1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Laughingstock-A Comedy One Shot Contest!

Discussion in 'The Authors' Café' started by IceKing, May 9, 2006.

?

Who is the Smexiest Judge?

1. IceKing

25.5%
  2. Breezy

11.8%
  3. Brian Powell

3.9%
  4. Typhlogirl

35.3%
  5. ALL UGLEH! Every1 noez Boss Lady is da sm3x3h!

23.5%
  1. IceKing

IceKing Sexorific!

NEW DEADLINE: ENTRIES DUE ON MIDNIGHT JUNE 20th!!!

Approved by Boss Lady

Welcome to *Insert Catchy Title*-A Comedy One Shot Contest! Needless to say, this is indeed a contest to write a *gasp* comedy one shot! And it is led by none another than the best writer in SPPf, IceKing! This contest was inspired by Trial of Terror, a Horror One Shot contest. But we all know that the horror genre is 00ber LAME and comedy is much superior. Wouldn’t you rather wet your pants laughing than in fear?

There are four judges to this contest:

Judges
    1.IceKing (Main Organizer)
    ~Comedy Works include: Whirl Island Quest V.2: unBEARably Sexy! & A Very “Special” Pokemon

~Awards/Laudations include: Best Comedy Writer (Winter Awards); Best Chaptered Comedy/Parody Fic (Winter Awards); Best Comedic Moment (Winter Awards); Most Hilarious Pokemon Character (PokeOscars); Best Comedy Fanfiction (PokeOscars)

IceKing is not a true comedy writer, he simply a man who coincidentally writes comedy at times. His favorite form of comedy is satirical and slapstick. He is known for writing Whirl Island Quest and Whirl Island Quest V.2: unBEARably Sexy, two mildly recognized half-decent fanfictions. Personality wise, he is hilarious, random, sarcastic, witty, weird, intelligent, determined, hard-working. Emphasis on weird.

2.Breezy
    ~Comedy Works include: Hoenn League: A Brendan and May Adventure; Who Shot Brendan Birch?;The Lost Chronicles of Johto; May I? (t3h revised edition); Muddy & Flare; and my first poke’mon fanfic (sry I sux at titles ><)

~Awards/Laudations Include: Best Comedy Writer (PokeOscars)

Breezy is one of the oldest and most popular writers in Serebii. Her favorite form of comedy is witty and intelligent. Her fic, Hoenn League: A Brendan and May Adventure revolutionized the Hoenn trainer fic and currently has over 75,000 views and has reached over fifty chapters. Personality wise, she is witty, carefree, sarcastic, fresh, occasionally sadistic, and kind (though most people who call her that simply suck up). Emphasis on fresh.

3.Typhlogirl
    ~Comedy Works include: PokeTalk!! The Pokemon based Talk show;Pokemon the First Movie: A Humorous Review; PokeTalk!: The Catastrophic Christmas Special

~Awards/Laudations Include: Best Comedy/Parody One-Shot (Winter Awards); Second Place Best Comedy Writer (Winter Awards); Second Place Best Comedy Fic (Winter Awards); Best Comedy Writer (Summer Fiction Awards); Best Chaptered Comedy Fic (Summer Fiction Awards);

Typhlogirl is a newest of the judges, and an instant success. Her favorite form of comedy is random and sarcastic. Her fic, PokeTalk!! The Pokemon based Talk show, after less than a year, has over 30,000 views and 500 reviews. Personality wise, she is hyper, deep, funny, serious, calm and psycho. :p. Emphasis on hyper.

4.Brian Powell
    ~Comedy Works include: MULTIPLE Team Rocket one-shots, to see a full list, look under Comedy One Shots in the The Fanfiction Catalog!

~Awards/Laudations Include: Second place Best Comedy/Parody One-Shot (Winter Awards); Most Hilarious One Shot (PokeOscars); Best Comedy One Shot (Summer Fiction Awards)

Brian Powell is another old member of Serebii and very experienced like Breezy. His favorite form of comedy is classy and clean. Though he has no chaptered comedy fics, he is well known for his many comedy one shots, usually concerning the anime’s Team Rocket. Personality wise, he is funny (obviously), nice, honest, trustworthy, encouraging, helpful, and quite normal compared to the other judges. Emphasis on Normal.

The contest consists of three main parts:

1. Submit your Comedy One Shot before the deadline
    2. Wait patiently for the judges to review and rank the entrants
    3. Read the results and weep!

We won’t accept just any comedy one shots; they must have some degree of well writtenness. Here are the rules for your entry.

1. Must have remotely good grammar/spelling
    2. Must be of the comedy genre, may have other genres but the comedy should be pretty prominent.
    3. No length limit, but it must be reasonably well developed
    4. May be in Script-Format, but not poorly written. Typhlogirl’s PokeTalk is a good example of reasonably well-written script
    5. Must not exceed Rated R
    6. Must be related to POKEMON or ORIGINAL. It would be better not to do a cross-over
    7. If it BLATANTLY rips off a previous comedy fic (i.e., the mass of PokeTalk copies popping up), then it will immediately be disqualified.
    8. Please, don’t make it some mess of random farts and other stupidness. Nothing wrong with a little immaturity, but don’t make it excessively idiotic

The Deadline as of now is June 15th. This will most likely change. Be sure to put effort into this contest, lazy slop will not be accepted =)

Happy writing! Be sure to make us laugh! Entries may be PMed or emailed to me. After I receive an entry, I will send it to the other three judges. Entries MAY NOT be posted on Serebii until judging takes place. If you have any questions, please feel free to post.

