• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lavender town theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

G50

No longer posting
It used to be too high pitched for my liking, so I would always have the volume very low. As I got older, I would keep the volume where I have it for the other towns and cities of the game.

destinydude000

The Awesome Dude
Yeah!
I've also read that the original song made japanese Children commit suicide, because of the high frequency of the song!!!
Creeeeeeeepy!!!

Kalosian

So long
Not from what I can remember. I found it a bit annoying at times, but that's about it. Although I like it a lot better now compared to when I was younger.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It didn't necessarily freak me out. It's more like it made me sad. That's why I usually turned the sound off whenever I had to visit Lavender Town. But I've grown to like it recently.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
I really like the theme, but i was listening to it at school and i put the volume on max. One of my friends got such a shock leaving the room he forgot to open the door of the classroom!!

blackterminator3

I will come out in the open with the gospel truth. When I was 10 playing Lavendar Town's theme not only freaked me out, but it made me cry, but I still manage to get through the rest of the town. :(

Dazadar

Hello. I am resceaching about ''Creepypastas'' and this is one of them.. this theme did not freak me out when i was a kid.. but it give me a headics.. because the ''theme'' was high pitched that caus headics. thats why there was a.. lets say.. huge trauma in japan, and also there is hidin message.. if you have right program you can see ''Ghost and Unknow's'' and they spell ''Leave now''.. there is hidin message that i dont understand yet.. was that the part that drives kid a nuts?

CraftyPie

The Serp
It kinda scared me. I was listening to the Red/Green original version and it immediately gave me a headache the other day.mso I don't really like it.

Durbe

I'm tired
Yeah!
I've also read that the original song made japanese Children commit suicide, because of the high frequency of the song!!!
Creeeeeeeepy!!!

That's a made-up Creepypasta story. It's fake.

Anyway, it is a little creepy due to the high-pitch, and have given me a headache when I first listened to it. After that I didn't mind it as much as I used to.

uprockingdude

Veteran Breeder
its been 14 years and I can still hear the tune but yeah it creeped the hell out of me at 1st because all the other songs are so happy and catchy then you come across that slow paced tune however yeah I love that tune surprised someone hasn't sampled it yet tbh however the FR/LG tunes was no where near as good as the R/B/Y lavender tunes

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
The music did scare me that is why in yellow before I fly to Lavender Town I turn the volume off and get outta there as soon as possible.

GregoryZoroark

Pokemon Master
Everybody please calm down, it is creepy, I give it that, but... most of those rumors aren't true. No, children did not actually commit suicide, they just threw up and had earaches, because they had there volumes up and were listening threw earphones, but I admit, I was almost in tears from being creeped out with Red/Blue. But the rumors aren't true, its just freaking creepy.

Reborn_Silver

the Radiant Dawn
Hello. I am resceaching about ''Creepypastas'' and this is one of them.. this theme did not freak me out when i was a kid.. but it give me a headics.. because the ''theme'' was high pitched that caus headics. thats why there was a.. lets say.. huge trauma in japan, and also there is hidin message.. if you have right program you can see ''Ghost and Unknow's'' and they spell ''Leave now''.. there is hidin message that i dont understand yet.. was that the part that drives kid a nuts?

Nope. what happened was:

The "producer" of the game put a message in, that happened with 104 copies in the game: A message would come up, like: "Come, follow me, follow me, my wife, my children, all gone" and whatever, and most of the kids committed suicide, with either shoving their entire arms down their troats, or sticking their heads in an oven, or sawing off their limbs.

Of course, it's a creepypasta. Fake.

Kievs

Nope. what happened was:

The "producer" of the game put a message in, that happened with 104 copies in the game: A message would come up, like: "Come, follow me, follow me, my wife, my children, all gone" and whatever, and most of the kids committed suicide, with either shoving their entire arms down their troats, or sticking their heads in an oven, or sawing off their limbs.

Of course, it's a creepypasta. Fake.

That's one version. I have heard that quite simply there was a tone in the original Japanese Red/Green composition that was at a high frequency that caused headaches among many Japanese children. It might have even been a case where it was high enough that older people couldn't hear it, it was so high. They removed that part of the music for the American versions however.

Thats the more realistic version of the "Lavender Town Syndrome" that I heard...

DJ-Star-Knight

Star Knight
I found the original Lavender town theme to be really calming. :D
I just find it kind of sad that it was given such a bad rep (for what ever reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.