma have Quick Attack.

Latios: He knows Protect, so try to damage him as much as possible before he use that. If he does, use throwing items like Sticks. He is a Dragon/Psychic, so use moves he is weak against, like Ice moves. You can't recruit him at that time, just so you know.

-Noland-

I think you unlock Northern Range after obtaining surf from Solar Cave (20F Water Pokemon needed) and buying the friend area Southern Island (or Isles)
from Wigglytuff

Pitfall Valley unlocks after you complete northern range.

LocoUser16

Beware the Tobybro!
Also for Northern Range, beware of Poison Traps, because they are very prevalent. Also, as the name suggest, Pitfall Valley early floors do have some Pitfall Traps, so beware of those as well

Dynamic Mimiroll

I thought I'd add that, contrary to what many others say, buying Southern Island and finding HM Surf are the only requirements to activating the Latios event. It is not necessary to complete Solar Cave (if you're lazy, you can warp out with an Escape Orb as soon as you find HM Surf) and you do not need to clear Stormy Sea or Buried Relic first. In fact, if you transferred HM Surf from another game, you could actually circumvent visiting Solar Cave entirely. XD

Also, I thought I'd add that there aren't many notable recruitable Pokémon in either of the two dungeons. There are, however, many unevolved Flying-types, as well as Spinarak and Seviper, that could have been recruited in earlier dungeons. Notable, however, are Hoppip, which would be new if you had not yet visited Remains Island, and Wingull, which would be new if you hadn't visited an ocean dungeon yet (both of them are found in Pitfall Valley). Also, for people too lazy to go to the end of Sinister Woods to look for Hoothoot, they can be found on the first few floors of Pitfall Valley; likewise, recruiting an Aerodactyl is very easy on the later floors of Pitfall Valley on which Aerodactyl is the only wild Pokémon.

Also, by clearing the Latios and Latias rescue quest, one unlocks Joyous Tower and Purity Forest and fulfills some of the requirements for unlocking Silver Trench and Wish Cave.

LocoUser16

Beware the Tobybro!
If I am not mistaken, do you need the Sky Blue Plains Friend Area as well? It was something that came to my mind as I was looking at this.

[EDIT] I believe you need to recruit all three legendary birds as well to unlock Silver Trench

Last edited:

Dynamic Mimiroll

If I am not mistaken, do you need the Sky Blue Plains Friend Area as well? It was something that came to my mind as I was looking at this.

[EDIT] I believe you need to recruit all three legendary birds as well to unlock Silver Trench

Eheheh, I meant that rescuing Latias from Pitfall Valley fulfilled all of the requirements for unlocking Joyous Tower and Purity Forest but only some of the requirements for unlocking Silver Trench and Wish Cave. (Blame it on my wacky, unnecessarily long sentence structure. XD) If I recall correctly, though, Sky Blue Plains is only needed to activate the Howling Forest and Murky Cave quests, though. You were right about Silver Trench also requiring the three legendary birds, however, and Wish Cave also requires a few events with Medicham and Ekans in Pokémon Square. ^_^

Scepgatr

When you say rescue do you mean recruit?

You basically go through Northern Range and at the end you encounter Latios. You must defeat it (you can't recruit it from there), and then you take it back to Town Square. Then hear Latios's story and go save Latias. After going through Pitfall Valley, you meet Latias. Take her back to Town Square and reunite it with Latios. As reward, they offer to join your group. Its automatic recruitment, like Celebi. You can select the no option, however, they just say something and then ask you again the same question. So basically you are forced to say yes. However, after that if you were to set them free from the Friend Area, then they will never come back again. You will have to re-start a new file.