1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Latios or Latias?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Shymain, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shymain

Shymain Shaymin Lover

Which of the two roaming Pokemon do you prefer?

I have a slight bias against Latios, as he's the only one of the two that I have, and no matter what game I choose, I always end up with him.

So, Latias.

2. tomatohater

tomatohater Golden Sun 4?

Latias FTW

Pokemon Sapphire is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

3. UbersSuck20

UbersSuck20 #FreeGenesect

I prefer Latios. Blue is a much cooler color than red, and I can't resist his delicious STAB Draco Meteor, especially when boosted by Choice Specs or Soul Dew. He also has a better Special Attack and still monstrous Special Defense when he has a Soul Dew. However, we can't use Soul Dew Lati@s in OU, so he has to resort to Life Orb or Choice Specs.

I still like Latias, though, and I use her in my sand team. However, Latios is and will always be better.

4. Shymain

Shymain Shaymin Lover

I used to think that. Until I constantly got Latios instead of Latias.

5. master3019

master3019 Me gusta Flygon

I'm definitely Latios, but probs because I try to make sure all of my Pokemon are male.

6. Shymain

Shymain Shaymin Lover

I used to be biased against female Pokemon, because I'm male, but now, I don't care, as long as it's cool.

7. SilverChiko

SilverChiko Protect The Smiles!

Latios due to Pokémon Heroes

8. Retro-Chaos X

Retro-Chaos X Psychic Aficionado

When I was younger I used to like Latios better because I was weirdly biased on genders and I like the colour blue more than red. However, since Sapphire has always been my Hoenn game, Latias has grew on me a lot ever since I started using her, so now I like Latias better. I also like Latias' design more - she looks similar but I like the friendly look that the designers gave her.

9. Vixen1988

Vixen1988 Fennekin all the way

Latias every time :)

Although I do like Latios too.

10. nathandg0924

nathandg0924 Back in the meantime

Latios. I prefer offense over defense.

11. Henraye

Henraye Toon Leader

I had a similar experience. When I first played with the gender thing I didn't know what they meant, so I didn't care. When I found out, i wanted all my pokemon to be male. After that period, I categorized which pokemon that looked like females and males. So if I saw a Butterfree, it would have to be female. Now I don't care. Anyways, overall Latios is better because its BLUE! btw blue is my favorite color...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  12. snivy trainer

snivy trainer Driving myself batty

How difficult...

I'd say Latios. I like blue, and Latios' massive firepower and STAB Draco Meteor is just amazing. But I like Latias, because she seems so much more durable. I can't say from a catching perspective, as I've caught both and like both equally. Competitive wise, I'm a set up sweeper kind of person, so Latias shines there. But I nearly always consider Latios when making teams. Such a hard choice...

13. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Latias. It's one of my favorite Pokemon of all times. I have always liked it better than Latios, though I like Latios quite a bit as well.

14. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I like Latias the most out of the duo, but mostly because it always seemed so elusive. I accidentally defeated the roaming Latias in Sapphire version so I had to trade for one a year later. I guess Latias seemed more special because I had to wait a while in order to finally get one, whereas I had at least three different Latios.

15. pokemasta92

pokemasta92 Well-Known Member

Latios because:
    1. I prefer male Pokémon.
    2. I like the color blue more than red.
    3. Offense > Defense

16. AuroriumX

AuroriumX The Interceptor

I like both equally as much, but if I have to choose I'd go with Latios.

17. Chalis

Chalis Victorious

Latias is the first I chose, and I like Mist Ball.

18. Wishmaker Latias

Wishmaker Latias Steps to Ascension

Latias. Just that she can survive 3 non STAB Blizzards. And sometimes even 2 STAB Blizzards.

19. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

Latios. Every time I played Emerald I chose him even though I can get him on ruby.

20. Swampert is my Homeboy

Swampert is my Homeboy Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma

Latios, probably just for nostalgic reasons. Ruby is my favorite Pokemon game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.