• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Latias/Latios, most powerful pokemon?

xst33vox

Merchant Of Death
Do you think that Latias/Latios are the most powerful pokemon when holding soul dew? If you look at it, no other pokemon can have such high offensive/defensive stats at the same time. Then considering typing, etc, i think they can take the top with soul dew.

tom-tom

Furret <3
Do you think that Latias/Latios are the most powerful pokemon when holding soul dew? If you look at it, no other pokemon can have such high offensive/defensive stats at the same time. Then considering typing, etc, i think they can take the top with soul dew.
Which is why Soul Dew is banned.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Which is why Soul Dew is banned.

Not in Ubers. Which is the only tier where those two are allowed, so its banning anywhere else is pretty irrelevant.

As for the question, I'd have to say no. Sure two of their stats are godly with Soul Dew, but there's more to strength than that. And I'm pretty sure they aren't the highest offensive stats, items considered.

And their typing isn't all that great for Ubers (though the resistance to Kyogre's STAB moves definitely helps). Levitate is quite a plus too!

tom-tom

Furret <3
Not in Ubers. Which is the only tier where those two are allowed, so its banning anywhere else is pretty irrelevant.
They got rid of the Soul Dew clause when Latias moved to Ubers? For some reason I thought it was banned still.

wichu

The problem with using Soul Dew is that you can't use another item at the same time. So, for example, Specs Kyogre is more powerful than either of the two, albeit without the ability to switch moves. Latias and Latios also happen to be weak to Ice and Dragon, two common offensive types with all the Dragon-types in Ubers. The Pursuit weakness doesn't help them either.

oddz

mad dark lover 99

If you have them both in your team with that item they are unstoppable so you should have them in our team I do

Vandslaux

I'd say yes. Combine godly offensive/defensive stats with the general specially offensive Ubers, and take into consideration the fact that they outspeed the entire tier except Mewtwo, Darkrai, and I think Lugia. Might tie with Lugia, though. Don't think the Latis are godly? Then take this into consideration: after a CM, with Soul Dew, Latios hits over 800 Sp. Atk. He can easily hit 2000-2500 Sp. Atk at +6. He then OHKOes Blissey, I believe, with Psychic.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
No there no were the strongest pokemon are.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I'd say they are. The two helped me a lot in Wifi battles numerous times, even though they weren't allowed to have the Soul Dew. Regardless, the can still make decent use of other items. There a couple of my favorite Pokemon (top 5), so I love to use them.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
It's a banned item though. D= And in ubers, many things could outclass it, so it's definitely not the strongest. D=

I'd say yes. Combine godly offensive/defensive stats with the general specially offensive Ubers, and take into consideration the fact that they outspeed the entire tier except Mewtwo, Darkrai, and I think Lugia. Might tie with Lugia, though. Don't think the Latis are godly? Then take this into consideration: after a CM, with Soul Dew, Latios hits over 800 Sp. Atk. He can easily hit 2000-2500 Sp. Atk at +6. He then OHKOes Blissey, I believe, with Psychic.
Not sure about that, next to 600+ HP, it's Sp. Def. isn't that bad either, he may survive the hit, but I'm not sure.
It's a banned item though. D= And in ubers, many things could outclass it, so it's definitely not the strongest. D=
Yeah, someone like darkrai, he's faster than them and one Dark Void and lati(a/o)s could forget it.

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Yeah, it would probably 2HKO it.

The Latis do have competition with Specs Mewtwo, though.