So suggestions, additions, removations....? Especially with the Title!

Oh and one final thing. If you come up with a good witty title for this thread, we may use that as extra credit for your one shot's judging =)

Entrants as of 6/6/06
    -FlamingRuby
    -PDL
    -Fez the My...something Elf
    -May Lover
    -Katiekitten
    -Arcanine Royale
    -Scrap (?)
    -Bay
    -Masterwannabe

[​IMG]

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  2. PDL

PDL disenchanted

maybe I'll enter... but no guarantees since I have a new job and it also depends on if I think of something funny that I don't want to fit into Sabrina's Story...

3. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

I'll entered my older one shot. It's not well known but I've gotten a few good reviews.

4. katiekitten

katiekitten The Compromise

Hurray! The Comedy contest is here! *does a boogie*

June fifteenth? *is relieved* I'll start collecting ideas... >=)

Title title... I'll post here when I think of it. XD

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  5. Saffire Persian

Saffire Persian Now you see me...

Cheesy as it may have been, I was kinda fond of Laughingstock as the title. XDXD *is shot*

I think I'll enter.. but 0-o.. We'll see. I dunno if this one-shot will turn out to be comedic enough. *will try*

6. Lily

Lily you were the one.

A comedy one-shot...of all themes that's the one I'm not very skilled at. >P

Nevertheless, I'll participate. This should be fun~ =3

7. IceKing

IceKing Sexorific!

Five possible entrants already? That's awesome! I hope you guys all have fun writing! ...Is Kairi LilyPichu?

TheBigAl, I'm not sure if I can accept your entry or not since you already wrote it. The purpose of this contest is kinda to WRITE a comedy one shot, but I PMed my fellow judges and we will decide together.

Saffy, ooooh I forgot about that title! I actually like it a lot, it has the corny cleesh feel most of us were going for, I also PMed that idea to my fellow judges. And from what I know, both you and PDL are hilarious and I'm sure you too will write excellent one shots!

Kairi, if you are LilyPichu, then your definetely known to have written about 300 one shots, so I'm sure you can write about 15 comedy one shots and one of them will bound to turn out good =P

Happy writing!

8. Bay

Bay YEAHHHHHHH

I am to participate too! Well, is it okay if I enter "Take Fifty Five"? It is not written yet, but has been planned out for a little bit. Plus, I kind of advitise it already. (Hey, I can't predict the future! Sorry about that.)

If no, then I might try to do another comedy one shot.

9. IceKing

IceKing Sexorific!

Yeah, that's definetely fine

10. Bay

Bay YEAHHHHHHH

Thanks for the heads up! I will get started right now! Oh, plus I think the catchy title should be "Laugh Out Loud Sunday"! (Got it from those Fox advertisements).

11. Literate

Literate black cat, black cat

I'll try. >_< I have tons of time between the end of school and the start of summer school. I'm not particularly good at comedy. I'll try. >_< I'll go ahead and tell my sister...

~PEACE~

12. Quackerdrill

Quackerdrill say yes to love

Icee, you just made my day (if the Nintendo press conference didn't do that already). This is perfect; I've been wanting to jump into a comedy fic, but haven't had the drive. I'm kinda in the same boat as Bay, though, right now with having an idea that has been rolling about in my head and even had a preview thread for... would it be okay if I did a one-shot based on this concept and then continued a chaptered format after the contest was over? (It was going to be episodic anyways, i.e. no real cohesive plot between chapters.) So do you think that would work?

13. CHeSHiRe-CaT

CHeSHiRe-CaT A Curious Breed

Sounds fun ^^ Hopefully I'll have some time to think up a plot, and by that time, start writing it o.o;;; Thank yew IceKing, Breezeh, and Typhlogirl @w@

14. Burnt Flower

Burnt Flower Horror Mistress

....*Eyes glow red*

I really doubt I'll be entering this contest since, quite frankly, I suck at comedy. xD

But good luck to everyone who enters and judges alike! :3

15. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

...what does fresh mean? o_o

And besides Brian Powell, the rest of sound like psychos that escaped from prison using a tunnel dug up with plastic spoons. But nice added detail that you didn't tell us about. :p

16. Kiyohime

Kiyohime Well-Known Member

WHOOP WHOOP! I'll participate! The Queen of Hell's gonan take a crack at comedy, everyone RUN! D:

17. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby The magic of Pokemon

Count me in too! I should have one ready by tomorrow!

18. ~*Nobody*~

~*Nobody*~ samonsterX

HEY I've thought up some funky and funny things! (Mind they go together? TO LATE!) Count me in to write something totaly ZANEY! *goes to writting*

19. Saffire Persian

Saffire Persian Now you see me...

Dannng, with all these awesome authors in, this is going to be one heck of a contest. *dies* XD

I feel stressed already. o.o ... *runs around*

Good luck everybody.

Edit : Yes, Kairi = Lily Pichu ^_^

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  20. Bay

Bay YEAHHHHHHH

*Read Saffire Persian's post, look back at the members that posts it, then suddenly fainted! Hehe.*

I agree with Saffire Persian. With all of these great authors coming around, this is going to be one big contest. I am not the best writer when it comes to comedy, but I am willing to try something new. Expect this one shot to be a bit on the long side though. At least I will be out from my dramatic state after writing "Heart of the Sea" and "Mori". (I love writing those stories still though!) This could be short of like a comedy club!

;134;~Good night, and good luck~