• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lavender Town Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can easily tell it's fake once it says that stuff about the dead guy and the whitehand thing, to program that stuff onto something as ancient as Red and Green would be amazingly difficult to pull off as creepy as you would need to make someone commit suicide. Other than that pretty good read. The theme from green really didn't bother me that much, just kind of started making me more annoyed than I was at that moment.

Uberiffic

Mence > Garchomp
I never even listen to the music in the games, but this freaked me out. I read it at 11:30 and i'm afraid to go to bed. I'm a big scaredy cat, but still.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
It's a nice story but it can not really happen in the reality.

Lavender's never been similar to this description, that's fake. The last part was good, though...

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Okay... You scared me out of my wits. (I'm a scaredy cat though, but I am still creeped out). I believe the tree in my back yard has taken the shape of a face... with a Plusle-like ear coming out the top of the head... :( So scared...

It's REALLY REALLY REALLY fake isn't it, because if it's real I won't play Generation I, II, or III again!

This wasn't too scary. It's just a song. But maybe it's because of the whole 'only young people can hear 'it''.

The story did freak me out a bit however. I love stories like that.

Last edited:

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
This wasn't too scary. It's just a song. But maybe it's because of the whole 'only young people can hear 'it''.

The story did freak me out however. I love stories like that.
The story freaked me out, but not the music. It was unsettling, but not too unsettling, and I just played along on FR. I have heard the R/B/Y song, though, and it's not scary.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I remember someone posting about this on some other forum months ago. Most of it is fictional, just stuff written to pass the time. As for the rumored deaths and illnesses that some kids who played in Lavender Town attained, I don't think anyone can prove that these things happened without a doubt but it does make for an interesting story lol. I think we'd all like to think that there could have been a more sinister side to the Pokemon games, maybe things would have been different if that were the case :p

Last edited:

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
lol, this is fiction but I have heard cases of Lavender Town causing illness.

Which is why in FRLG they removed the high pitch notes because they apparently rattled the stirrup (one of the smallest bones in your ear) too much. So it caused a headache. Or I read this on another forum anyways.

Sorry for ruining the theories :)

idioteque

That was really cool, nothing to do with Lavender Town music, haha, but still interesting. What if a programmer could program a subliminal message into a game that was that intense? Not saying what happened in the FanFic, but something more realistic?

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
I gotta say, that's pretty stupid. Reading the original story posted, I was at first doubtful when Lavender itself was claimed innocent and had nothing to do with whatever horror story was to happen afterward. At the last part it wasn't even disturbing, just really ridiculous of the sort that you'd find in one of the less inspired Goosebumps... but whatever. So yeah, I'm not really wetting my pants or anything. (Of course, assuming that story was true, it also brings up the question of what would appear had you not lost any loved ones at the time you played. I guess it should just drive you suicidal.)

Also, just to throw this out there, I listened to the music on YouTube wearing sound-cancelling headphones. My thirteen-year-old ears didn't pick up any demonic sounds, though it was slightly unnerving, just like the English copy of Red blasting Lavender Town music in front of me right now...

Last edited:

GilligBoi

That music always gave me the creeps but I listened to it and I am not suicidal or crazy. I think that it's probably fake or it would have been on the news (that the guy shot himself and all those kids comitted suicide I mean really- when the first movie came out and people got seizures it was all over the news).

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
A very nice way to kill 15 minutes. I always loved the eeriness of the Lavendar Town music but it never drove me to suicide. This post is proof of that.

GilligBoi

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Wow, I watch loads of horror movies, grew up with watching/reading horror movie/stories, and that scared the living crap out of me. Except once I got to the part where the detective tested it out, and ended up killing himself, I was just like "yeah right ..." But up until that point, wow I was sitting on the edge of my seat. I heard this tiny cracking sound outside and jumped. And that stuff is rare for me, I'm never a scardey cat. >.<

I don't own the original Red/Green versions, so I really can't say from experience if the music messes with me. But for some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some "subliminal" stuff in a lot of video games .. It sounds crazy, but at the same time, hard to rule out completely.

Anyhoo, I still love the Lavender Town theme. But then again, I'm only listening to the English version, so maybe that's why I'm safe ... jk. :3

tom-tom

Furret <3
I remember when I was first getting into Pokemon, the first time I went into Lavender Town in Blue Version I was scared so I just left the city.

shatteredrose

I gotta say, that's pretty stupid. Reading the original story posted, I was at first doubtful when Lavender itself was claimed innocent and had nothing to do with whatever horror story was to happen afterward. At the last part it wasn't even disturbing, just really ridiculous of the sort that you'd find in one of the less inspired Goosebumps... but whatever. So yeah, I'm not really wetting my pants or anything. (Of course, assuming that story was true, it also brings up the question of what would appear had you not lost any loved ones at the time you played. I guess it should just drive you suicidal.)

Also, just to throw this out there, I listened to the music on YouTube wearing sound-cancelling headphones. My thirteen-year-old ears didn't pick up any demonic sounds, though it was slightly unnerving, just like the English copy of Red blasting Lavender Town music in front of me right now...
Thank you, Giratina!, for having some sense! The story was hardly creepy and poorly written. This sums it up perfectly: "Really ridiculous of the sort that you'd find in one of the less inspired Goosebumps." And really, the lavender town music sounds the same to me as it did when I was 8 (I'm quite a bit older than that now)!

Status
Not open for further replies.