• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Latias/Latios Event Underway In Europe

pollpoke

legendhunter
Hi i am new here and my name is pollpoke (not in real life) Anyway,i will get the crystal soon. SOOOOOOOOO... Glad to be here!

pollpoke

legendhunter
hi

Hi i am new here and my name is pollpoke (not in real life)
So i hope i get lots of friends and i am glad to be here!

Just to let you know that if either of the Lati's faint, you can battle it again once you exit a building waiting for you outside at the same spot.

MetaPheonixPal

It's funny how you can leave the Lati in Pewtwer City and go do whatever else you want.
It will stay there forever or at least until you battle it.

Desi Pikachu

Mr Rager
Is it available in Canada because i cannot seem to get the mystery gift. :(

Nuicar

Rawrness
I got my Latias Earlier. I was shocked when I was able to catch it so easily. Got it using only 1 ultra ball. o_O Timid nature, haven't bothered to check IVs yet.

Desi Pikachu

Mr Rager
It's definitely available in Canada, I managed to get it. I don't know what to tell you, sorry.

Do you have to be at a certain point in the game to receive the gift?

striker

I AM THAT IS
Glad I was able to get it. :)

But has the excess wifi traffic been making it so anyone else can't trade/battle?

Traffic? That might explain why i couldnt download it on my first time. Even though i havent even battled the elite 4, its nice to have the wifi events for when im ready.

BTW does anyone know of a way i can get yellow forrest despite me being so late?

Horizon

Fufufufufu...
I wish I can find my HG game... haven't seen it in months. Do you have to chase it around like in 3rd gen?

MetaPheonixPal

They cannot make a Wi-Fi event for Europe while preventing USA from downloading it.

Please don't post false information.
You can receive the gift as soon as you get the Pokédex.

It's not false, its what it says on the Pokemon Website and Pokebeach.
Those are the requirements to get the Enigma Stone according to them.

EDIT: Nevermind. Those are the requirements to do the event. I will delete the post.

Last edited:

lethal Xsanity

I got my Latios at dawn :D
Wasn't that hard, it was pretty interesting that you could battle it over and over, I could of trained up really well on it but since I'm kinda done with heart gold I didn't bother.
I caught it after a little while with a Dusk Ball :]

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
Caught Latios today, but he was WAYYYYYYYYY too easy to catch...

Used my lvl.44 Ampharos to paralyze Latios and bring his HP down. Then Latios killed my Ampharos with a critical hit Luster Purge, then I sent out my lvl. 75 Ho-Oh.

Used one Level Ball. Failed.
Used one Level Ball. Success.

Latios just kept spamming Zen Headbutt and Luster Purge... >.< Then I saved after catching him, and it turned that his nature is Lax. *headdesk*

Oh well, I hope Kyogre would be just a little harder...

decadencia

got mine!!! timid, perfect spatk and spd!!! xD too bad def is only 7... but spdef and hp r 22... somehow atk managed a 28... hate when that happens...

MSK

I've caught 2 so far, 1 on my US HG and one on my UK SS, I've downloaded Enigma Crystal on my UK HG and will be using that to soft reset for a shiny. Now I'm trading everything off the 2 games I've caught them on so I can restart the games an get 2 more :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Latias is a pain to capture! (sleep and false swipe)

It really is, I didn't think it would be so hard to capture. I caught Latias with an Ultra Ball while it roamed Kanto but even with Sleep status, low HP, and tons of Balls, Latios just won't give in. I think I'll resort to using a Master Ball.

That information isn't false.
They are the requirements to do the event, and to obtain the event, all you need is Mystery Gift.

And Mystery Gift is unlocked when you get the PokeDex from Oak in Mr. Pokemon's house. There is a difference between the requirements needed to obtain the Enigma Stone and the requirements to activate it so there's bound to be confusion :S

glox

Just caught it on a whim, it had 1hp after a few of my Gyarados' Dragon Pulses, then I threw a Great Ball XD