• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Laughingstock-A Comedy One Shot Contest!

Who is the Smexiest Judge?

• Total voters

Kiyohime

I don't have high hopes, so no worries. I'm only good at dry humor comedy, not crazy random stuff like Saber or Iceking.

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
And I'm sure you could study the judges' works if you have doubts about your own. They're high enough on the comedy bar that you can study their stuff and see if you can implement elements of their writing into something that is original, your own, and fits your sense of humor. I always love it when I write comedy, because even if it isn't funny to most, it makes me laugh XD

"I can feign tears so well that a dairy farmer gave me his cow out of sympathy."

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
The Cheshire Cat said:
And I'm sure you could study the judges' works if you have doubts about your own. They're high enough on the comedy bar that you can study their stuff and see if you can implement elements of their writing into something that is original, your own, and fits your sense of humor. I always love it when I write comedy, because even if it isn't funny to most, it makes me laugh XD

"I can feign tears so well that a dairy farmer gave me his cow out of sympathy."

Yeah, same here! I orginally wanted to write "Take Fifty Five" just to make myself laugh a little bit because I love comedy. I like satrical comedy so expect this story to be a lot of satire in it. (Dang it, said too much of my story already!) Even if this story will be last place, at least I know this story will make me laugh.

Oh, and I did read a little bit of Whirl Island Quest and it is quite funny. (Writes a note to remind myself to give IceKing a review when I had finished reading that story)

;134; Good night, and good luck~

Literate

black cat, black cat
I'm really bad at comedy. So I'm going to ruled... Anywho, most of my comedy isn't funny. Maybe it's my sister's high comedy bar. She only laughs at other stuff. Not mine.

I think like this:
My autobiography project said:
Believe it or not, I write. I write mainly stories of mystery or suspense, and occasionally serious humor, and poems about things in real life. But the one I have been writing the most is definitely fantasy.
Yes, serious kind humor. I just can't get it on the nail. That was me six or so months ago.

:p I just plain suck.

And I'm sure you could study the judges' works if you have doubts about your own. They're high enough on the comedy bar that you can study their stuff and see if you can implement elements of their writing into something that is original, your own, and fits your sense of humor.
I don't think I have a sense of humor... Oh well, I'll try.

~PEACE~

S

Shadowcat

I'm game.

Are we allowed to co-write with another participant? Then it'll be counted under our names?

'Tis Pike Queen, but nobody knows and everybody thinks Sapphire had disappeared, XD.

Elemental Charizam

Sudden Genre Shift
Fresh means, uh... original? Energetic without being hyper? That Fenit needed another adjective?

In any case, I'll probably give this a go. Properly, not like my ToT entry. Let's just hope it doesn't take as long for the results this time ^^ Though if they do, at least it gives me more time to bribe the judges...

IceKing

Sexorific!
Laugh out Loud Sunday...hmm that's too plagiarizing. Though Laugh out Loud Sunday is my favorite (and pretty much only) time to watch tv!

Litestars, it doesn't matter if you suck at comedy or not, you should still try out and just see how it turns out =P I was sure I sucked at horror but somehow managed 2nd place...

The Cheshire Cat....no thanks to Brian Powell o.o? And I would look forward to a comedy one shot written by you! There's plenty of time and it may even go into July

Breezy, Fresh as in Fresh Prince of Bel Air =P Trust me, you're definetely fresh. Unless your super staid and serious IRL or somein...

Scrap and FlamingRuby, I KNEW you guys would enter =D! FlamingRuby, remember you can only submit one entry *edits rules to match that* so you can wait till a few weeks before the deadline in case you decide you wrote a new one shot or had a new idea you liked better. Your PM entry is not final though.

Ooooh Dimitri, got you confused with Saber there... It will definetely be interesting reading one of your one shots 0-o

Funky and Funny is more than fine, Girl of Suicune

And yeah, there are loads of writers Saffire Persian! But alas, how many of them will actually write a one shot =P Many writers can walk the walk...but how many can do the hoky poky and turn themselves around? That is, afterall, what it is all about!

Scrap, zany super rand0mness is not always the best comedy =P I love dry at times. I'm still cracking up from Fresh Fish!

TCC, that quote definetely made me laugh. I dont know why...but it just did

Everyone has a sense of humor litestars, you just need to find a way to drive a steak through serious litestars heart!

Sapphire, co-writing should be allowed, ill double check with judges on that. EC, I dutifully await your comedy one shot ^^

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
Yaaaaaaaaaay.

