• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lavender Town Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
hey my first pokemon game is crystal version. i feel that lavender town is creepy that is why i don't visit there often.

the ghosts scared me alot that time. and i feel very sad for cubone mommy. i heard the songs from red and goodness the bgm made my ears pain! blue is ok.

however suicide from this? oh come on. it cannot even compare to see a suicide yourself.

vevemon!

90774 PWN 7H3M 4LL
That 'Police Report' story is not very good. It's good until you get to the end, then it's just plain stupid :/

The files data, of course, is totally fake, as GB games do not use any of those formats. I mean, if you want to scare someone, get your facts straight and know what you're talking about.

However, the Lavender Town Tone is something I feel strongly about. Why? Because:
1) Strangely, I have been addicted to Green's ( or 1st release Red's ) version, and don't bother listening to the others. I prefer it much more.
2) Whenever I do infact listen to Green's Lavender theme I get a headache, start to feel a bit dizzy, and some other strange feelings
3) Despite that fact I keep on coming back to the song and only that one.

Supposedly these frequencies are not able to be heard by people my age, but the description of this frequency ( or at least what I have read ) is a grinding, sort of high-pitched sound.

Call me crazy, but I have never had these symptoms whenever I listened to the Blue/Red ( 2nd or translated release )
Also, take note on the pitch in both versions. Some people tell me they can't here it, but there is a difference, and to me it is big.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
So, I'm not the only one a little afraid to grab for their own cartridge of Pokemon Red/Blue now, am I?

(Listening to the old Lavendar Town music now, it is irritating my head a little.....)

-Shuckle-

I liak pogeymanz
Well ill never go to lavender town again :eek: That was really freakie though... Good thing its fake haha!

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Hey, I know this is fake and all, but regarding the changing of the music on Pokemon Blue, last night I played it, went to Lavender Town, and I still heard those "popping" noises in the background.

Last edited:

vevemon!

90774 PWN 7H3M 4LL
I'm pretty sure ( as far as this possibly all even being a hoax ) that the frequency was changed only slightly so as to not mess up the original melody of the song in the first place. Even if you change the tone of something in a song only by a little it can sometimes still have a dramatic change.

Some people may not notice it, while others will.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
It was interesting until the whole children from the grave come back out of the Gameboy. Then it was just like wow.

The buried man thing sounds like another one of those weird cheats that people liked to post when R/B/Y first came out.

The Lavender Tone is the most "real" one, because it is true different sounds can affect how one reacts. Ex: The Mosquito ringtones etc. I doubt it would cause kids to kill themselves, again this is all fiction to add some "spoke" to Pokemon.

IMO Suicidal Mickey Mouse, Dead Bart, and Squidwards Suicide were creepier then this.

7 tyranitars

this somehow reminds of what a friend told me about the 'hungarian suicide song' it is said if you hear it once you want to kill yourself :S I don't believe it, but hey you never know :S

Well, I think it was a good read. Quite chilling to read at 1am, I doubt the writer intended for people to believe it, it's just too ridiculous but entertaining all the same.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
It's Haunted! There's a ghost haunting the game of Lavender Town!

Lol anyways I bet Supernatural (The show) could do a very well version of this if they tried it (Ghost Whisperer already had a ghost inside a game, Online but still). Now I want Supernatural to do an Urban Myth of that lol (They have done plenty of Urban Myths before).

Anyways I might just bring out Blue and listen to it, see if there's any difference in LG. I don't think Red or Firered are up to that, and doubt SS/HG/G/C/S would have it.

pwnageyeah

Creepy pokemon myths.

I really do fine these myth hilarious. ITS A GAME! I've listened to the very first song in lavender town with binaural tones, it sounds like a big hive of bees and its very distictive. The tones are said to cause sickness because the frequencies irritate the eardrums and that causes headaches. I do admit though that i did feel sick after listening to it a couple times. but i dont think a games music would be enough to kill anyone. And the thing that says if you run into mew in the first part of the game that you battle with a dead relative.. I find that to be fake. think about it. haha. if pokemon games was this incredible, communicating with ghosts (i do not believe in ghosts im just saying.) and being able to produce a tone so powerfull it kills children, the creator must have been a real genious. I sound so critical..haha.
Another myth i found interesting is the buried alive model. i dont know if its real or not but im presuming it may be real, but maybe less graphic as people describe. The pokemon 731 that you can find in a certain patch of grass... its real. but it is only in the very first japanese models of the game. so its most likely it doesnt exist anymore. If you try to catch it, yes, it will freeze your game, but you CAN turn it off and it will work again.

My uncle helps with games programming... He's also created hacks for games like pokemon, sims, and yugi-oh. And he's observes many first-generation pokemon games.

Thank you for reading my boring lecture on pokemon ;) ;328;;113;

pwnageyeah

Creepy pokemon myths.

I really do fine these myth hilarious. ITS A GAME! I've listened to the very first song in lavender town with binaural tones, it sounds like a big hive of bees and its very distictive. The tones are said to cause sickness because the frequencies irritate the eardrums and that causes headaches. I do admit though that i did feel sick after listening to it a couple times. but i dont think a games music would be enough to kill anyone. And the thing that says if you run into mew in the first part of the game that you battle with a dead relative.. I find that to be fake. think about it. haha. if pokemon games was this incredible, communicating with ghosts (i do not believe in ghosts im just saying.) and being able to produce a tone so powerfull it kills children, the creator must have been a real genious. I sound so critical..haha.
Another myth i found interesting is the buried alive model. i dont know if its real or not but im presuming it may be real, but maybe less graphic as people describe. The pokemon 731 that you can find in a certain patch of grass... its real. but it is only in the very first japanese models of the game. so its most likely it doesnt exist anymore. If you try to catch it, yes, it will freeze your game, but you CAN turn it off and it will work again.

My uncle helps with games programming... He's also created hacks for games like pokemon, sims, and yugi-oh. And he's observes many first-generation pokemon games.

Thank you for reading my boring lecture on pokemon ;) ;328;;113;

Skydra

Listening to Pokemon music causing DEATH? More likely Justin Bieber music would do that (bad joke).

Obviously fabricated, of course, as we all know. 200 children dying from a game?

I don't care whether this is true or not but im not using my pokemon blue anymore. And when im in lavender town in soulsilver ill be switching into my bike to change the music from now on.

Ah man

That story was very freaky before it adopted that unrealistic narration type... er.... narration.
I'm very proud of myself working out that the words written on chi-something's walls was to do with the wild grass and prof oak. Thank good for 2 play throughs of that game and many many playthroughs of leaf green :D ;330;

Kingmate

Im 14 and just listened to this tune.

My ears feel a little 'odd' but I dont want to kill myself=D.But dont make me listen to that ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.