1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Laws you want to be changed.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by Lulamoon, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lulamoon

Lulamoon Cheese for everyone!

This is mostly to help with my homework, but I think it would be interesting to see what people think.

What laws do you want changed, added, or removed and why?

I'd prefer something other than "lower the drinking age," "legalize this drug" (specifically marijuana), or "legalize gay marriage."

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. madisoncm

madisoncm Bronzong hugs!

I'd change the Utah rule "It is illegal not to drink milk." And the Canadian rule that is very annoying. "It is illegal to climb trees." I still do climb trees.

3. Imagine

Imagine ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴜᴛᴏᴘɪᴀ

Well, I'd like to have smoking made illegal. Even though there are signs all around that say it's a "non-smoking area," it isn't like it can completely prevent people from smoking there, unless they're constantly being watched. Besides, nothing good comes out of smoking anyway. It eats away at your lifespan while shortening those of others. Cigarette buttes are being thrown everywhere except in trash cans. It's getting really irritating.

4. CutestPikachuEver

CutestPikachuEver I most powerful pika

for me

Hunting should be illigal. i just think its wrong to kill animals for fun. Not being rude or anything to the people who hunt but I think that its just sad. Thats my opinion. feel free to disagree with it. but soon, animals will get revenge! revenge, i tell you.

5. Raikou_fan

Raikou_fan Well-Known Member

Well, I haven't been in much contact with the law, but some things I would like to see changed are:

- Smoking should be made illegal.
    - Bring back Prohibition. Alcohol is one of the biggest killers in the world. Aside from just being bad for your health, there are MANY deaths involving an innocent person caused by alcohol. (ex. drunk drivers)
    - It's illegal to go whaling in Oklahoma... WHAT THE HECK?!?!

6. Lord Scalgon

Lord Scalgon What title?

If the courts voted to lower the drinking age, we'd undergo all sorts of problems, like increased number of fatalities through drunk driving. I'm still not sure how UK and Canada manages all this despite a lower drinking age. But after all, America is more populated than the two countries I mentioned.

7. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

Lol. Smoking will never be banned.
    I smoke. :X Yes it's terrible, but eh.

But anyways. I'm going with the obvious, and the ones that should totally not be here at all.

Marijuana should be legal. (not all drugs I understand) ..but having weed illegal is ridiculous.

And ..the drinking age should be 18. Cause ..I can get charged as an adult at 18, but can't drink, because apparently 'my brain isn't done developing till 21.' ...So can't I just say when I do a crime, if they try to arrest me, that I did this crime because my brain is not yet done developing?
    ^ ..Not being totally serious. Just saying, that's what they make it out to be. :\ So stupid.

8. goldgolem

goldgolem tell me when to go

i'd like those signs saying, "restricted parking from XX:XX - XX:XX(the time restrictions) on Y(and the day restrictions) on them to be changed because it seems so annoying to look for a parking space with one of those signs...

9. peacebone

peacebone Member

you people are terrible if you think smoking should be banned, that is a breach upon the founding freedoms of this country, just because you don't smoke doesn't mean everyone shouldn't. It's already bad enough it's banned in all public places, so stop *****ing. anyways they should lower the drinking age to 18 because if you are old enough to die for your country you should be able to have some alcohol.

10. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

I think I'm in love.

11. Mr. Mudkip

Mr. Mudkip Banned

But prohibition was like the governments biggest backfire ever.
    It was terrible. Huge increase in crime rates. Why do you think it was repealled?

12. Treeconator11

Treeconator11 Ultranumb

Probation failed anyway. Many companies disgused their beer, presricipitions for medicinal booze were easily forged, and bootleg companies were in full swing. And that's why it failed.

13. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

If anyone mentions smoking or drinking, they'll get flamed to hell and back. That's a given.

But to add on to the probation deal, the death rate increased between the 18th and 21st Amendments enactments partly because people were trying to make the stuff at home, with no experience whatsoever.

I say just get rid of the laws that have no logic behind them whatsoever. Laws like those that prohibit whaling in Oklahoma, tying an alligator to a fire hydrant, prohibiting unmarried women from parachuting on Sundays, forbidding someone to keep an ice cream cone in their pocket, Nashville bans anyone under 18 from playing PINBALL, a city in Nebraska prohibits people from picking up hitchhikers who are over 40 years of age and/or over 250 pounds, the law where it says its illegal to commit a crime and attend a movie theater on the same day (guess where that originated from), random stuff like this.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  14. Treeconator11

Treeconator11 Ultranumb

Lincoln's assassination I'd guess.

15. Rave

Rave Banned

I simply want to kill people.

16. Peter Quill

Peter Quill star-lord

I seriously said "wtf" in real life here. Where did you hear that? lol.

Other then that all the laws seem fine :/ - I mean, I have nothing to complain about =P

17. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

Debate forum is for debates, kids. Debates that might already be ongoing, in fact. Go take a look-see if you feel like ranting about your freedoms. As far as this thread's concerned, just answer the question and get back to playing Pong or whatever it is you all do these days.

I want the law of gravity changed. Stupid birds think they're so cool...

18. interstellas

interstellas Banned

I want to park my hefalump in the parking lot. ):

19. Krake

Krake Flabebe's Kids

JFK?

I only want marijuana to be legal. Other than that, I'm fine with the laws.

20. pastel

pastel Viva el Reggaeton!

marijuana be legaized, it was going to here in mexico, but no more....lol...tooooooo bad......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.