• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Latias Reflect Type Team Idea

1.21GWs

I have been experimenting with the move reflect type on Latias. It seems like a really cool and interesting move. I want to build a team around using reflect type to allow the flexibility to remove or alter my weaknesses and thus stack calm mind up and become very difficult to take down. Here is the team I'm thinking of so far.

Latias: Mine has a speed stat of 170, fast enough to outspeed all dragons other than a faster Latias/Latios.
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EV: Speed and HP
Moves:
Calm Mind
Recover
Psychic or Mist Ball (probably psychic since Mist Ball only has 5 pp)
Reflect Type

Gyarados: Great for covering my weakness to fire with a Steel/Psychic Latias.
Item: unsure at the moment, probably splash plate
Nature: Jolly
EV: Speed and Attack
Moves:
Waterfall
Rest
Dragon Dance
Thunder Wave

Metagross: A Psychic/Steel type allows for a great reflect type while keeping STAB on psychic for Latias
Item: not sure yet
Nature: unsure, maybe a defensive nature of some sort
EV: Might go defensive on these and do 252HP/128Def/128Sp.Def
Moves:
Rest
Reflect
Light Screen
Bullet Punch/Iron Head/Zen Headbutt/something that does damage

4th: Unsure, I may consider using my Weavile or Mienshao just for having a fake-out available when I really need it. I'd like another pokemon that is good at disabling/weakening my opponents attacks while I stat boost.

When Latias becomes a steel-psychic type, her only weakness is fire due to levitate. The option to switch to another type when presented with bug/dragon/dark/ghost/ice pokemon will be interesting. Gyarados can hopefully cover this fire weakness. The only pokemon that will be able to be super effective versus my Latias during both types is a Chandelure (that I have thought of) and I calculated that a Gyarados will both always outspeed and one shot a Chandelure provided I am able to breed a perfect speed and attack IV.

Any ideas on the fourth? Perhaps another pokemon that is good at laying out walls and/or intimidating and cc'ing my opponent while I stat boost on Latias?