• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Laughing Man's Society For Scrupulous Individuals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just now had the most super amazing battle just now...Got the video number too..................................

65-35133-75569 (11 turn VGC '12 rules battle)

My team: Sableye (lead), Gastrodon (lead), Exeggutor, Garchomp

Opponents team: Tyranitar (lead), Landorus (lead), Excadrill, Dragonite

Teaser: Down on turn #9, 2-1, my Exeggutor versus my opponents Tyranitar and Excardill. Was I able to make a come from behind versus not one, but two Pokes who (usually) hard counter my own?

(Of course I was able to make a comeback...or I wouldn't be bragging about what should have been a sure defeat. And yes, I was battling someone who seemed competent. I believe he misclicked on turn #6 though.)

Last edited:
ill have to check this out !

Franz Nerdlinger

Bored Person
Ohhh, fine. I've got lots of pokemon to choose from! It's just that I'm still trying to find a team that works together well. xD;

It was on GBU. I enjoy GBU Doubles/VGC '12 rules, and GBU Triples rules, where not very much is banned. Excadrill is perfectly legal there. So is SwSw+Drizzle, Blaziken, Thundurus, Garchomp, Bright Powder, and Lax Incence.

Even though I face all of that, I rarely use any of it, and I'm still a boss. Well, I do use 'Chomp + Bright Powder occassionally, but the rest of it is a little blah in Doubles/Triples.

I can even make Jigglypuff your worst nightmare in Triple battles. ;) WAY different battling format.

Moe2

meh, I dont like doubles or triples... its too... ghey :/
Everyone has protect.. I don't like it :/

Not really. Taunt and Feint kill Protect/Detect/Wide Guard/Quick Guard. In Gen 5, Protect and moves of the like aren't as wide spread competitively as you might expect.

Even the Pokes that do carry such moves, yes, it does take some getting used to, but it's more of a mental game that way. Once you get used to the battling format, you can just know when something is going to protect.

Off to test Hax god Togekiss in my (WIP) Doubles team. Testing new team out with a Togekiss Tornadus leading duo. Priority Tail Wind + Togekiss @ King's Rock using spamming Twister. 50% chance of flinching both of the opponents Pokes in just one move, just to let my other Poke do whatever it feels like doing. May eventually work Terrakion into the team, as well. Rock Slide spam.

Team currently: Tornadus/Togekiss/Sableye/Cresselia/Exeggutor/Gastrodon. If I add Terrakion, either Exeggutor or Gastrodon will be the odd Poke out.

Last edited:
Not really. Taunt and Feint kill Protect/Detect/Wide Guard/Quick Guard. In Gen 5, Protect and moves of the like aren't as wide spread competitively as you might expect.

Even the Pokes that do carry such moves, yes, it does take some getting used to, but it's more of a mental game that way. Once you get used to the battling format, you can just know when something is going to protect.

Off to test Hax god Togekiss in my (WIP) Doubles team. Testing new team out with a Togekiss Tornadus leading duo. Priority Tail Wind + Togekiss @ King's Rock using spamming Twister. 50% chance of flinching both of the opponents Pokes in just one move, just to let my other Poke do whatever it feels like doing. May eventually work Terrakion into the team, as well. Rock Slide spam.

Team currently: Tornadus/Togekiss/Sableye/Cresselia/Exeggutor/Gastrodon. If I add Terrakion, either Exeggutor or Gastrodon will be the odd Poke out.
sableye is a little pain in the *****

I'm using mine mostly for weather control. Priority Sunny Day to get rid of opposing weather. My team is helped a little by the sun, but it isn't mandatory for the sun to be out for my team to function.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.