I seriously don't know if I ever make anyone laugh. If I did, it'll be IRL, because of my stupid acts :D

I'll try to write something, but I don't think I'll win as long as Chesh and Scrap are in o_O;;

It doesn't hurt to try, so yeah...I'll post it when I feel like it. Though I have a few stuff at school ><

~Timid Kyogre

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Hello, all. Brian Powell here, the guy who makes a variety of fics, namely TR ones. As you may have read from IceKing (I’d type down ‘heard from’ but you didn’t hear anything :p), I’m the only sane judge out of the four people and I’ll try to tame the other three the best I can, even if it means sending them to a mental institute. XP

I checked out the list of possible entries on this thread and I’m a bit surprised that we got a bunch so far. A thought came to mind, which is quite eerie, the winner is going to be one of you lot. ^^

I hope to read some good one-shots soon. Have fun and a good laugh writing these one-shots, knock us dead (not literally), and I wish you all good luck. ^_^

Last edited:

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Opps, sorry IceKing. I guess I got a little hyper about this contest. So excited!

I got one suggestion. Would you guys update on which participants' comedy one shots have been turned in, so that at least we know you guys had it and also the participants wouldn't keep asking if their entries had been taken or not? Just a suggestion.

Well, nothing else to say right now except good luck to everyone!

;134;~Good night, and good luck~

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Well, since I'm not out of the rut yet... *spreads arms, cracking the bones* I just got to choose a plot...

katiekitten

The Compromise
*Goggles* So many participants this time! It will be a tough competition. Good luck every one!

Meh, the problem with my idea, is that as it is the beginning of the story, (the prologue) it might not be that funny at all... *contemplates* I might have to choose another idea. :(

Edit: I can now say that after an hour of pacing, (literally. XD) I have sorted out my idea. :)

Last edited:

Moonlight Locust

Wait, am I back? Wow
Well I might enter this!Watch out for three thigs:Random,Just Plain Crazy and Non-Funny.

Now as fans of TRS know Meowth is normally my comic releif character.But not this time.I'll choose another character and make it be hilarious!Oh that gives me an idea.Oh no I lost it.Hahah!Good luck!
-Blue Meowth;manafi;

IceKing

Sexorific!
Bay, a list has been added to the first post =P So far we have FlamingRuby, still unsure about The Big Al. FELLOW JUDGES! *cracks whip* Respond to my PM!

Oooh, Seijiro doing comedy =P However, I must remind you of the Rated R limitation =P THAT MEANS NO YOU-KNOW-WHOS IN YOU-KNOW-WHAT!

Katiekitten, you do know this is a ONE SHOT contest, right? Worried about you having a prologue there.

Good luck coming up with ideas yall! You have a month! Speaking of which, I think I'll try and write my very first comedy one shot tonight

katiekitten

The Compromise
Yeah. XD

I was thinking it could be a one shot/ prologue... XD It will be a story on its own, but it could lead to another if I wanted to. :)

It shall be a spoof of... __________ <- Watch that space. XD

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
lmfao, I just looked over the plot for my one-shot, and I just realized there is so much sick and brutal humor in it that it'd never be able to be PG-13, unless it had HUGE HUGE MASS amounts of parental guidance XD I'll just write it for entertainment, though :p

PDL

disenchanted
Scrap said:
I don't have high hopes, so no worries. I'm only good at dry humor comedy, not crazy random stuff like Saber or Iceking.

I actually love that sort of humour over random stuff, since randomness can very easily spiral out of control and drive itself into a ditch of unfunny crap.

I'm not saying random humour is bad, but don't overdue the random.

the title of the contest could be called "Comedy Shooting Range" since it is about a bunch of one-shots ;)

Last edited:

IceKing

Sexorific!
TCC, as long as its not overly smexeh, I don't mind adult humor too much =P In fact, it would be wonderful to have some brutal sadistic humor considering how that's one of my favorite kinds. I was thinking about writing a sadistic humor fic, a sequel to A Scarlet Christmas: The Easter Bunny's Vengeance but was like nahhh....

PDL, I agree with you about randomness best in small doses...as for comedy shooting range....No

I await your one shot comedy royale! It seems a lot of people are interested in joining! Watch us get 30 entries and have to rank/judge em all...<_<

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
I was thinking about writing a sadistic humor fic, a sequel to A Scarlet Christmas: The Easter Bunny's Vengeance but was like nahhh...

o.o ...

Aww, why not? :D

It could be like... Easter with very angry Chansey, (Or Rampant Exeggcute) and they could like.. be at war with Santa or something over which holiday should be more important. 0.o Granted... Santa's probably very much dead by now. XD

Kaboom! o.o

... XD Sorry.

Anyway o.o I look forward to all the good competition - it's good incentive to do my best.