• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Laughingstock-A Comedy One Shot Contest!

Who is the Smexiest Judge?

• Total voters

IceKing

Sexorific!
I've already started on my one-shot...is there a page limit?

Considering how long A Scarlet Christmas is, nope XD But still, try limiting yourself to 30-40 pages on Word. Thats the rough equivalent of a short story by Jack London or F. Scott Fitzgerald I think.

And Saff, I was thinking more the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Haloween Lickitung throw a party for Santa Clause to find he doesnt attend...and set out to revive him with black magic!

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
Ahhh, thanks, IceKing XD I'll keep writing it, and either way, I'll get it approved/disapproved by the judges first. Lot of senseless/accidental killing, embryos, and old men watching triple-x Pokemon videos XD Not graphic, of course o.o;;

...this is probably the most sick idea I will ever have XD

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Geezus, I leave for a few days and you rack up three pages of posts?!? O___________o

Everyone thinks I'm hyper. Haha, silly little frogs. ^_______^

Am I supposed to like, introduce myself or something? o_O Okay well, I'm Typhlogirl, and I'm the final judge of teh contest. I'm aiming to be a Simon Cowell type figure. >=) So watch out.

No, not really. XD

Anyway, TK, for your question, I would presume it's supposed to be pokemon only, but I'll leave that up to IceKing as he's the head judge...guy.

LOLZ MY GRAMMAR IS TEH GOODZ. :)

-;157;

IceKing

Sexorific!
Anyway, TK, for your question, I would presume it's supposed to be pokemon only, but I'll leave that up to IceKing as he's the head judge...guy.

Haha...I was thinking about the same thing the other day and was gonna PM you guys bout it. I personally think we should allow non-pokemon fics mainly because they're always so rejected. But the problem is if its about a subject one of the judges knows nothing about (i.e., me and Naruto. Don't like anime...), then it may cause bias in ranking. So, what do you other judges think? Allow or Disallow?

Ahhh, thanks, IceKing XD I'll keep writing it, and either way, I'll get it approved/disapproved by the judges first. Lot of senseless/accidental killing, embryos, and old men watching triple-x Pokemon videos XD Not graphic, of course o.o;;

...this is probably the most sick idea I will ever have XD

Well, Mr. Tereinto, carry on!

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Typhlogirl said:
Am I supposed to like, introduce myself or something? o_O Okay well, I'm Typhlogirl, and I'm the final judge of teh contest. I'm aiming to be a Simon Cowell type figure. >=) So watch out.
I thought I was the Simon Cowell of the judges. I can be a 'little' harsh and firm at times when it comes to reviewing.

Typhlogirl said:
LOLZ MY GRAMMAR IS TEH GOODZ. :)
I pretty much doubt that. :p

Last edited:

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Originally Posted by Brian Powell
I prett much doubt that. :p

;_;

Meh, you're probably right. XDD...;_;

As for non- pokemon fics, I believe we should disallow. Because if we do allow, then subjects could be entered that some judges love/hate/have NFI what its about. At least with pokemon we can be fair.

...you had to add a poll, didn't you Iceking?

-;157;

S

Shadowcat

Smexy means personality, and Typhlogirl's got the best one out of all.

Damn you and your bloody polls.

Poowey, no Romance Soap Opera Comedy. *had planned to put other anime characters into that fic*

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
I was planning on writing a normal fic, as in, not related to any book, series etc. o_O So, is it a yes or a no?

IceKing likes polls o_O I voted for Typhlogirl, cause well...she's crazy.

PEANUT BUTTER.

I'm thinking of ending my posts with Peanut butter instead of Timid Kyogre...

Nah.

~Timid Kyogre

Last edited:

IceKing

Sexorific!
Of course I had to add a poll XD And smexy means personality 0_0? I thought it meant that its so sexy that it needs an extra m! So far, us guys are lagging behind ;(

I think I agree with you TG. It should relate to pokemon to prevent judge bias, but I think we can allow original entries like TK's since it does have no bias involved.

Moonlight Locust

Wait, am I back? Wow
How many pages at least?What I mean is no less than what amount of pages?Yeah I sill haven't started and cool originality can be put in!No pokémon needed if it's based on uh randome stuff!That's uh cool.
-Blue Meowth;manafi;

Elemental Charizam

Sudden Genre Shift
Before I get to work, can I ask one thing of you all?

CHEASENUT KAMIKAZE BUNNY!

Who found that funny?

If you didn't, then hooray! If you did... ;-;

IceKing

Sexorific!
CHEASENUT KAMIKAZE BUNNY!

Who found that funny?

If you didn't, then hooray! If you did... ;-;

Umm...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah /samewayilaughwheniseebritishsitcoms

Yeah

And Blue Meowth, check the rules concerning length limit =P

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Oh, shove it, mr. Jynx. You know as well as I that I do write pure comedy stuff.

By the way, you owe me a review.

Never actually written a fic before, but this might be just the impetus I need to get a fic off the ground. Will you allow a one-shot that will be the first of a long series of related one-shots that bear little continuity between each other? It would be called The Adventures of Sceptile Bob: The Leafy Stones!

IceKing

Sexorific!
What review Seijiro, =P?

And IMS, I suppose I'll allow that. If any other judges object...then screw you guys. Nah, just playing, just tell me and I'll be sure to replace you

And please look at this comic that I found that is also on the rules...

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
*Looks at the comic*

Hehehehe! I really like that little comic! There should be more of those!

Also, this contest has a name-"Laughingstock"! (Sorry about that. I did not get home tonight until nine o' clock).

Can't wait to see how this contest will go!

;134;~Good night, and good luck~