• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Laughter and Tears (Round Two)

The thread seems to have dissappeared, but if I overlooked it, please merge this with the old one.

Have you ever seen a random wi-fi team that you think is going to be a joke, but then you feel totally embarrassed by the fact you lost to it at the end?

Do you have a team that would probably be laughed at when you battle someone, but it wins anyway?

Discuss...

I battled a team like this last night. It was on random wi-fi, and it was an all shiny team, and ALL of the opponents Pokemon were Purple! My opponent only had to use two of his three pokes in our singles battle to own me. The opponent had a Quagsire lead, and a Honchcrow. The rest of his battle card contained Vaporeon, Yanmega, Wobbuffette, and Swampert.

I lost using my ScarfJirachi lead, Skarmory, and Dragonite.

I have a match like that. It actually happened last night on a Wi-fi Battle.

I defeated a team consisting of Electivire, Dialga, and Darkrai with an Eeveelution team. At the end of about 8 rounds, Dialga and Darkrai had about 80% health, Electivire was at full health, and Vaporean and Leafeon were already out cold. My Jolteon only had about 15% health left.

But due to careful planning and my opponent constantly switching his pokemon, I managed to narrowly escape defeat.

I actually expected to lose, but I wanted to have a battle with an Eeveelution team "just once" before I go back to using a serious team. I was laughing when I actually pulled off the victory.

I don't know if this belongs here, but I actually had just the opposite once. I was running my SD team once in preparation for Worlds, and I got paired up with a Kyogre/Ludicolo lead. If it wasn't for the fact that you can't "Reject" pairing up with a team, I would have DCd, but I'm not like that.

Anyway, my SD team VS his AUTO RAIN Team....here goes...nothing...

I was pretty sure his Kyogre would be scarfed and his Ludicolo would have SS so they would just steamroll me...but...neither was the case??!?!? I used SD+SB and 1HKOd his Kyogre!??! Then I turned it on Ludicolo who DIDN'T protect, and switched in my Zapdos and just Discharged+SBd his team into oblivion. I don't think I lost a single poke?!?!?

Guess he was just some noob? I reall thought I'd only last 2-3 turns.

OvErLoRd Darkspine

Dictator of Hoenn
Some guy attempted to use a Suicune, a Togekiss, and a Tyranitar against me.

I swept with an Infernape, believe it or not. At first, I thought I had gotten extremely lucky, but we battled again, and he lost again.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
A while back, I ran into a guy using a set similar to Volden's when you first fight him.(He was even dressed like Volden.) The difference was that all the Pokemon were at their highest evolution. (Electrivire, Steelix, Machamp, Rotom, Metagross, Carnivine). Since I always fight in Crystal Colosseum for PokeCoupons and was running my Uber/OU team at the time, I wasn't worried.

I lost 6-0 0_o.

I still wonder if that team was a hack, because I seriously doubt a Rotom with Thunderbolt could OHKO a Blissey without a critical hit. Or that a Carnivine could 2KO a Kyogre with Vine Whip. (-_-')

A while back, I ran into a guy using a set similar to Volden's when you first fight him.(He was even dressed like Volden.) The difference was that all the Pokemon were at their highest evolution. (Electrivire, Steelix, Machamp, Rotom, Metagross, Carnivine). Since I always fight in Crystal Colosseum for PokeCoupons and was running my Uber/OU team at the time, I wasn't worried.

I lost 6-0 0_o.

I still wonder if that team was a hack, because I seriously doubt a Rotom with Thunderbolt could OHKO a Blissey without a critical hit. Or that a Carnivine could 2KO a Kyogre with Vine Whip. (-_-')

Yeah...They were obvious hacks. +SpAtk nature Rotom can't even 2HKO neutral SpAtk nature Bliss unless they are both crit hits.

The Carnivine has the potential to pull off the 2HKO though, but only if it is running a +Atk nature, and only if Groudon is NOT running a +Def nature.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
i plan on making a rather funny team. Two actually.

One is 'Bronzong madness' a team of six Bronzong, each performing a vital role to the team.

The Other is 'Team Captain Falcon' with pokemon like Swellow, Blaziken, Hitmonchan, Dusknoir, Breloom, and Moltres. i don't care if the team wins or loses, i'd do it for sh!ts and giggles.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
I came across someone with 2 Ludicolo and a Yanmega and i obliderated Yanmega then his blasted Ludicolo had ice beam,leech seed, double team and synthesis and i got decimated...:(

ZanderR110

Northern Darkness
Came across a team of 6 Froslass. Once they saw my Scizor, they immediately gave in.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Not too long ago... well possibly about a few weeks ago, me and my friend emerald18 had 2 battles (and only 2 battles because of too much lag). On the second battle, he used an Uber team of 6 Lugias against me after I claimed my victory in the first battle (our battles were Lv. 50 all Singles, btw). The team that I used were 1 BL tier Pokemon (Shaymin Land Forme), 2 NU tier Pokemon (my shinies, Floatzel and Lopunny), and 3 OU tier Pokemon (Lucario, Togekiss, and Jirachi). To be honest, I thought I'd already lose so quickly... but surprisingly, I still claimed my victory (6-3). xD

I mostly thank my Jirachi and Togekiss for their use of Paraflinching tactics (Thunder Wave and Zen Headbutt / Air Slash), Jirachi's Stealth Rock, Floatzel's Crunch (though it didn't survive long due to being torn apart by Psycho Boost at the same turn because of his very low Special Defense stat) and Lucario's Shadow Claw (he also didn't survive much longer due to massive use of Earthquake). Of course I also thank the rest of my Pokemon, which is Lopunny's Return and Fire Punch attacks and Shaymin's Leech Seed. ^-^;

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
A person had all raticates. I thought it would be easy...

The first one endured to a salac berry then started using reversal.
The 2nd one was a choice scarf revenge killer.
The 3rd one I never got to see because I had lost by then.