1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Lavender town theme

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by Arvis, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arvis

Arvis

Did the lavender town theme ever freak you out as a kid?

2. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

I don't believe it ever did. I was watching X-Files to begin with anyway, so I probably didn't even bat an eye at the music.

Pokémon Tower's another story, though... at least the Marowak ghost anyway.

3. Moonlight Amaryllis

Moonlight Amaryllis ♪smoke and mirrors♪

Sort of. *shivers* I vowed to never play FireRed at night, because I lose sleep over things like that easily.

4. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Not really. The Lavender Town theme has always sounded more sad than scary to me.

5. PerishCount

PerishCount Active Member

Sorry if we're not allowed to talk about this, but I have a feeling this is going to lead towards a Lavender Town Syndrome discussion.

6. Moonlight Amaryllis

My apologies as well, but is that like Hinamizawa Syndrome?

7. PerishCount

I actually don't know what that is, so sorry. ^_^'

Anyways, Lavender Town Syndrome is a rumor that anyone who listens to the Orignal Lavender Town music will commit suicide because they get the game taken away when they've become addicted to the song. It's kind of hard to explain, so you should probably google it.

8. Moonlight Amaryllis

Hinamizawa Syndrome=Higurashi. Sorry.

Really? *shivers* That sounds horrible. Creepypasta reference?

9. YinYang

YinYang Fire and Shadows

Not really. It was still downright odd either way. Also, good old Creepypasta.

10. ☭Secret_Shocker☭

☭Secret_Shocker☭ Well-Known Member

Not quite. I was sort of used to spooky music.

11. RaZoR LeAf

RaZoR LeAf Night Terror

No. Besides, there is volume control on the gameboy. Don't like it, turn it off.

12. arceus03

arceus03 Well-Known Member

I've read two versions of it; one regards to the music having a higher pitch and whatnot and the other one is about when the game just starts. I must say the second one is pretty creepy XD

On topic, though, I actually like the music very much. Not so in the 4th/3rd Gen remakes, but the GBC music from Crystal. I have no idea though how the music was from the 1st Gen.

13. abrar14

abrar14 Statter Master

Nope

10charsssssss

14. Necro101

Necro101 Well-Known Member

No it never freaked me out... I found it cool... It was also my favorite Kanto town... I feel ashamed now:(

RAWK ON

15. PerishCount

It's sort of a creepypasta. It had to do with there being high-pitched binaural beats.

16. The Joker.

The Joker. Gone.

I did, as a child, rush through the lavender town section of the game and turned down the volume when i was there. But when I got older I started to really like the place and just listen to its tune...

17. gb3

gb3 Member

I never played one but i think that the game are cool

18. Electricbluewolf

Electricbluewolf Fʟᴇsʜʏ Bᴏᴡs

I heard there was actually 2 cases of children having hearing problems because they listened to the lavender town music (in gen 1 games) and the pitch cause problems.

As a child, I thought nothing of it, but no haven seen creepy videos/read creepypastas on it, it gets iffy.

19. o_o
    *is very scared*
    I was/am really scared of Lavender Town's theme, I would never hear it at night. X.x

20. nathandg0924

nathandg0924 Back in the meantime

It didn't creep me out or anything like that, but I admit, the theme's pretty sad and creepy at the same time. Sure I don't like it, but it kinda fits the place being home to a cemetery and all...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.